Massachusetts Bill HD.4420 "An act to modernize gun Laws"

So my sign only lasted a day or so before someone stole it, hadn't driven in that direction for a couple days so not sure exactly when. Put it up at a fork just up the road from my house because it would get much better exposure there than my yard. Trying to decide where to put the replacement, wherever that is it will have a trail camera on it this time. Sort of half expected it so I did at least rub poison ivy all over it, lol...
That's such a good idea!

Channel 22 was doubling down on HD 4420 tonight. They were beating the drums hard on the need for up coming gun legislation so we need to keep those letters and e-mails flowing.

They are blaming the girlfriend for the murder on Berkshire Avenue because of her improper storage.

Girlfriend of Berkshire Ave. deadly shooting suspect arrested for firearms

Sanchez has eight firearms registered to her name, five of which could not be found and never reported stolen to police. The other three firearms were found improperly stored, two located within her residence and another improperly stored in an hidden spot in the basement of the apartment building.

Owners of firearms should take note that the laws that require you to properly store and secure guns at all times will be enforced,” said District Attorney Anthony Gulluni.

The law regarding so-called safe storage was last addressed....if my memory is correct.....in 2014 with the Chapter 284 legislation update which covered safe firearm storage as explained by GOAL:

Chapter 284​

THE ACTS OF 2014 – CHAPTER 284​

On August 13, 2014 Governor Patrick signed H.4376 into law. Now known as Chapter 284, the legislation represents the most sweeping changes to Massachusetts laws related to firearms in over a decade.

1693445485888.png

There is also in the 284 update the following pursuant to lost or stolen firearms:

1693445728821.png

It certainly seems to me that the question of "safe storage" and reporting "lost/stolen firearms" was pretty well documented back in 2014 and in this particular case those are the (2) crimes she is reported as being charged with at the moment. I suspect that if any of the (5) other firearms that were not found at this time end up being recovered as part of future crimes she may then very likely be charged in relation to those crimes.

So.......my question is........ since both the storage and reporting issues were addressed 9 years ago in the legislative update.......... and their existence STILL did not stop this woman from breaking the law......how can any person who is capable of fogging up a mirror placed beneath their nose.........actually believe that MORE laws will make all the citizens in the Republic demonstratively safer......... when the exact same laws they argue as being necessary in any new legislation...........ARE ALREADY ON THE BOOKS AND NOT DOING ANYTHING TO REDUCE THE CRIME RATE AT ALL??

GEE.......DO YOU THINK THAT THE CRIME PROBLEM HAS ALWAYS BEEN THE CRIMINAL IN THE PAST......IN THE PRESENT.......AND WILL BE IN THE FUTURE......

UNTIL THEY ARE THE FOCUS OF THE POLITICIANS THEN NOBODY WILL TRULY BE SAFE IN THE REPUBLIC. PERIOD.
1693446015410.png

Last edited:
got a Response from my rep today only took them a month[rofl]

View attachment 791299

So far.....this is one of the more reasoned responses that I have read coming from a representative. One hopes that maybe......just maybe......other reps will also recognize the necessity for "some significant revisions" to be made to the original 4420 manifesto......... such as starting by engaging in a sincere conversation with the stakeholders that the original proposal would have instantly classified as felons upon enactment of their manifesto.

And "when the new draft comes forward",........ I hope that all the elected individuals will not lose sight of this very important fact:

1693502669893.png

HD.4420 State House and Boston Common Rally

Wednesday, September 27th, 2023
Starting at 11AM at the Parkman Bandstand - eastern side of the Boston Common

At 1PM we'll move into the State House

Map of the Boston Common and location of the Parkman Bandstand

See you there!

This fight is not over!

Instead of etching a serial number of each magazine as is apparently being proposed, how about just etching the rifle itself instead.........just a thought......

View attachment 791525

Not sure I follow the relation to magazine serialization. But if you are talking about the safety selector messages, then glad you have discovered this humorous gun borne meme that has been around for quite some time.

Don't want to derail the thread as people here probably have dozens of variations, like my Spike's Tactical "Calico Jack" lower Parley/Plunder/Arrr...

vXJrMKi.png

🐯

So my sign only lasted a day or so before someone stole it, hadn't driven in that direction for a couple days so not sure exactly when. Put it up at a fork just up the road from my house because it would get much better exposure there than my yard. Trying to decide where to put the replacement, wherever that is it will have a trail camera on it this time. Sort of half expected it so I did at least rub poison ivy all over it, lol...
2 of 3 I put out are still there. the one that went didn't make it 24 hours. different towns likely has something to do with that.

Just turned on to Rt14 East Bridgewater/Hanson line. Bam.
Each week I see more-and-more signs down Rte 105 from Whitman, Bridgewater(s), Halifax, Middleboro and Lakeville. The more south you drive the more you see.

I had a conversation with a recent retired LEO and he had no idea about this bill. Seen all the signs but had no clue.

Each week I see more-and-more signs down Rte 105 from Whitman, Bridgewater(s), Halifax, Middleboro and Lakeville. The more south you drive the more you see.

I had a conversation with a recent retired LEO and he had no idea about this bill. Seen all the signs but had no clue.
should put this line on them signs"if they can pass a law to take my guns then they can pass a law to take your house" that will scare people lol

Spotted a sign in Dudley, just a few houses down from me. Howdy neighbor!
Signs every 4 or 5 houses down my street in North Central and all over Main Street and 68. . I never questioned where I live in MA, as we have gun friendly reps,....... at least until all the installed illegals in the local hotels get free ballots with their free lunches.

Sanchez has eight firearms registered to her name, five of which could not be found and never reported stolen to police. The other three firearms were found improperly stored, two located within her residence and another improperly stored in an hidden spot in the basement of the apartment building.

Owners of firearms should take note that the laws that require you to properly store and secure guns at all times will be enforced,” said District Attorney Anthony Gulluni.

The law regarding so-called safe storage was last addressed....if my memory is correct.....in 2014 with the Chapter 284 legislation update which covered safe firearm storage as explained by GOAL:

Chapter 284​

THE ACTS OF 2014 – CHAPTER 284​

On August 13, 2014 Governor Patrick signed H.4376 into law. Now known as Chapter 284, the legislation represents the most sweeping changes to Massachusetts laws related to firearms in over a decade.

View attachment 791157

There is also in the 284 update the following pursuant to lost or stolen firearms:

View attachment 791165

It certainly seems to me that the question of "safe storage" and reporting "lost/stolen firearms" was pretty well documented back in 2014 and in this particular case those are the (2) crimes she is reported as being charged with at the moment. I suspect that if any of the (5) other firearms that were not found at this time end up being recovered as part of future crimes she may then very likely be charged in relation to those crimes.

So.......my question is........ since both the storage and reporting issues were addressed 9 years ago in the legislative update.......... and their existence STILL did not stop this woman from breaking the law......how can any person who is capable of fogging up a mirror placed beneath their nose.........actually believe that MORE laws will make all the citizens in the Republic demonstratively safer......... when the exact same laws they argue as being necessary in any new legislation...........ARE ALREADY ON THE BOOKS AND NOT DOING ANYTHING TO REDUCE THE CRIME RATE AT ALL??

GEE.......DO YOU THINK THAT THE CRIME PROBLEM HAS ALWAYS BEEN THE CRIMINAL IN THE PAST......IN THE PRESENT.......AND WILL BE IN THE FUTURE......

UNTIL THEY ARE THE FOCUS OF THE POLITICIANS THEN NOBODY WILL TRULY BE SAFE IN THE REPUBLIC. PERIOD.
View attachment 791171

It's such BS in the first place. Again, I think of the 3-10 guns I sold to Costa's in Raynham years ago. Or the ones that 4Seasons took off of me. I ASSUME they sold them to someone else IN the state and they're off my roles. (Rolls?? I forget.) But maybe they aren't. The fact that their system was crap for so long, and is STILL crap.

Watching the Chicago cases with NAGR interestedly. Some of it revolves around registration. Wouldn't that be nice if all of this would just go away here. Instead of law-abiding people just worrying that they're gonna get tripped up because of some dolt in Boston not doing their job.

It's such BS in the first place. Again, I think of the 3-10 guns I sold to Costa's in Raynham years ago. Or the ones that 4Seasons took off of me. I ASSUME they sold them to someone else IN the state and they're off my roles. (Rolls?? I forget.) But maybe they aren't. The fact that their system was crap for so long, and is STILL crap.

The question of guns registered to me and then sold/traded-in literally decades ago is one that I have also wondered about. A member of the extended family who was a retired Chief of Police here in the Republic was asked this same question about the ability of the Boston registration system being able to accurately list what guns you..... PRESENTLY .....own as opposed to what guns you..... HAVE.... owned over your shooting lifetime.

The response was that in their opinion the registration system is such a complete mess that any guns which were registered more than 10 years ago would not necessarily show up in a search of the system today for guns that you currently own.

I guess that the only way to personally verify the past Chief's opinion is if a minion of the Republic bureaucracy shows up at your door with a list of guns supposedly registered in your name and asks where they are today.

I have not.......as of yet....... had the pleasure of trying to defend the past 47 years of my buying and selling firearms to a faceless Republic employee.......but the day is still young.....and the legislature is still in session.......

1693938772687.png

Think I will write my reps tomorrow about this.

I would like to know why would they vote to pass new laws if the charges will ultimately be dropped anyway.

Or is it the charges only get dropped for the beautiful people.
If you are not one of the Certified Beautiful People......... it would probably be wise not to count on similar
charges against you being handled in the same way as this case was handled........just a
random observation......

1693951269068.png 1693951318468.png

Back
Top Bottom