Memorable carry stories...let's hear'em!!!

Another thread reminded me of this one time....

I had a few friends in town a few winters ago and it was decided that we would head into Boston to do some bar hopping (I would be DD).

I was carrying my G19 OWB at 3 o'clock underneath a thin sweater and a winter coat.

We ended up at the Greatest Bar or whatever it's called and got in line outside.

As we got to the front of the line, I saw that not only was there security just inside the entrance, but they were also patting people down before allowing entry. No wanding. A physical pat down.

My first thought was, "Well, the car is too far away for me to go back and stow the G19... **** it... let's see what happens!" All of my friends knew I carried so I wasn't worried about any issues there (though none of them carry - none of them are gun guys).

I was actually kinda curious what security would do.

I let all of my friends through the check first to get their pat downs. As soon as they were all through, they all turned around to watch me with smiles on their faces.

As I walked up to get my pat down, of the 3 security people there, 2 were huge dudes, and 1 was a petite girl in her early 20's.

The girl stepped forward to give me the pat down - I thought, "This is going to be interesting...". A quick glance up at my friend's faces told me they were thinking the exact same thing.

I used both hands to hold open my winter coat for her. She used both of her hands and started patting down up underneath my arms and down my sides.

Pat, pat, pat, pat... and then her left hand landed squarely on the G19 (still concealed under the thin sweater).

At this point I'm watching her facial expressions start with a "hmm? what's this?"

She re-positioned her left hand on the G19 to get a better "feel" for what it was.

Her eyes got real big once she realized what it was and I could see the gears turning in her head.

After a few seconds frozen with her hand still sitting on my gun, thinking about how she was going to handle this... she stopped the pat down, just lowered her eyes to the ground, and said, "you can go ahead...." in a I-don't-really-know-what-to-do-in-this-situation-so-I'm-just-not-going-to-do-anything way.

I say thank you and walk on in.

As we walked towards the bar, my friends had puzzled looks on their faces. One of them asked, "did she find it?" "Yup!" "And she just let you through?!" "Yup!" "What kind of security is that?!"

Last edited:
"What kind of security is that?!"
I would like to see places that do this start to recognize SANE security practices. Sure - check for illegal guns (to keep gandbangers out), but welcome anyone who is carrying legally.

I was stopped at the intersection of Rt 1 and 152 waiting to make a left turn onto Rt 1 to take Rt 495. The light changed green for cars going straight and I made a left turn against a red arrow. I was on the hands free phone with my vet talking about the dog and didn't see it the red arrow. As soon as I completed the turn I saw blue lights behind me. I put on my right directional and slowed to enter Lowe's to take this off the main road. When I stopped I opened all 4 windows, shut off the radio and car and sat with my hands at the steering wheels 12. The detective approached, introduced himself and told me what I had done. I said "Honestly, I didn't even see it." He asked for my license and I as I was handing it to him he asked where I was going. I saw the vets number on my phone on my dash and though for a second of saying the vet but I replied "honestly I am on my way to the range". He asked "so you are carrying now?" I replied "yes sir it's at my 4:00." He asked if I had an active LTC, and I told him I did while I was looking for it in my wallet. I accidentally handed him my pilots license. He handed it back saying that wasn't it. I looked at it and said "oh ya, that's my pilot license." I then handed him my LTC. As he was looking them over I asked if he wanted to see my reg, he said that's not necessary. Asked what range I belonged to. I told him Mansfield. As he handed me back my documents he said that he was a firearms instructor, told me to be safe and have a good grouping. I told him thank you, be safe as well. and we both went on our way.

Another thread reminded me of this one time....

I had a few friends in town a few winters ago and it was decided that we would head into Boston to do some bar hopping (I would be DD).

I was carrying my G19 OWB at 3 o'clock underneath a thin sweater and a winter coat.

We ended up at the Greatest Bar or whatever it's called and got in line outside.

As we got to the front of the line, I saw that not only was there security just inside the entrance, but they were also patting people down before allowing entry. No wanding. A physical pat down.

My first thought was, "Well, the car is too far away for me to go back and stow the G19... **** it... let's see what happens!" All of my friends knew I carried so I wasn't worried about any issues there (though none of them carry - none of them are gun guys).

I was actually kinda curious what security would do.

That's what concealed carry badges are for. Belt clip mount would have been perfect.

One time riding the Commuter Rail I was sitting next to an anti-gunner. He was so offensive I decided to write a letter about it...

I would like to see places that do this start to recognize SANE security practices. Sure - check for illegal guns (to keep gandbangers out), but welcome anyone who is carrying legally.

So you're ok with some minimum wage kid (well 21) working the door asking to see your LTC? [wink][wink][troll][troll]

So, there I was crossing the border from New Hampshire to Vermont and panic hit me because I didn't have a Vermont license.

And then I was like "Oh Yea"

Relax, you're on Green Mountain time. [lol]

One time riding the Commuter Rail I was sitting next to an anti-gunner. He was so offensive I decided to write a letter about it...

A year ago yesterday, bignova. You're a legend.

For those who missed it:

I wrote a letter to the Boston globe

http://www.northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/threads/299727-I-wrote-a-letter-to-the-Boston-globe

That's what concealed carry badges are for. Belt clip mount would have been perfect.

Useless without the sash.

tumblr_nukg73EoCp1s2fmvmo1_500.jpg

Back
Top Bottom