• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Medway Police look for suspect with "stockpile" of weapons

From LSM news report last night some things might explain what went on here.

- Claimed that he didn't have a LTC/FID.
- Claimed that he had a prior criminal record (that might make him a PP or if he was on probation, his "rights" to an "inspection" without a warrant no longer exist).

So, if he is unlicensed and is a PP, possession is illegal, GFSZ might indeed apply if this were the case, uncertain of that one.

Just call in a "guy with a gun" the next time a cop enters a store. See how the media reacts to that one...

"Phillip Hewitson, an elderly man, from Norwich, was going up to bed, when his wife told him that he’d left the light on in the garden shed, which she could see from the bedroom window. Phillip opened the back door to go turn off the light, but saw that there were people in the shed stealing things.

He phoned the police, who asked ”Is someone in your house?"

He said "No, but some people are breaking into my garden shed and stealing from me.”

Then the police dispatcher said "All patrols are busy. You should lock your doors and an officer will be along when one is available."

Phillip said, "Okay." He hung up the phone and counted to 30. Then he phoned the police again. "Hello, I just called you a few seconds ago because there were people stealing things from my shed. Well you don’t have to worry about them now because I just shot them." and he hung up.

Within five minutes, Six Police Cars, a SWAT Team, a Helicopter, two Fire Trucks, a Paramedic, and an Ambulance showed up at the Hewitson`s’ residence, and caught the burglars red-handed.

One of the Policemen said to Phillip, "I thought you said that you’d shot them!"

Phillip said, "I thought you said there was nobody available!"

(True Story) I LOVE IT! Don’t mess with old folks. "

These are his charges.

Mr. Lesperance will be charged with violation of a 209a restraining order, possession of a firearm without a license, possession of a large capacity firearm, possession of large capacity feeding devices, illegal possession of ammunition, possession of an assault rifle, improper storage of a firearm and possession of a destructive or incendiary device.

Wouldn't an active restraining order make him prohibited person temporarily?

Trying not to derail the thread completely, but cops really don't know or understand the law most of the time. Never ask for or take legal advice from a cop or a gun shop employee.

I think that the NES Cops definitely do know the law. GPP, Officer Obie and JWPalliliJr, all know their stuff. And let's not forget that NES's own esteemed Len2A has a law enforcement background. And that Cloverleaf guy too. [grin]. Everyone of them is solid and they are also on our side.

I only know what the guy told me and he said the PC was his friend.

What I found odd was that he said the PC agreed that he was in violation of the GFSZA.

I had a problem a couple of years ago with kids driving over my front lawn on purpose and tearing it up. I eventually caught the little bastards because they were so predictable. Every Friday night after 11:00 pm. So eventually I just parked my truck at the bottom of the driveway and sat in my truck. They showed up at the usual time and I just took off after them and called the cops. But before I caught them, a local cop told me to string a cable between two trees 4 feet of the ground. [thinking] I told him that i was pretty sure the State would frown on me decapitating teenagers for lawn damage.

Another time I was talking to a local cop about all of the coyote in the neighborhood. He told me to just shoot them and if the cops show up to tell them it attacked me and I was cornered.

Well, at least now the Medway PD is saying that the guns he had was really not a lot of guns.

“It’s not all that many weapons, but he shouldn’t have had any, based on his license,” Kingsbury said.

Plus, they never bought up the issue of the house being near a school, in their original press release. That hysteria was of course whipped up by the press.

But before I caught them, a local cop told me to string a cable between two trees 4 feet of the ground. [thinking] I told him that i was pretty sure the State would frown on me decapitating teenagers for lawn damage.

Another time I was talking to a local cop about all of the coyote in the neighborhood. He told me to just shoot them and if the cops show up to tell them it attacked me and I was cornered.
Brings back memories of what the cops told my old man back in the day when kids would park down on the end of his property for drinking and sex. He'd call the cops to run them off... but the cops finally told him to "throw a couple .357 rounds over their heads... then you won't have to call us anymore." [laugh] True story. [rockon] Can you imagine receiving advice like that from a cop today? [rofl]

Brings back memories of what the cops told my old man back in the day when kids would park down on the end of his property for drinking and sex. He'd call the cops to run them off... but the cops finally told him to "throw a couple .357 rounds over their heads... then you won't have to call us anymore." [laugh] True story. [rockon] Can you imagine receiving advice like that from a cop today? [rofl]

Well, did he follow their advice ? [laugh]

I think that the NES Cops definitely do know the law. GPP, Officer Obie and JWPalliliJr, all know their stuff. And let's not forget that NES's own esteemed Len2A has a law enforcement background. And that Cloverleaf guy too. [grin]. Everyone of them is solid and they are also on our side.

I had a problem a couple of years ago with kids driving over my front lawn on purpose and tearing it up. I eventually caught the little bastards because they were so predictable. Every Friday night after 11:00 pm. So eventually I just parked my truck at the bottom of the driveway and sat in my truck. They showed up at the usual time and I just took off after them and called the cops. But before I caught them, a local cop told me to string a cable between two trees 4 feet of the ground. [thinking] I told him that i was pretty sure the State would frown on me decapitating teenagers for lawn damage.

Yes, but there are too few of us in LE that know the law. Sadly NONE of my knowledge came to me because I was in LE, it was all because I sought out that knowledge strictly on my own. I'm willing to bet that the rest of those you named did likewise.

----------------

Yes, times were different. Many years ago I was given some "interesting" advice too from LE, today if I did follow said advice (I didn't) and got caught I'd spend more time in jail than a murderer.

Well, at least now the Medway PD is saying that the guns he had was really not a lot of guns.

“It’s not all that many weapons, but he shouldn’t have had any, based on his license,” Kingsbury said.

Plus, they never bought up the issue of the house being near a school, in their original press release. That hysteria was of course whipped up by the press.

Some of the articles I saw said there was concern with the home made "bombs" and the proximity to the school. They may have gotten that hysteria from the state bomb squad feeding them info, fire department, etc.

As a resident of Medway I can say that it would disappoint most is the NES regulars how reasonable the Medway PD can be to interact with. They've done a reasonable job of communicating the situation via their Facebook page so far, not perfect but ok. But once this chit hits the media it's lets get as many clicks and views as possible time

Oh for f**k sakes I just let myself get sucked into a BookFace back and forth with someone on the town page. One lady posts about this event and links the Fox News story (third post in same group on the subject btw) and second lady replies with how "terrifying" it is. I have a policy of not participating in shit like this on social media but I screwed up and added this reply:

"Check the Medway PD Facebook page, they have been very good about communicating on this. The "news" is in the business of trying to get people as worked up as possible, Medway Police Department has the actual facts without trying to get as many clicks and re-posts as possible".

Next thing I know the terrified lady is replying "You a friend of his, Pete? I think everyone in town knows about the MPD's facebook page and is able to read "news" from any number of sources."

Wow, guess I hit a nerve huh?

Oh for f**k sakes I just let myself get sucked into a BookFace back and forth with someone on the town page. One lady posts about this event and links the Fox News story (third post in same group on the subject btw) and second lady replies with how "terrifying" it is. I have a policy of not participating in shit like this on social media but I screwed up and added this reply:

"Check the Medway PD Facebook page, they have been very good about communicating on this. The "news" is in the business of trying to get people as worked up as possible, Medway Police Department has the actual facts without trying to get as many clicks and re-posts as possible".

Next thing I know the terrified lady is replying "You a friend of his, Pete? I think everyone in town knows about the MPD's facebook page and is able to read "news" from any number of sources."

Wow, guess I hit a nerve huh?

HA! I saw that and almost added my two cents but it really wasn't worth my time.

I have lived in Medway for 60 years.

It's a green town with a good police force.

Done lots of shooting here and never an issue.

The gf lives in Medway and while I've heard some shooting off of Sanford St. near the power lines (mostly last year during the fall) I don't know exactly where it was coming from. I'd also love to know a safe area or two to do some outdoor plinking.

The gf lives in Medway and while I've heard some shooting off of Sanford St. near the power lines (mostly last year during the fall) I don't know exactly where it was coming from. I'd also love to know a safe area or two to do some outdoor plinking.

I heard some shooting in the woods between Medway and Millis a few weeks ago and meant to come post a thread on it but forgot....was gonna have "who's shooting in the woods near Medway" as the title and "and why wasn't I invited?!?" As the body [rofl]

I grew up in Medway and we always used a piece of land on Adams St. for a range because there was an old rusted milk truck from Briggs' farm up there. Now they built the high school on the land, they should have done a soil test for lead before hand.

I grew up in Medway and we always used a piece of land on Adams St. for a range because there was an old rusted milk truck from Briggs' farm up there. Now they built the high school on the land, they should have done a soil test for lead before hand.
Crap, don't say that! They'll test for lead and find some, then either spend 150 million on "reclamation" or abandon the high school and spend 175 million on another one...lol.

The town my wife and I live in had some issues over the past couple of years because they sold some land that had been used for a dump years and *years* ago. Developer built a house on it without disclosing, then the owners found out. I don't even know how much it cost, but the house got moved to different land and the town had heavy equipment in removing all the dumped crap for months and months.

Back
Top Bottom