Meet and Greet with Rep. Hank Naughton tonight in Leominster

So, because they changed at the last minute, no one is going? I'm not paying, but I am certainly going. Nothing has officially come out of his office regarding the $100 charge. Go. Plead ignorance. When denied, tell them you are going to the press. Then, you are either granted access, or the press gets it. I mean, there was never any mention of the fee, prior to an hour ago, right? And, what is he raising funds for???

sent via carrier pigeon from a secret squirrel camp

no, it's a good idea, however when the police get called because there are a bunch of "possibly armed, unruly firearm activists" who are "protesting at the restaurant" where a member of the priviliged class is... you guys all saw the video from concord, and that was NH.

exactly how far would we be taking this?

OK, first, someone send me the original tweet. My twitter is oldsoldier181. Second, I am calling a local reporter, as a heads up. Third, let them call. Act civil. Don't get angry. Ask that management ask you to leave, not them. Then comply. I will make sure it gets covered locally, if we are denied access. I need two things though; the original tweet regarding this, and people to actually show up.

OK, first, someone send me the original tweet. My twitter is oldsoldier181. Second, I am calling a local reporter, as a heads up. Third, let them call. Act civil. Don't get angry. Ask that management ask you to leave, not them. Then comply. I will make sure it gets covered locally, if we are denied access. I need two things though; the original tweet regarding this, and people to actually show up.

It's here: https://twitter.com/RepHankNaughton

i don't use twitter, but here is his feed complete with the original tweet: https://twitter.com/RepHankNaughton

Hmmmm... It's true that old soldiers never die they just get carried away... to jail that is. [wink][smile]

Thanks, liked his feed. Now, I am driving, so, if a correction is sent out, I will not get it-illegal to use my phone while driving ;)

no, it's a good idea, however when the police get called because there are a bunch of "possibly armed, unruly firearm activists" who are "protesting at the restaurant" where a member of the priviliged class is... you guys all saw the video from concord, and that was NH.

exactly how far would we be taking this?
Put your vest on under your shirt. I wouldn't want you to have a heart attack when they taze you bro.[wink]

No, I called his office, they said it was always a fundraiser-yet, the only mention of this event from his camp was the single tweet. Nothing on his website, nothing on the state site. I am here. Is anyone else going? I haven't gone in yet. I saw him go in. Parking lot is kinda empty, lol

No, I called his office, they said it was always a fundraiser-yet, the only mention of this event from his camp was the single tweet. Nothing on his website, nothing on the state site. I am here. Is anyone else going? I haven't gone in yet. I saw him go in. Parking lot is kinda empty, lol

Hmmm... if its not sold out maybe you can score a cheaper invitation!

were you able to get inside and see what's going on there?

I'll be sure to bring up the rating system at the next Goal BoD meeting.

this is why i held on to my GOAL membership. i know that you guys who we got on the board are solid. i'd met almost every person i voted for and i know that you guys aren't the ones holding things back.

in one sentence, one single sentence, you let me know that there is still hope. better than the responses i was receiving from the only "official" member of GOAL who was posting in here.

If the ratings truly are just for a single election, maybe the ratings should be taken down once the election is over.
Plus: Don't have to worry about keeping ratings up to date in situations such as this. Seems that there isn't manpower to do so. (Not a criticism, an observation).
Minus: Sometimes it's useful to know stuff about your reps in-between election cycles.

FYI, this is a wash. Its a legit fundraiser. They didn't charge us to enter, and the young woman checking people in was very pleasant. However, naughton was late, as they just voted to raise taxes, and he attended that (color me shocked). So, it was a legit fundraiser. My call, these are all supporters of him, as they all seemed to know one another, and were either politicians, or lawyers. I left, as he wasn't going to be there until after 7, and was there strictly ad a fundraiser.

"Harold Naughton ‏@RepHankNaughton 8h
Please join me tonight at Cristina's Restaurant on 314 Main St. in Leominster from 5:30 to 7:30!"

Fundraiser my ass.

Nowhere does it say he won't talk to you unless you pay $100 to speak to your rep.

What GOAL should be doing is calling Naughton out on the name and premise of his "gun violence listening tour." Get the step on him instead of reacting to it after it's way too late. Why let the other side dictate the dialogue if we have the moral and legal high ground?

Last edited:
What GOAL should be doing is calling Naughton out on the name and premise of his "gun violence listening tour." Get the step on him instead of reacting to it after it's way too late. Why let the other side dictate the dialogue if we have the moral and legal high ground?

A+ response. i do believe mike has checked out of this thread though, our concerns (mostly) fall on deaf ears.

Thank you kindly. I am in agreement with other voices here that policies should be in place to change a rating if and when a situation like this comes up. The digital age is here and simple website changes or even an ALERT going out that a rating has been changed even if it does not make it to the website should get done. GOAL owes it to its supporters - YES I SAID OWES IT - to not have misinformation and endorsements that could lead to support of the enemy of the cause.

A+ response. i do believe mike has checked out of this thread though, our concerns (mostly) fall on deaf ears.

Although Palladin seems to be on top of it - have you contacted any of the other NES members which are GOAL BOD members about this issue?

Back
Top Bottom