Mass Stabbing at Silver City Galleria

So, another story about a good guy with a gun stopping a crazed killer and saving lives? Surprised THAT angle hasn't been pursued by the MSM [thinking]

"Why do you carry in the mall? What do you think is going to happen there??" I've been asked. [rolleyes]

Seriously. Who needs to CCW at a mall?

As the gun debate flared after mass shootings at the Clackamas Town Center and Sandy Hook Elementary, so did the story of Nick Meli.

Meli, an off-duty security guard, was at the mall Dec. 11 when he heard several shots, then saw the shooter, Jacob Tyler Roberts, running toward him with a semiautomatic rifle. Meli, who holds a concealed handgun license and told police he "always carries," drew his handgun, but didn't fire.

http://www.oregonlive.com/clackamascounty/index.ssf/2013/05/clackamas_town_center_shooting_84.html

http://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2015/10/clackamas__the_oregon_massacre_a_gun_stopped.html

My coworker is a Taunton resident and understandably uneasy about this. Maybe this will finally motivate her to get that LTC she's been talking about for years...

I'm pretty sure is is an unwritten rule that macy's is a car free zone. But this a$$hat decided to try and drive in anyway.

Anyway, to the anti's who think only cops should have guns....if he happened upon a citizen LTC holder and was put down this would have ended with a lot less people being hurt. O f course the citizen would probably be processed.

And if a gun toting drug dealer put him down the anti's would be grateful that at least someone had a gun and was able to stop him....lmao.

So now their theory is to let this nut job continue his rampage until an officer or an off duty leo shoots him down? Idiots.

"Why do you carry in the mall? What do you think is going to happen there??" I've been asked. [rolleyes]

I'm usually asked "Why do you carry at XXXX, do you think something bad is going to happen there?"

To which I reply, "No, if I thought that something bad was going to happen, I'd stay away from there."

Wifey hates that I own a gun and concealed carry it. I was hoping this incident would bring her around to my way of thinking, since the whole reason I have an LTC is because I refuse to be a victim of a mass violence incident. Unfortunately, this ass clown being put down by an off-duty deputy has only made her more hostile to citizen concealed carry...

I am in the same boat with my wife and an element we have an 18 month and carrying both him and the firearm (what, who doesn't carry their son IWB?). Since I usually carry him on my left hip, RH IWB is the way I go (that's enough for a thread drift, back on topic).

I told her the situation and she identified that a firearm carried lawfully regardless by who was the solution to ending this situation.

Anyone know if this mall designates itself "A Gun Free Zone"?

I've seen the "no weapons" signs but I don't think they single out firearms........Like it matters right!

Unrelated but how the hell does that mall even stay open? I would say it's almost half empty, or at least seems that way.

Last edited:
Wifey hates that I own a gun and concealed carry it. I was hoping this incident would bring her around to my way of thinking, since the whole reason I have an LTC is because I refuse to be a victim of a mass violence incident. Unfortunately, this ass clown being put down by an off-duty deputy has only made her more hostile to citizen concealed carry...

Get new wifey problem solved

The anti's are already spouting off, "this is why only police should have guns, they're trained for this"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes, a perfect example of why citizens should not have guns is a scenario in which three unarmed citizens were stabbed to death. Brilliant!!

I'm pretty sure is is an unwritten rule that macy's is a car free zone. But this a$$hat decided to try and drive in anyway.

Anyway, to the anti's who think only cops should have guns....if he happened upon a citizen LTC holder and was put down this would have ended with a lot less people being hurt. O f course the citizen would probably be processed.

And if a gun toting drug dealer put him down the anti's would be grateful that at least someone had a gun and was able to stop him....lmao.

So now their theory is to let this nut job continue his rampage until an officer or an off duty leo shoots him down? Idiots.

"Lots of space in this mall"

blues-brothers1.png

OK, maybe that's in poor taste but I am not always a good person.

Condolences to the families and friends of the victims. This was tragic and it is ridiculous that the antis try to twist this into a reason people should not have guns. Because the looney "only" killed two people, injured many others and destroyed a store by the time an off-duty LEO put him down. If he happed to be somewhere else how much more damage would have been done and lives lost by the time uniformed LEOs showed up? Morons.

Anyone know if this mall designates itself "A Gun Free Zone"?

Their posted rules of conduct say something ambiguous like "No illegal weapons or firearms". It carries no force of law, but if you're caught violating it, you can be told to leave.

Their posted rules of conduct say something ambiguous like "No illegal weapons or firearms". It carries no force of law, but if you're caught violating it, you can be told to leave.

I don't know anyone that carries illegal weapons.

From their website:

CODE OF CONDUCT

Last Updated: May 22, 2014

Thank you for choosing a Simon shopper center as your destination for shopping, great food, and entertainment. It is our desire to provide you with an enjoyable and delightful shopping experience. We ask all of our guests to conduct themselves in a respectful way in accordance with the code of conduct and all laws and local ordinances.

1. Wear appropriate clothing.
2. Disruptive behavior is prohibited.
3. No weapons.
4. Possession of open alcoholic beverages except in designated areas is prohibited.
5. No solicitation.
6. No pets (except service animals).
7. Smoking except in designated areas is prohibited.
8. No loitering.

For our shoppers that are visiting one of our California (CA) locations:
Please note that engaging in non-commercial expressive activity not sponsored by the center is prohibited.

For our shoppers that are visiting one of Premium Outlets® centers:
Pets on leashes are allowed as our outlet centers are all outdoors, so please disregard #6 above.

Overall:
All Simon shopping centers expressly retain the right to revise or modify this code of conduct as necessary. Any exceptions to this code of conduct will be determined by local center management in its sole discretion.

Last edited:
I'm usually asked "Why do you carry at XXXX, do you think something bad is going to happen there?"

To which I reply, "No, if I thought that something bad was going to happen, I'd stay away from there."

I say the same thing. My response is usually something like "This stuff happens when you least expect it. If you expected it then you wouldn't go there".

Um... with all respect to your wife... HUH??... So if there didn't happen to be by pure chance, pure coincidence, sheer kismet-style luck there didn't happen to be an off-duty cop at the mall, this sicko stabs and kills as many people, children also, as he desires.. But your wife thinks that since an off duty cop stopped the attack, that validates more gun control? I'd say I don't understand, but I do, cuz, well, "cuz Massachusetts" and I have relatives who are pure AntiGun so I'm sure it's a dilemma for you.. Me? My wife carries... and if this wingnut took more than two or three angry three steps toward my youngest daughter, I'm 99% certain my wife would've (hopefully) done exactly what we've discussed and trained/practiced for many times. She'd have calmly drawn her Ruger LC9s and pointed it and screamed "STOP!!.. I don't want to shoot you...." (setting up her defense in court or grand jury for when the DA considers the charges to file against her for saving innocent lives)...

ETA: further details now say after killing an elderly mom in a home at random, in front of her daughter whom he also stabbed, he drove and attacked the Macy's first, stabbing several innocent law abiding citizens, then walked to Bertucci's and stabbed two more innocents, killing one.

Emphasis "random" (Amy Lord in Southie)... But remember, it'll "never happen to me".. and, if it does, "just call 911".

That'll help.

Last edited:

From their website:

CODE OF CONDUCT

Thank you for choosing a Simon shopper center as your destination for shopping, great food, and entertainment. It is our desire to provide you with an enjoyable and delightful shopping experience. We ask all of our guests to conduct themselves in a respectful way in accordance with the code of conduct and all laws and local ordinances.

3. No weapons.
4. Possession of open alcoholic beverages except in designated areas is prohibited.
5. No solicitation.
8. No loitering.

Please note that engaging in non-commercial expressive activity not sponsored by the center is prohibited.

Pets on leashes are allowed as our outlet centers are all outdoors, so please disregard #6 above.

Overall:
All Simon shopping centers expressly retain the right to revise or modify this code of conduct as necessary. Any exceptions to this code of conduct will be determined by local center management in its sole discretion.
My local Stop & Shop put up a No Guns sign 1-2 years ago. I sent a couple of emails to their corporate office and I also talked to the store manager about it. I said I was a law abiding citizen who had a permit to carry and that I felt unwelcome by their store police. She first said I was welcome to shop as long as left my firearm at home. I said I would not leave my firearm at home since I wanted to by able to protect myself and my family while shopping at S&S and I would rather take my business somewhere else (we shop there 2-3 times a week) if they didn't change their policy (not enforced by law anyway). I said that the sign would clearly not stop a deranged person from entering anyway.
About a week later the sign was gone. I don't know if it was due to my emails to Corporate, or my conversation with the Manager, or some other reason, but it doesn't hurt to talk to management about policies you don't agree with, especially if it makes you LESS safe.

From their website:

CODE OF CONDUCT

3. No weapons.
5. No solicitation.
8. No loitering.

Overall:

Yet another reason to shop online. (Aside from lower prices and better selection)

If the management cannot ensure their customer's safety, and discourages them from taking whatever measures they believe to be prudent to do so, they should not be surprised if the customers choose to take their business somewhere else.

Taunton, like the rest of the state, seems to be on a downward spiral. More and more there seem to be stories of random or not-so-random acts of violence. The kid being chased down and killed near the Grampy's service station some years back. The woman in Dighton that was found burned in her car.

Last edited:
My local Stop & Shop put up a No Guns sign 1-2 years ago. I sent a couple of emails to their corporate office and I also talked to the store manager about it. I said I was a law abiding citizen who had a permit to carry and that I felt unwelcome by their store police. She first said I was welcome to shop as long as left my firearm at home. I said I would not leave my firearm at home since I wanted to by able to protect myself and my family while shopping at S&S and I would rather take my business somewhere else (we shop there 2-3 times a week) if they didn't change their policy (not enforced by law anyway). I said that the sign would clearly not stop a deranged person from entering anyway.
About a week later the sign was gone. I don't know if it was due to my emails to Corporate, or my conversation with the Manager, or some other reason, but it doesn't hurt to talk to management about policies you don't agree with, especially if it makes you LESS safe.

Mine never had that sign I carried every time I shopped there.

From their website:

CODE OF CONDUCT

3. No weapons.
5. No solicitation.
8. No loitering.

Overall:

Is a .45 considered a weapon? [smile]

Mine never had that sign I carried every time I shopped there.
This, but... F*ck the "No guns" signs.. Carry literally everywhere that doesn't have metal detectors.....literally everywhere...Or simply choose to be a POTENTIAL victim at RANDOM. It's everyone's choice.

F*ck the signs. (which are non-binding, at least in MA anyways).

+1

Last edited:
the first reports all talked about mass shooting.. ****ing media...
dude walks in with a knife, trained guy who carries takes him out and saves several lives and they still talking shit..

the first reports all talked about mass shooting.. ****ing media...
dude walks in with a knife, trained guy who carries takes him out and saves several lives and they still talking shit..
As more and more of this stuff happens, especially with more closings of health facilities that provide mental health/psych services (example Union Hospital Lynn, later this year), and more random attacks happen, maybe, just maybe, the Anti tide will turn and they'll wake up. I've said many times I almost wish (not really, but, follow along: ) that this stuff happened daily, especially in heavily Anti areas (Copley Mall, Downtown Boston, a Mall in Newton, etc )..... Cuz maybe then they'd "get it"?? I wonder if this happened at the Bertucci's near Copley instead, as Rosenthal was at the counter ordering his large anchovy, if he turned and saw the knife approaching his throat would he still think "Guns are BAD" or would he or the Mom's Against maybe have a change of thinking??

Yeah, right......Maybe. (doesn't hurt to dream).

Back
Top Bottom