• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Massachusetts' gun registry

Update to the story. Restraining order was recinded, and the chief told him he could pick up his firearms and license on Monday afternoon.
Sometimes there is a happy ending.
He needs to buy a lottery ticket!!

I was a member of a divorced fathers group and the stories I heard of guys being screwed over by ROs were crazy. Lawyers weaponized them just to screw over the guy.
I know two such man-hating female divorce attorneys, they used everything that they could think of to screw over the guys in every case they handled. They were friends of my Wife's Family and thankfully both are no longer practicing law (the Mother is dead and the Daughter recently retired).

Ok. I'm all Registered at the Massachusetts Gun Registry. It took a while but I entered all the guns I'm interested in.
Thank you for all who participate, and please remember; No two-tone pistols. Thanks!
~Enbloc

1603466647098.png

There needs to be some sort of penalty for false or frivolous claims of RO. This is bullshit
You know what's pathetic? When a situation like this comes up, and there are plenty of them, the person who was falsely accused due to an outright lie is made to feel like an a hole for wanting some type of penalty served against their accuser. They get the "You should be grateful it was found to be a lie" attitude!! No, I'd be grateful if they served a month in the House of Correction. House of Correction is overcrowded you say? Even better!

My experience with this is when I get pulled over for a traffic violation officers sometimes say "wow you own a lot of nice guns." and then we have a nice chat about guns and where we shoot.
Of course if I punch my wife and she calls the cops it will be a different story. So guess what I don't do? If you have a problem with this don't register your firearms.

My experience with this is when I get pulled over for a traffic violation officers sometimes say "wow you own a lot of nice guns." and then we have a nice chat about guns and where we shoot.
Of course if I punch my wife and she calls the cops it will be a different story. So guess what I don't do? If you have a problem with this don't register your firearms.
Doesn't matter. If you have an LTC you will pop hot on the terminal and the police will assume that you have firearms...... I know this because my ex had some guy living with her who had a warrant out for him in the first thing they asked her was if he had access to any of her firearms, well as it turned out she never bought one so they had based that question only off the fact that she had an LTC.... because she has zero guns listed under that ltc.

Looks like this is still true to this day. Bringing an old thread to life again. Son got a restraining order. Listed on it were the three serial numbers of the guns he owns and was told he has half hour to produce them and turn them into the station if not on the premise. Registry is true.

A half of an hour? Well that should be easy if you only own three guns.

I don't think I could even get all the guns out of the safe in half an hour, never mind loaded in the car and down to the station.

1. Don't talk to cops.
2. It doesn't really matter that you don't punch your wife, she can still get mad at you and have you arrested and all your guns taken. Or your neighbors can SWAT you.
3. I hope you're not defending this registration nonsense...

Back
Top Bottom