• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Massachusetts Rifle Association - Woburn, MA

You still gots Tuesday off?

Weather or not I haven't burnt any ammo in a while....

I'll probably be in Loeb Tommrow around 10am with my S&W 1911...unless somebody posts another time (I have all day off)

Hopefully I'll see somebody there!

Arrrr

-Weer'd Beard

Hmmm...Tempting. I think I may swing by there for a few tomorrow, but I can't stay very long...Final Exam tomorrow night, and I really gotta study. Anything special you want me to bring along? HK SOCOM? HK Tac?

dreppucci007 said:
Hmmm...Tempting. I think I may swing by there for a few tomorrow, but I can't stay very long...Final Exam tomorrow night, and I really gotta study. Anything special you want me to bring along? HK SOCOM? HK Tac?

If it sez H&K on it I love it! I'll be wairing a Grey Sweatshirt!

Arrrr

-Weer'd Beard

Anybody else on here shooting in the pins match? Should've checked before I went. Wish they had more rifle matches than once a month. Maybe I'll try out the pistol stuff.

I shot the pin match on Sunday, my first rifle event with my first rifle. If you saw an asian kid with an ar15 carbine slowly and carefully missing pin after pin, that was me. I went back for the Monday night steel match to redeem myself had shot few sub 4 second runs to reassure myself that I can hit something. I definitely think the pistol matches are worth a try at least once for anyone that's been thinking about it...

ajw45 said:
If you saw an asian kid with an ar15 carbine
Yes, I think I saw you. Your shooting wasn't bad, not as you describe it :)
I'm mostly in handguns, don't own a rifle yet, but I'm working on it :)
I'd really like to try some pistol steel match, maybe the next one at MRA.

Yup, I remember you. I was the big guy in the red plaid shirt with the black AK. By the time they have the next rifle match, I think it'll be outdoors on the 50yd.

dreppucci007 said:
It was great to get down to the range today. Got to meet Weer'd Beard...A PLEASURE!

I finally got to shoot a 1911 for the first time...not too bad [smile]

The pleasure was all mine....my trade for the 1911 for yer SOCOM is still valid whenever you want to take me up on it!

hehhehhe

-Weer'd Beard

Weer'd Beard said:
So I think I'll have to show up on Sunday!

Who else is gonna be there, and when?

Arrrr

-Weer'd Beard

Oops, I just saw your post. Too bad I didn't get to meet you. [sad2] I was at MRA from about 2-4 pm today (girl w/Peterbilt hat on & long hair). There was only a few other people there......we had the left 2 lanes at Loeb. Any other NES'ers there?

K-DUB said:
Oops, I just saw your post. Too bad I didn't get to meet you. [sad2] I was at MRA from about 2-4 pm today (girl w/Peterbilt hat on & long hair). There was only a few other people there......we had the left 2 lanes at Loeb. Any other NES'ers there?

Actully since I didn't hear anything (And Siamese Rat and 007 were on vacay) , instead I spent the morning bummin around with the wife and mounting up my reloading press.

I did bring my first set of handloads into Loeb at about 6pm, and I was the only guy there. But that was OK, I just wanted to see if they all went ka-boom and then I went home, cleaned my gun, and went to bed!

hey if anybody plans on going to the club, drop a line with as much notice, it could turn into a party in no time!

Arrr

-Weer'd Beard

One of these days I'm actually going to head up and enjoy a Saturday or Sunday there. I joined about a year and a half ago but haven't hit the range yet. I take the closest route and go to MVGC instead. I'd love to put some faces to the names and say hello.

Bugie

Bugieman said:
One of these days I'm actually going to head up and enjoy a Saturday or Sunday there. I joined about a year and a half ago but haven't hit the range yet. I take the closest route and go to MVGC instead. I'd love to put some faces to the names and say hello.

Bugie

Haven't hit the range YET??????

Dude, it's such a quick drive from Summerville! Pop by!

Arrr

-Weer'd Beard

Poop, I had a class this afternoon, and We're having a small dinner party tonight, so I was cleaning house....

Oh well, Did ya pick up any new Boomsticks?

Arrr

-Weer'd Beard

Weer'd Beard said:
Poop, I had a class this afternoon, and We're having a small dinner party tonight, so I was cleaning house....

Oh well, Did ya pick up any new Boomsticks?

Arrr

-Weer'd Beard

Naw- they didn't have what I was looking for. Plus I got sad as soon as I walked in the door when Carl and Holly weren't there. So I just picked up some extra ammo and went and shot a couple hundred rounds.

Bugieman said:
Boomsticks!!.. I have never heard that before.. I love it!!

Bugie[banana]

Ya know- I'm not sure where I picked that up from. Whether from a friend, a movie or my own creation. But it sure describes what they are, and it sounds so much more pleasing to the general public when I say "I have a bunch of boomsticks at home" as opposed to, "I keep what the media would consider an arsenal in the same closet as my fancy clothes and my extra sheets" [wink]

that would explain it- I actually have Army of Darkness on vhs and am a huge Bruce Campbell fan (did you know he writes books- he's an amazing author, hysterically witty) but I haven't watched it in probably about 8 years. So it stuck in my head without being specifically related to that.

However I always shop smart... at S-Mart.

Boomsticks....Hand Gonne

handgonn.gif

The earliest 'hand gonne' was developed in the fifteenth century, but was not a great influence in battle. It was a small cannon with a touch-hole for ignition. It was unsteady, required that the user prop it on a stand, brace it with one hand against his chest and use his other hand to touch a lighted match to the touch-hole, and had an effective range of only about thirty to fourty yards. It surely must have taken iron nerves to use one of these against a charging knight, nearly within his lance's reach, when the powder might not even ignite.

JonJ said:
Boomsticks....Hand Gonne

handgonn.gif

The earliest 'hand gonne' was developed in the fifteenth century, but was not a great influence in battle. It was a small cannon with a touch-hole for ignition. It was unsteady, required that the user prop it on a stand, brace it with one hand against his chest and use his other hand to touch a lighted match to the touch-hole, and had an effective range of only about thirty to fourty yards. It surely must have taken iron nerves to use one of these against a charging knight, nearly within his lance's reach, when the powder might not even ignite.
I wonder if I can fire that on Loeb... [laugh2]

Patrick and I will be there around 10 this morning. I'll either have a burgundy MRA cap or a black bandana on. Plus, well, I'll probably be either the only woman, or the only other woman... [wink]

Back
Top Bottom