Meet and Greet with Rep. Hank Naughton tonight in Leominster

Mike S

NES Member
This would be a great time to discuss things in person.

From GOAL's Facebook page:

Update!

Please note: Rep. Naughton has contacted our office, he wanted to let us know that his office neglected to mention that tonight's event at Cristina's restaurant is a fundraiser, the minimum donation to attend is $100.00. According to his office he will not be available to speak to anyone not attending the fundraiser. The restaurant will be open for business otherwise.

Rep Hank Naughton will be at Cristina's Restaurant on 314 Main St. in Leominster from 5:30 to 7:30 tonight, stop by and talk with him about restoring our rights, not further restriction.

Here's a link to our page which will help you prepare. Public Hearings Prep Page

Last edited:
GOAL Rating Candidate Party Incumbent
A+ Harold P. Naughton D Yes GOAL Endorsed

Amazing. Again, what does it take to get an F?

- - - Updated - - -

what a coincidence, i was considering heading out for a bite to eat tonight. i'll be sure to mention GOAL and to discuss his relationship with them.

This is something I can get on board with, and would love to hear the answer to this.

How awesome/shocking would it be if Naughton, who was given this task by DeLeo, issues his little report or whatever and strongly recommends that we broadly loosen up the gun laws here in MA? In other words, if he really was A+.

GOAL does not change ratings mid term, this has been discussed.

GOAL will evaluate his ratings for the 2014 election based on his actions during this legislative session. That is how the process works, if you don't like the current system and are a GOAL member, please feel free to attend a BoD meeting to discuss.

I hope all of the people here that are taking shots at GOAL because of his actions will take the time to go discuss the issues with the man himself.

GOAL does not change ratings mid term, this has been discussed.

GOAL will evaluate his ratings for the 2014 election based on his actions during this legislative session. That is how the process works, if you don't like the current system and are a GOAL member, please feel free to attend a BoD meeting to discuss.

I hope all of the people here that are taking shots at GOAL because of his actions will take the time to go discuss the issues with the man himself.

This is a flatly stupid and indefensible policy on GOAL's part. This guy could roll out a recommendation to confiscate all guns in MA tomorrow morning but GOAL would still list him as A+ until the 2014 election. GOAL would be actively endorsing that person.

Completely retarded.

well the moonbat POS of course schedules his shindig when normal, everyday, tax-paying americans are AT WORK or driving home from work. i am going to make every effort to get there and then to rake him over the coals and to get the truth, then we'll see fi GOAL will adjust their rating before the election. if not then they are simply willfully misleading the members, prospective members, and spreading incorrect information which will ultimately help elect a domestic enemy of the constitution.

needless to say in this thread as well, but i'm gonna say it anyway: GOAL is no longer going to receive a dime from me unless this guy takes me up on an offer to bug out of the shindig early and hit the range.

This is a flatly stupid and indefensible policy on GOAL's part. This guy could roll out a recommendation to confiscate all guns in MA tomorrow morning but GOAL would still list him as A+ until the 2014 election. GOAL would be actively endorsing that person.

Completely retarded.

Like I said, if you don't like the policy and are a GOAL member, feel free to be a positive change agent. :)

If you're not a GOAL member, they would welcome another voice to the chorus, please join and make your voice heard.

This would be a great time to discuss things in person.

From GOAL's Facebook page:

Are you a constituent of Rep Hank Naughton? If so he will be at Cristina's Restaurant on 314 Main St. in Leominster from 5:30 to 7:30 tonight, stop by and talk with him about restoring our rights, not further restriction.

Here's a link to our page which will help you prepare. Public Hearings Prep Page

Mike,

It is Central Street not Main Street.

We are located at:
Cristina's Restaurant
314 Central Street (Route 12)

Leominster, MA 01453
Reservations Call (978) 534-0849
Email: [email protected]

Thanks for the notice.
Cheers.

Directions

Last edited:
If you're not a GOAL member, they would welcome another voice to the chorus, please join and make your voice heard.

doesn't have to be posted publicly if they prefere anonymity, but if you already know of members confirmed to be attending--let me know so i can try to link up with those folks. if we're not organized we're dead in the water.

Like I said, if you don't like the policy and are a GOAL member, feel free to be a positive change agent. :)

Yeah, pay to join an organization that's so stuck in its own idiotic bureaucracy that it can't be bothered to stop actively endorsing its enemies, even while they're attacking it. Where do I send the check?

trying to organize friends right now, this will probably be an all-day thing.

anyone looking to chill with me, shoot me a PM so we can try to coordinate a time for when i get back to town and changed into nicer clothes.

Mike,

It is Central Street not Main Street.

We are located at:
Cristina's Restaurant
314 Central Street (Route 12)

Leominster, MA 01453
Reservations Call (978) 534-0849
Email: [email protected]

Thanks for the notice.
Cheers.

Directions
Thanks, working on an e-mail to his constituents now. Got the address from his twitter... shoulda known.

Yeah, pay to join an organization that's so stuck in its own idiotic bureaucracy that it can't be bothered to stop actively endorsing its enemies, even while they're attacking it. Where do I send the check?

Essentialy you have to pay to give obvious advice.

Think of it as reverse consulting.

Step 1: pay GOAL membership fee
Step 2: drive out 1,000 miles to GOAL HQ
Step 3: tell GOAL's BoD that you think it's a bad idea to simultaneously endorse a candidate and fight him in the state house.
Step 4: ?????
Step 5: lose.

2012 National Rifle Association - Candidate Positions on Gun Rights 92%
2010 National Rifle Association Political Victory Fund - Positions on Gun Rights A
2008 National Rifle Association Political Victory Fund - Lifetime Score A
2006 National Rifle Association Political Victory Fund - Positions on Gun Rights A
2000 National Rifle Association Political Victory Fund - Positions on Gun Rights A
1998 National Rifle Association Institute for Legislative Action - Positions on Gun Rights 0%
1998 National Rifle Association Political Victory Fund - Positions A

the %0 one i guess was never filled out. however, we all know how much we can trust the NRA. this guy has been to asscrackistan, iraq, and currently serves in the JAG corps. also has a CAB and bronze star.

campaign contributions include insurance companies, teacher federation, and lots of LEO/corrections groups along wth some unions.

things seem like they could go either way, but this is mentioned:

Harold Naughton, Jr. refused to tell citizens where he stands on any of the issues addressed in the 2012 Political Courage Test, despite repeated requests from Vote Smart, national media, and prominent political leaders.

more recently:

2012 Gun Owners' Action League Positions on Gun Rights [Incumbents] 100%
2012 National Rifle Association Candidate Positions on Gun Rights 92%
2010 National Rifle Association Political Victory Fund Positions on Gun Rights

this is why it is important to have GOAL's rating CORRECT. it DOES show up. this is all from votesmart.org by the way.

a concerning statement from masslive:

While Naughton says he does not want politics to interfere with his work on gun law reforms, the potential candidate for lieutenant governor will be operating in the coming months with one foot in the 2014 campaign cycle as he takes steps to boost his profile and build up the financial resources necessary for a statewide campaign.

this isn't a good sign IMO as moving further up the food chain in MA means leaving more and more of your morals behind.

from the same article:

“I really want to see the tack they take on mental health,” said Naughton, predicting his committee would be ready to make its recommendation by the time the public hearings end in September. “We want to get it rolling this year and have some discussion before people go home for recess in November,” he said.

Naughton said he was “frustrated” that Congressional Republicans and Democrats couldn’t come together over universal background checks for gun purchases.

Noting that Massachusetts has “some pretty strict laws as it is” on gun control, Naughton said that no matter what approach the state takes, action at the national level is necessary.

“We can do a certain level of stuff in Massachusetts, but as long as the states around us aren’t uniform, it really does water down the effectiveness of whatever we try to do,” he said.

Momentum on Beacon Hill for legislation to address gun violence has waned since DeLeo put the issue front and center in January after the Sandy Hook Elementary shootings. The speaker did not finalize membership of his task force until mid-March.

During a March WBZ radio appearance, DeLeo, in response to a caller who objected to describing the task force as a “gun control” effort and warned against “attacks” on law-abiding gun owners, DeLeo said his father was an avid sportsman and interrupted the caller, saying, “I never called it gun control. I just want to make that very clear.”

this is some of the more recent information out there, and the truth is slowly coming out. this basically shows him and deleo in support of gun control legislation. you can't polish a turd, can't call this type of legislation anything other than "gun control".

"moms demand action" on facebook... had to get google cache of this one as they have banned me ([laugh]):

IMPORTANT MASSACHUSETTS CALL TO ACTION:
CONTACT STATE REP. HAROLD NAUGHTON 617-722-2230
Not only is Rep. Naughton a co-chair of the Committee on Public Safety and Homeland Security which is responsible for bringing gun bills to the floor in MA, he is now a possible candidate for Lieutenant Governor. This means that he will need support (and votes) from ALL citizens of the Commonwealth. Please contact Rep. Naughton's office and tell his staff that as a member of the Massachusetts Chapter of Moms Demand Action for Gun Sense in America, you will be watching for his FULL SUPPORT of new gun safety legislation in the coming months. Rep. Naughton's office is definitely hearing from gun-rights groups who do not want more gun laws. Please help us keep his phone ringing on the side of "gun-sense".

there you have it... draw your own conclusions--i am not optimistic.

Back
Top Bottom