• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Massachusetts Gun Transaction Portal 1.1 is ONLINE

[rofl]

I want unicorns and free ice cream at my birthday party, too!!!!! "Injuction related to gun minutae" in MA... not sure if serious. Either group is smart enough to know that is a complete waste of money/resources in this arena.

This whole thing is much ado about nothing because when's the last time you've seen an S128A/B prosecution? Those are even rarer than the AWB BS. Is the 7 day provision still in the law? If it is, then there's no legal liability for a late filing that doesn't happen in the moment of the transfer. I'm no fan of the law but that's a pretty big out. Hell S128A/B is a pretty big out by itself, considering that anyone that reads it for longer than about 5 minutes runs the risk of getting an aneurysm trying to interpret it properly.

-Mike

The new law requires the transfer to be reported prior to or at the point of sale. The 7 day requirement still applies for guns purchased out of state and subsequently brought in to MA (for existing residents, not required for moving here with guns).

Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you.
May your chains set lightly upon you,
and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you.
May your chains set lightly upon you,
and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

One can state what the law is without endorsing it. People should at least be informed, and then make their own choices about what they will and will not do.

Back
Top Bottom