• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Massachusetts Rifle Association - Woburn, MA

SiameseRat said:
Missed Ross and Andy :( phooey

There'll be other times!

Was anybody there today? Lots of People in Loeb, me and my buddy Rob had a BLAST (and Rob bein a newbie got to shoot lots of new guns...me too!)

Boy the Mosin Nagant is as good an attention-getter as a cuite puppy!

Arrrr

-Weer'd Beard

Another Member of MRA...

I've quit 3 clubs in southern Mass., all near to where I stay. I'd rather drive the extra 45 minutes each way and go to a good club.

The MRA, like everywhere, has its problems, but it is a good place to shoot and the people aren't as bad as most. (Much lower --hole factor there)

Mike

I am in the juniors program there (I'm only 15), but my grandfather is a member..He's having some difficulties getting his LTC in Wakefield right now but I'm working hard to convince my dad to try and get into the sport. It'll still be tough though, we live in Newton. And I've heard it's pretty much impossible to get a LTC/A ALP here :x

Don't beleive what you "hear" about newton. I know three people with Class A, ALP from Newton.
None of them are connected.

They just asked for it, filled out everything properly and conducted themselves in a professional manner.

Sweet, all the better...I don't honestly know a whole lot about the City's stance on firearms, but I do know its a completely liberal territory. I can't imagine that the people here are too fond of guns.

Kalahari said:
Sweet, all the better...I don't honestly know a whole lot about the City's stance on firearms, but I do know its a completely liberal territory. I can't imagine that the people here are too fond of guns.

That's the People's Republic of Massachusetts for ya. Best of luck to you and your Dad...Maybe I'll see you at MRA sometime.

Be heading over in the Mornin! I know SR is usally there, maybe I'll see some others!

Check my Picture on Frapper before trying to spot me.....evedently I don't look like my Avitar! [lol]

I'll be shooting my Mosin Nagant M44, and my S&W1911

Arrr

-Weer'd Beard

What is your guys' favorite range there? I've shot the Fazio, Loeb, and Pope (saw a few guys shooting at the Suma, but haven't shot there myself). What do you guys prefer most? We use the Fazio for Juniors, but I find it a bit cramped. Loeb and Pope are quite nice...

Oh yeah, and how is the McLaughlin? I'v never even seen it. Kinda hidden away.

Unless something drastically changed recently, Pope is ok to just go out and shoot on as long as the sun is out and the ground isn't frozen. I called and it was open on Sunday (but I couldn't make it down).

McLaughlin and Suma are the two that need the qualification, which I believe is a 25m "on the paper" kind of test.

crakowski said:
Unless something drastically changed recently, Pope is ok to just go out and shoot on as long as the sun is out and the ground isn't frozen. I called and it was open on Sunday (but I couldn't make it down).

McLaughlin and Suma are the two that need the qualification, which I believe is a 25m "on the paper" kind of test.

Yeah Pope is open to all Members......and of course to be a member you gotta take the test on range rules, and put a bunch of holes in some paper at 25'

-Weer'd Beard

Do the indoor ranges at MRA have electric target carriers? What type of paper targets can you use?

The Loeb (25m, 24/7, <50bmg) range has electric pulleys. The fazio (.22 upstairs) range doesn't have pulleys of any kind. I've seen all kinds of paper targets in there, including the big cardboard IDPAish silhouettes.

Do you just pay your dues and get your key pass or is there a qualificant written/skill test? I've seen both scenarios on differents threads.

You pay your dues, and then go to an orientation meeting with a couple of other new members. At the orientation meeting, you'll get a tour of the ranges and a rules and safety briefing. You'll shoot some club .22 pistols at close range to demonstrate safe handling and answer some questions afterwards about the rules.

That gets you your keycard and access to Loeb, Fazio, and Pope. If you want to use the McLaughlin 50yd or Suma 100/200yd ranges there's a separate safety briefing and qualification (25yds in the loeb "on paper") for those.

Chris

dreppucci007 said:
I'm heading down there now to shoot a bit before the weather hits. I'll be wearing the bright red hoodie if anyone wants to say hi!

Too bad I'm in Maine! We'll have to get together there sometime!

What days do you normaly shoot?

I usally go in the morning, and on any day that I happen to be on land, and have an itch on my trigger finger 8)

Arrrrr

-Weer'd Beard

I'm normally always there on Tuesdays (late morning, early afternoon), because it's usually my only day off from work. I also try to go at night after work if I can. Let me know when you will be around, and I'll see what I can do about making it there. I always have an itchy trigger finger [lol]

Was down there this morning/afternoon. The Loeb vent system heat was being a little tempermental, so I was getting snowed on indoors half the time. [shock]

I'll be down at the MRA tomorrow (Tuesday) at some point around 11.

Haven't made it down in a while and my guns are feeling neglected. If anyone can make it, don't forget to introduce yourself (and let me play with your guns [twisted] )
If you see J. Scott signed in then I'm there.

-Jen

Geez, I'm sorry I missed your post! I had one of those 24 hour bugs all day yesterday and barely got out of bed...If I had noticed it before now, I woulda met you. Oh well...maybe next Tuesday if Tuesday is a good day for you? I'm always up for meeting NESers. [lol]

I go to MRA several times a week. I'd be glad to meet NESers there. Evenings on a week days and mornings on a weekend are fine.

I guess, we just should post the proposed meeting time in a day or two in advance. See you there,

Jack

Back
Top Bottom