• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Medway Police look for suspect with "stockpile" of weapons

I'm no expert on explosives but I'll give my opinion as to what I think they were. I saw a picture of them on the news. Looked like bug fireworks to me. I know still illegal to have in Mass but it just looked like something he had left over from the 4th of July. Again I'm no expert but that was my first thought from a quick glimpse on the news....

But lets start a panic in case...lmao...

It looks like if you're illegally possessing a firearm it's worse if you're close to a school.

On the other hand I know a guy who possesses firearms legally and his house is right next to a school. He thinks he's violating the GFSZA and he knows the police chief. So he asks the police chief and the police chief thinks he's violating the GFSZA too, but since they're friends the chif won't arrest him.

I sh!t you not. I met and talked to this guy last week and he's dead serious.

Wow. This certainly has it all. Two people (including a PC) completely ignorant of the law and selective enforcement if the perceived law was actually a law.

I'm no expert on explosives but I'll give my opinion as to what I think they were. I saw a picture of them on the news. Looked like bug fireworks to me. I know still illegal to have in Mass but it just looked like something he had left over from the 4th of July. Again I'm no expert but that was my first thought from a quick glimpse on the news....

I saw this story on Fox 25 last night as well. Holy propaganda, Batman! They made sure to also say "close to 1,000 rounds of ammunition!"

All these articles and news stories are to incite fear in hopes of pushing the gun grabber agenda forward. Notice how they made mention that he possessed a “cache of illegally possessed weapons,” including two assault rifles!

Those aren't even AW per the MA and previous Federal Definition under the AWB. But the average low-information viewer or reader would not know this and they also likely don't know that MA still has an AWB!

Just like how CT had an AWB in place when Newtown happened, but it didn't stop the gun banners from pushing for a new Federal AWB that obviously and clearly would not have stopped what happened there.

The whole point of these media outlets pushing this crap is to scare and enrage the gun grabbers and, of course, to generate ratings (if it bleeds, it leads). Disgusting.

Last edited:
I saw this story on Fox 25 last night as well. Holy propaganda, Batman! They made sure to also say "close to 1,000 rounds of ammunition!"

All these articles and news stories are to incite fear in hopes of pushing the gun grabber agenda forward.

Some of the ammo looked so old...seemed like the casings were pitted. He either doesn't rotate his ammo stock or he hasn't been shooting in a while. And as for the 1,000 rounds...I think a few weeks back I just bought over 1,000 of .22 off a guy. For .22, I'll go though that with my kids in two range trips.

Boy do they like to sensationalize...

Also there seems to be little information on what the COPS were doing inside the house. Did they have a warrant?

Police were at the home for a “routine investigation,” the press release states.

Friggin media.....

The Marine Corps teaches us how to kill people with our hands and the heel of our boot. Does this mean I am in possession of assault boots?
This guys cache wouldn't even fill one of those little gun cabinets that they sell at Dicks. Pretty soon you will have to get a permit to buy a safe that holds more than 10 guns.

"Pretty soon you will have to get a permit to buy a safe that holds more than 10 guns". Please don't give Cynthia Creeme or David Linksy any ideas [crying]

- - - Updated - - -

Ah. Fireworks for NH, in MA they are explosives. Awesome.

So, dude had a total of six firearms and it's a "cache". Jesus wept.

I have more than 6 firearms in a single caliber. This is absurd

Gotta wonder what the F a "routine investigation" is for one thing. Also, if they don't know who the firearms belong to, how can they say they were illegally possessed?

If the firearms are in a residience, and no resident has an FID/LTC, by massprudence, they are illegal. [angry]

Also, as a veteran myself i'ts starting to really piss me off the way the media portrays us... as though if we own guns we're collectively more dangerous or prone to mental illness than anyone else.

Starting to piss you off? [thinking]

All these articles and news stories are to incite fear in hopes of pushing the gun grabber agenda forward. Notice how they made mention that he possessed a “cache of illegally possessed weapons,” including two assault rifles!

Those aren't even AW per the MA and previous Federal Definition under the AWB. But the average low-information viewer or reader would not know this and they also likely don't know that MA still has an AWB!

Just like how CT had an AWB in place when Newtown happened, but it didn't stop the gun banners from pushing for a new Federal AWB that obviously and clearly would not have stopped what happened there.

The whole point of these media outlets pushing this crap is to scare and enrage the gun grabbers and, of course, to generate ratings (if it bleeds, it leads). Disgusting.

IBOU ght over 1,000 rounds of ammo once (this week). WTF. Given the opportunity, my kids go through that routinely in a weekend.

Did someone at the house let them in? How did they gain entry? I assume no warrant?

Wellness visit. Exigency. They saw a dog that hadn't been shot. This. Is. Bullshit. [frown] Routine my ass.

Why in the hell would he bring that up with the cop??? I realize that in MA the cops already know more about our personal possessions than many are happy with, but how often does a conversation with a cop end well when you start it with "hey, I think I'm violating federal law because....."??

I only know what the guy told me and he said the PC was his friend.

What I found odd was that he said the PC agreed that he was in violation of the GFSZA.

I only know what the guy told me and he said the PC was his friend.

What I found odd was that he said the PC agreed that he was in violation of the GFSZA.
Trying not to derail the thread completely, but cops really don't know or understand the law most of the time. Never ask for or take legal advice from a cop or a gun shop employee.

Gotta love libtards and sensational media. They have no problem reminding each other that the US has more than enough firearms to arm the whole world over but pee their pants when they find out someone has more than 1 firearm in their possession.

Last gun confiscation on faux 25 news, they called bayonets swords.

I just watched the Fox 25 video from last night, they referred to the home made firecrackers as IEDs. They called in the bomb squad, they could have saved some time by just bringing them to the baseball field and and lighting them off.

Gotta wonder what the F a "routine investigation" is for one thing. Also, if they don't know who the firearms belong to, how can they say they were illegally possessed?

Also, as a veteran myself i'ts starting to really piss me off the way the media portrays us... as though if we own guns we're collectively more dangerous or prone to mental illness than anyone else.

well as a veteran ( I assume veteran means no longer active ?) you are no longer under their control and not following orders? Did our lovely government already declare you guys one of the biggest threats to American safety or some shit.

well as a veteran ( I assume veteran means no longer active ?) you are no longer under their control and not following orders? Did our lovely government already declare you guys one of the biggest threats to American safety or some shit.

No, you can be a veteran and still be active duty, reservist, active Guard, etc.

No, you can be a veteran and still be active duty, reservist, active Guard, etc.

Not according to the Commonwealth of Mass. The RMV wouldn't issue my wife and I our Veteran plates while we were still on Active Duty. Said that you had to present a DD254 to show that you left the Service under Honorable conditions. If you get kicked out ("Less than Honorable", "Dishonorable") then you lose that Veteran Status.

Aloha

Not according to the Commonwealth of Mass. The RMV wouldn't issue my wife and I our Veteran plates while we were still on Active Duty. Said that you had to present a DD254 to show that you left the Service under Honorable conditions. If you get kicked out ("Less than Honorable", "Dishonorable") then you lose that Veteran Status.

Aloha

I know with AD, no break in service, if you don't have a DD214 to present that would be the issue. How else can you show you were in a combat zone? I get that. But that's not Commonwealth of MA law, that's just how the RMV operates. I've had Vet plates since I was 19. And am currently on AD for the Guard.

I just watched the Fox 25 video from last night, they referred to the home made firecrackers as IEDs. They called in the bomb squad, they could have saved some time by just bringing them to the baseball field and and lighting them off.

Oh my god! He had a box! A BOX! Won't someone please think of the children??
Yep, he had a box. [hmmm] Holy cow. [shocked]
This whole thing stinks to high heaven. If those were "bombs" or "IED's" shown on the TV then I am a monkey's uncle. [bs1]

A whole one thousand rounds? [laugh] That's one 2x500 carton of .22's! [thinking] A good daily score but not much else.

I'm not sure which party is behaving more badly here: The Medway Police or the crazed leftist anti-gunowner media? [rolleyes]

Just call in a "guy with a gun" the next time a cop enters a store. See how the media reacts to that one...

Someone called RI staties that he had violated a restraining order, they went there when he wasn't home and found everything.
Now whether he was SWATTED by an ex gf or he is a serious threat remains to be seen.

Someone called RI staties that he had violated a restraining order, they went there when he wasn't home and found everything.
Now whether he was SWATTED by an ex gf or he is a serious threat remains to be seen.
The truth is slowly coming out in the disappointed leftist media. Now they are admitting that the dangerous "bombs" and "IED's" were nothing more than home-made firecrackers and not a terrorist threat to the nearby school. [rolleyes]

It's also now clear that he was supposed to turn in his guns when someone took out a restraining order on him, but he hadn't done that yet. Still not clear if he had a MA license before he was hit with the restraining order. He apparently bought the guns in RI when he lived down there.

As suspected, much ado about nothing.

Back
Top Bottom