• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Massachusetts Gun Transaction Portal 1.1 is ONLINE

Reptile

NES Member
You can now access with an iPhone or a Mac with Safari.
All you need to do is click on this link with your iPhone.

https://mircs.chs.state.ma.us/fa10/action/home?app_context=home&app_action=presentTrans

That URL is the same as if you went to MIRCS from your computer.

You can test it out by Generating a Firearms License Validation.

Click “Print”.

The completed form will then appear on your screen.

You can save it or email the completed form.

To do a Personal Sale - eFA10 - click on the Personal Sale link.

Fill it out.

Click Print / or Save(?) and you will have the file to email to yourself and your buyer.

The ladies at the Firearms Record Bureau have been most helpful and kind.

* note that the link as it appears on this post is abbreviated. You can still click on it from this post.

Subject: EFA10 E-FA10 EFA-10 E-FA-10 MIRCS FTF Face to Face Face-to-face

Last edited:
I love how the page still makes suggestions for people to do things NOT REQUIRED BY LAW.... ever. Highlights for emphasis...

Registration

• Use this option if 1) you are a Massachusetts resident and you obtained a firearm, rifle, shotgun or machine gun from out of state 2) you recently moved to Massachusetts and you wish to record ownership of a firearm, rifle, shotgun or machine gun or 3) you possess a firearm, rifle, shotgun or machine gun and there is no record of the weapon on file with the Firearms Records Bureau

Just for future reference when selling firearm can you just do personal sale/transfer? Or do you need to validate a lic first?

Just for future reference when selling firearm can you just do personal sale/transfer? Or do you need to validate a lic first?

It would be smart to validate first so you don't waste your time in case there is a glitch.

What did they do change the Title and add "Version 1.1" to the bottom?

They fixed the iPhone / Mac problem.
Today was the first day that 1.0 was updated to 1.1.

4 in 10 smartphone users have iPhones right now. I bet that in Mass it is closer to 5 in 10 or more.

Apple starts 2015 as the top U.S. smartphone maker, Android as the top smartphone OS

http://www.digitaltrends.com/mobile...phone-maker-android-as-the-top-smartphone-os/

Surrender Weapon to Police
Use this option if you surrendered a firearm, rifle, shotgun or machine gun to a police department because your firearms license has been denied, suspended, revoked or expired.

Hmmm, I wonder when they'll add this one:

Illegal Seizure/Sale
Use this option if you didn't actually commit a crime, but the Police Department seized your firearms and transferred them to a shady bonded warehouse, only to have them sell out from underneath you after 90 days when said warehouse levied insurmountable fees.

Last edited:
I may have missed something but I didn't see a specific link just to check license status, or is it part of one of the options?

I love how the page still makes suggestions for people to do things NOT REQUIRED BY LAW.... ever. Highlights for emphasis...

[/LIST]

[/FONT][/COLOR]

Yes!! WISH is the key word in that statement and NOBODY should be doing this. It is bad enough we have to register the new ones. Also just an FYI we got a letter in the mail stating that the state is no longer accepting any serialized FA10 forms. They will be returned. All registrations have to be done online now.

It's funny how they can do all that technology online, yet if you want to find out what guns they have linked to your license you have to send them a check and a form.

Hmmm...

nazi-jew_1757239c.jpg

Why anyone would be celebrating an "improved" firearms registration system is beyond me.

Posting information does not imply a celebration. Nobody here likes firearms registration.

When I hear folks talking about how much easier it is (here and other threads) and offering suggestions to enhance it, that sounds a lot more like acceptance than opposition. Is it better to make it work or keep it broken and unreliable?

When I hear folks talking about how much easier it is (here and other threads) and offering suggestions to enhance it, that sounds a lot more like acceptance than opposition. Is it better to make it work or keep it broken and unreliable?

Considering the law changed and basically outlawed paper transfers if the thing is broken then we can't transfer anything, at least not legally. Would you rather have a broken system that causes your FTF deals to tank? You might be willing to say "bah screw the law just give me a receipt" but I can guarantee you that the weeble wobble gun owners out there are not going to want any part of that... [laugh]

-Mike

Considering the law changed and basically outlawed paper transfers if the thing is broken then we can't transfer anything, at least not legally. Would you rather have a broken system that causes your FTF deals to tank? You might be willing to say "bah screw the law just give me a receipt" but I can guarantee you that the weeble wobble gun owners out there are not going to want any part of that... [laugh]

-Mike

Absolutely! It's not about acceptance of registration EVER, but if we choose to abide by the law, then having a system that works is an improvement since most people we (as non criminals) will ever deal with will want to do transactions by the book anyway so it's either this way, or pay for transfer at a shop.

Last edited:
If the thing is broken, which it is, groups such as C2A and GOAL should have already had injunctions slapped against its implementation until it worked for the citizen all the time, every time for every person. 24/7/365 without fail. That's what we had with the paper forms. If the ball got dropped on CHSB's end with paper, that's not our fault. We did our job and have the copy to prove it. Now the burden has shifted away from the CHSB and right onto our shoulders. Maybe some of you are cool with that but I am not. If the facade of our messed up "registration" system has to play out, at least maintain it in such an unreliable form so that prosecutions under it would never make it past a motion hearing. Make it difficult for CHSB, make it expensive and make it THEIR headache.

Our docility stays like this and the next Godwin's meme will be labeled "Massachusetts" in the second photo. "Yeah, I know it's bad to line up so we can register all our magazines but..."

Back
Top Bottom