Massachusetts Rifle Association - Woburn, MA

Got to meet Jack, ever so briefly. I should have posted I'd be on the Pope range [wink] Next time we'll have to meet up before you're packed so we can trade guns for a few rounds!

Always a pleasure to meet more NESer's though.

Martlet, where were you?

It was a pleasure meeting you Jen. Too bad I had to leave, hope next time we'll shoot together. Just drop a line when you a heading to MRA. On week days I can be there after 5 PM.

SiameseRat said:
Got to meet Jack, ever so briefly. I should have posted I'd be on the Pope range [wink] Next time we'll have to meet up before you're packed so we can trade guns for a few rounds!

Always a pleasure to meet more NESer's though.

Martlet, where were you?

I got tied up at the store, so I got there a little later. I went onto Loeb, shot about 300 rounds, then left. If you posted this right when you got home, we were probably there at the same time.

I can be free just about anytime, if you guys get together again.

Does anyone know if Mass Rifle lets people just practice shooting at clay targets on the shotgun range, if you have someone throwing them by hand? It seemed like you could only shoot during the sporting clays at the designated time on wed. or sunday.

hminsky said:
Could you elaborate on that please ??

Sure -- name something you want to shoot, and they (we) have a range for it.

Indoor range for pistols -- yup.

Walking archery range? Check!

Outdoor seven, fiften, twenty five and fifty yard range for pistol, rifle and shotgun? Yup.

One hundred yard range for pistol, rifle, shotgun and machine gun? Yup.

Dedicated machinegun range? Certainly.

Trap range? Of course.

300 yd. rifle range? You bet.

Cowboy action shooting pits, and lots of 'em? Definitely.

IPSC/Action pistol pits, maybe almost a dozen? All set.

Now do you see what I mean? [wink]

Hey hey, let's not make everybody join there this week. I want to be able to fit in the new member meeting without touching anybody else's elbows.

Oh, and lest anyone think I'm snubbing MRA, I don't think there is anything like the Loeb range (25m indoor 24/7 anything under .50BMG) anywhere else, and definitely not 10 minutes from my house, so I still loves you, MRA.

Last edited:
Cross-X said:
Sure -- name something you want to shoot, and they (we) have a range for it.

Indoor range for pistols -- yup.

Walking archery range? Check!

Outdoor seven, fiften, twenty five and fifty yard range for pistol, rifle and shotgun? Yup.

One hundred yard range for pistol, rifle, shotgun and machine gun? Yup.

Dedicated machinegun range? Certainly.

Trap range? Of course.

300 yd. rifle range? You bet.

Cowboy action shooting pits, and lots of 'em? Definitely.

IPSC/Action pistol pits, maybe almost a dozen? All set.

No range officers to annoy you.

Socializing is encouraged.

Now do you see what I mean? [wink]

Fixed it for ya[smile]

Anyone else go to the fun shoot today? I got to try out air rifle for the first time (didn't really like it, didn't do to great either). Also shot my first shotgun (got 3/5 in trap) and got to go on the 100/200 for the first time (got a 141-3 in fifteen shots, high score of the day was ~145). I loved that, did somewhat well. Also got to shoot plates with a .22 rifle and semi-auto Smith and Wesson (4/5 with both). All in all had a great time and got three books at the auction afterwards.

Last edited:
Kalahari said:
Anyone else go to the fun shoot today? I got to try out air rifle for the first time (didn't really like it, didn't do to great either). Also shot my first shotgun (got 3/5 in trap) and got to go on the 100/200 for the first time (got a 141-3 in fifteen shots, high score of the day was ~145). I loved that, did somewhat well. Also got to shoot plates with a .22 rifle and semi-auto Smith and Wesson (4/5 with both). All in all had a great time and got three books at the action afterwards.

Dammit, I knew there was somewhere I wanted to be today...oh well. Glad you had fun, Kalahari.

Cross-X said:
Harvard SC is the Disneyland of gun clubs, at least in MA, anyway.

Wow. He wasn't kidding. [shocked] I think there's a roller coaster hidden somewhere in that cowboy MOUT site. Going back in the morning for round two.

And when I move to NH eventually this magical place will somehow get closer? I think a life membership may be in order...

Last edited:
Hey, my club!

I usually show up there tuesday or wednesday nights. Or during the day. I have an office within walking distance. I like the MRA for Loeb in the winter, and for the convenience, but my Dad is a member at harvard and it is indeed a more preferable place to shoot.

I live in ME though, so I can just go to the local shootin' pit if I need to. :)

jamz said:
Hey, my club!

I usually show up there tuesday or wednesday nights. Or during the day. I have an office within walking distance. I like the MRA for Loeb in the winter, and for the convenience, but my Dad is a member at harvard and it is indeed a more preferable place to shoot.

I live in ME though, so I can just go to the local shootin' pit if I need to. :)

Where is the Pit you shoot at? I just discovered a nice one in Standish. My Cousin lives there and is becoming quite the Gun nut....I definetly see myself making a LOT more trips up there!

Arrrrr

-Weer'd Beard

**Edit** Jamz, just read your post in the other thread, yep same pit. I got in on a Ranger too. I'll drop you a PM next time I'll be out there!

Last edited:
Weer'd... Yep same place. I love it. I'm from MA so my hackles get up when I shoot there and I keep expecting 4x4 cruisers to come roaring down the road to arrest me. I't gonna take a while to shake all the MA paranoia off. :p

PM me next time yer going up there! I'll bring a lot of toys :D

BTW, I'm going to MRA this evening....anyone else? All I have with me today is a G19 and a Colt defender though. Probably be there around 5ish.

Last edited:
I haven't gone there too often- although I'm a member. I might have to go tonight to try my new AR15. I can use this at the Loeb range right?

Back
Top Bottom