Meet and Greet with Rep. Hank Naughton tonight in Leominster

He makes no mention of the $100 on his twitter feed. Just show up and plead ignorance. This isn't a GOAL specific event as far as I can tell. If he isn't charging others the $100 then you call the Herald and let them run with it.

we get the straight dope on his true agenda.

I think it's very clear. He is a MA democrat with aspirations of higher office. That alone should tell you what his "true agenda" is. You cannot be remotely pro-2A and expect advancement in MA.

Much like how Kirsten Gillibrand did it in NY. She based her House of Reps campaign about being a very strong pro-2A "blue dog" democrat to appease her district (NRA A rated). The moment she went to the Senate and began her political advancement, she immediately reverted back to her true self (now NRA F rated)
NRA Shoots Down Gillibrand's "Grade" | NBC New York

I think it's very clear. He is a MA democrat with aspirations of higher office. That alone should tell you what his "true agenda" is. You cannot be remotely pro-2A and expect advancement in MA.

Much like how Kirsten Gillibrand did it in NY. She based her House of Reps campaign about being a very strong pro-2A "blue dog" democrat to appease her district (NRA A rated). The moment she went to the Senate and began her political advancement, she immediately reverted back to her true self (now NRA F rated)
NRA Shoots Down Gillibrand's "Grade" | NBC New York

The worst part of it is that the organizations like GOAL and the NRA are too clueless to realize that they're being used for their ridiculous over-endorsements.

He makes no mention of the $100 on his twitter feed. Just show up and plead ignorance. This isn't a GOAL specific event as far as I can tell. If he isn't charging others the $100 then you call the Herald and let them run with it.

I would do this if I wasn't working 2 calls tonight. It's possible this is a smoke blowing attempt... big time.

-Mike

The worst part of it is that the organizations like GOAL and the NRA are too clueless to realize that they're being used for their ridiculous over-endorsements.

They aren't mind readers. People like Gillibrand lied about their 2A stance and voted on pro-gun bills, fully knowing that in NY her vote wouldn't have really mattered.

no, you're %100 right. i pretty much have him pegged in my big post on page 1. however i wanted to really hear this dude out and get the information/bullshit straight from him.

his agenda is abundantly clear at the moment and anyone who isn't convinced by now that he isn't the enemy is lying to themself.

i think it's time GOAL re-evaluated his rating and sent a note to the NRA--they should, too. why am i even sitting here telling GOAL and the NRA the best course of action to take? shouldn't they already know this? this is how we got into this mess in the first place! organizations who are anything but organized, but happy to take your money which are coupled with an inept ruling body and whammo! you get massachusetts.

i will continue donating to comm2a as their cases have some legal teeth and they have shown us what they can and are willing to do in the short period of time they have been on the scene.

i am thoroughly disgusted at the moment.

Sheriff_of_Nottingham.jpg

hide your maid marions[smile]

in some versions, the Sheriff is more a cowardly schemer while his assistant, Sir Guy of Gisbourne(,deleo) is a more competent and determined physical threat to Robin. In other versions, the Sheriff answers to Prince John (patrick), who is the main villain.

Hey guys, here's an idea.

Representative Harold Naughton

State House
Room 167
Boston, MA 02133
Phone: 617-722-2230

District Office
200 High Street, 1st Floor
Clinton, MA 01510
Phone: 978-365-1955

Instead of being angry at GOAL, give him a call or set up a time to go visit him in person.

They aren't mind readers. People like Gillibrand lied about their 2A stance and voted on pro-gun bills, fully knowing that in NY her vote wouldn't have really mattered.

So what has Naughton done to actually advance gun rights? That's what an A+ rating should be for after all, right? I asked GOAL the same question and was told that he's the chair of a committee that hasn't passed any new gun control laws lately.

- - - Updated - - -

Hey guys, here's an idea.

Representative Harold Naughton

State House
Room 167
Boston, MA 02133
Phone: 617-722-2230

District Office
200 High Street, 1st Floor
Clinton, MA 01510
Phone: 978-365-1955

Instead of being angry at GOAL, give him a call or set up a time to go visit him in person.

A+ idea.

So what has Naughton done to actually advance gun rights? That's what an A+ rating should be for after all, right? I asked GOAL the same question and was told that he's the chair of a committee that hasn't passed any new gun control laws lately.

- - - Updated - - -

A+ idea.

I never said I agreed with his rating. I'm just saying that the very nature of ratings is shaky at best.

so GOAL is being renamed to GOL?

whereas the "A" has been removed due to lack of action on their part?

i like how the response to this event, which GOAL pimped, was "do it yourself". unbelievable.

Wait, you're bitching because you're being asked to take action on your own accord to protect something that you are always talking about as being hugely important to you. Really?

Wait, you're bitching because you're being asked to take action on your own accord to protect something that you are always talking about as being hugely important to you. Really?

i was planning on attending, but i am not going to throw down $200 of my own dollars for me and a guest to listen to him pander to his voter base and fellow fundraser buddies. i don't trust your A+ as far as i could throw it, and we've already shot holes (pun intended) in it in here, and the other shit show of a GOAL thread we had recently.

this is pathetic.

i was planning on attending, but i am not going to throw down $200 of my own dollars for me and a guest to listen to him pander to his voter base and fellow fundraser buddies. i don't trust your A+ as far as i could throw it, and we've already shot holes (pun intended) in it in here, and the other shit show of a GOAL thread we had recently.

this is pathetic.

I am sure they will tell you at the door that the $100 donation is actually "optional and highly encouraged," instead of "required"

Then he will blame his junior staffer in charge of the official twitter feed for sending out mis-information.

This is some Grade A horseshit. As far as I can tell, he invited the public to attend with no mention of the fealty fee. "Neglected to mention" my ass.

Did you miss the part where I said I don't agree with his rating? That "GOAL Endorsed" is part of his rating.

No, that's not his rating, the A+ is his rating. That "GOAL endorsed" tag is GOAL going out of their way to tell us (and anyone out there paying attention) that he's a great guy on the subject of gun rights who we should all go out and vote for and support. If he supports a piece of legislation then the gun owners of MA probably do too.

Ratings are usually used to imply an endorsement. GOAL takes the extra effort to interpret the ratings for us and remove any doubt.

Someone else just posted that this is pretty convenient, that as soon as some people here are going to ask some nice questions about Naughton and his relationship to GOAL, now all of a sudden it costs $100.

[puke] [puke]
Yeah I smell a rat. That's the first thing that crossed my mind when I read GOAL's latest email.
A+ Baby!

I called his office. Has anyone else? I asked for an explanation. Was told it was a mistweet. I asked what the original message said, if it mentioned it being a fundraiser. I got a non answer. I asked if other groups were notified, as I checked several websites, and all are calling it a meet and greet. He said it was always marketed as a fundraiser. I asked when it was first mentioned-he didn't know the exact date. I call bullshit.
As to dogpiling on goal. We got it. You don't like them. Stay home then. Me, I am going, and pleading ignorance. Then, I will be hanging around, making sure anyone who goes, pays. If they don't, I go right to the s&e. We bicker too much amongst ourselves. You play right into their hands by doing that. Just saying.
If you go tonight, I will see you there. I will have a Hawaiian shirt on. Say hi :)

sent via carrier pigeon from a secret squirrel camp

No, that's not his rating, the A+ is his rating. That "GOAL endorsed" tag is GOAL going out of their way to tell us (and anyone out there paying attention) that he's a great guy on the subject of gun rights who we should all go out and vote for and support. If he supports a piece of legislation then the gun owners of MA probably do too.

Ratings are usually used to imply an endorsement. GOAL takes the extra effort to interpret the ratings for us and remove any doubt.

And by the way, this endorsement is exactly what he's going to throw out there when trying to convince everyone that the massive legislation being alluded to - the legislation that's going to be coming out of this *******'s "Gun Violence Listening Tour" (does that sound unbiased to you?) is fair and reasonable. And GOAL will be too stupid/lazy/bureaucratic to change the rating until next November, so he'll be able to tout his active GOAL endorsement while he rams it up our asses.

- - - Updated - - -

You are arguing semantics.

Regardless of Naughton's A+ Goal Endorsed rating, we all know his true intentions here.

The point is that the world outside of NES does not.

Last edited:
And by the way, this endorsement is exactly what he's going to throw out there when trying to convince everyone that the massive legislation being alluding to - the legislation that's going to be coming out of this *******'s "Gun Violence Listening Tour" (does that sound unbiased to you?) is fair and reasonable. And GOAL will be too stupid/lazy/bureaucratic to change the rating until next November, so he'll be able to tout his active GOAL endorsement while he rams it up our asses.

- - - Updated - - -

The point is that the world outside of NES does not.

alllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll this.

i'm beyond disgusted at this state, at the politicians who claim to represent us, and at GOAL.

So, because they changed at the last minute, no one is going? I'm not paying, but I am certainly going. Nothing has officially come out of his office regarding the $100 charge. Go. Plead ignorance. When denied, tell them you are going to the press. Then, you are either granted access, or the press gets it. I mean, there was never any mention of the fee, prior to an hour ago, right? And, what is he raising funds for???

So, because they changed at the last minute, no one is going? I'm not paying, but I am certainly going. Nothing has officially come out of his office regarding the $100 charge. Go. Plead ignorance. When denied, tell them you are going to the press. Then, you are either granted access, or the press gets it. I mean, there was never any mention of the fee, prior to an hour ago, right? And, what is he raising funds for???

Hey, oldsoldier, I think you might just be smarter than the average bear. It might work.

Back
Top Bottom