• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Mass. Gov. Patrick outlines new gun control bill

Ammo sales will be restricted to purchasing at the police station, no retail outlets will be allowed to sell ammo. You will have to bring one of your children there to be left as collateral.

Ammo sales will be restricted to purchasing at the police station, no retail outlets will be allowed to sell ammo. You will have to bring one of your children there to be left as collateral.

Finally something I can get behind. "You will have to bring one of your children there to be left as collateral."

I don't think MA will ever go that full retard. I really just don't see that happening.

- - - Updated - - -

Do we even really know what he is going to announce? We already have a 10 round limit. We already have an AWB. We already have stupid laws as it is. What more can they do?

Heh.. I had a friend of mine in NY say all the same shit a few days ago...

I hope its as crazy as it gets. the more retarded shit they pass the faster we can get it settled for good in court.

It is funny as well Dench. Funny in that TPTB can pass sweeping Gun Laws in a month or weeks time, and Welfare reform, EBT Theft, SNAP card theft, goes unpunished and unabated for decades. And when the call to FIX said problem it takes years to remedy a cure and then what ever small cure is found it fades like it never happened and the THIEVERY continues. But we must save the children from the Evil Gun owners.

Last edited:
one gun a month[rofl] Yeah u dumbass how much tax $$ are you trying to loose in this state?

Look at it this way, 1 gun a month would mean less revenue for gun shops. And that means either hiking the prices on guns and ammo or go out of business. The latter is what devolve is hoping for. No gun shops, guns become harder to get and will progressively become fazed out.
And I agree, he will get the revenue from us in another way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a wild idea - have a law that requires a mandatory one year jail sentence for anyone caught with an illegal firearm.

Oh, wait....

I have a wild idea - have a law that requires a mandatory one year jail sentence for anyone caught with an illegal firearm.

Oh, wait....

...ugh, yeah ... what are you saying again? .... ugh ha ....

You already need to do private sales via FA-10 here. Would this now mean we have to do a double FA-10? FA-10 the FA-10 form? Double secret probation?

Asshat.

I'm thinking it's about gun sales at gun shows. Some of the things he proposes I actually agree with and I can't stand him as a politician.

MA residents are allowed to buy long arms and shotguns in NH correct? How well would the background check for private sales work there...

I'm not sure which question you're asking, so I'll answer both:

You can't buy any gun from another state from a private party. You can only buy long guns from FFLs, who will do background checks. in the normal way.

Or, they'll just refuse to sell to MA residents for fear of the AG.

I'm thinking it's about gun sales at gun shows. Some of the things he proposes I actually agree with and I can't stand him as a politician.

Since it's already illegal to sell to someone who you have reason to believe is a PP, and it's already illegal to be "in the business of" selling guns without an FFL01 (not just an 03), it's appalling that the ATF isn't already enforcing those aspects.

Providing a mechanism for us to be able to verify that a buyer isn't a PP would be kind of nice.

What I'd like to see is a way that any of us could, but would not be required to, perform a NICS check on someone before selling a gun to him.

e.g. If the buyer is known to me, I don't need to do a NICS check, but if it's a want-ad type sale, the buyer could be anyone, so as a law abiding gun owner, I can verify that the buyer isn't a criminal before selling to him. Obviously the check should only involve the person, and not specifics about the gun.

It's critical that it be *available*, but not *mandatory*, simply because the NICS system gets overloaded sometimes, or maybe it's 2AM on Christmas and that's a convenient time for both parties.

Back
Top Bottom