• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Martin burns public range

Don't go with out one lol .... Man there nazis about that . We where leaving and the guy rolled up and started telling us how we could be arrested etc. then he gave my friend shit cause his tail gate was down covering his plate.
"We realized we forgot the bag with the permits and started packing up" . I" don't care I'm weighting your plate down ". Dude was a ******* we had cases on the tail gate and he would wait for us to shove them in the bed . But he could of walked to the front to get the number .

I'd rather drive 2 hours to my land in western mass and shoot wtf I want then go back there .

He probably doesn't think the public range should exist.

Pretty decent place for being free. Targets always beat.

Change up the scene from my normal club.

Pretty decent place for being free. Targets always beat.

Change up the scene from my normal club.
Yeah. We left a bunch of home made stands there last season. They took a beating by the next time we showed up. My club is over an hour away, so this is a good spot if I just want to make a quick trip.

I'd love to invest in some steel plates, but they have a paper target only rule. [sad]
Not sure what the penalty may be if I'm not shooting paper

Yeah. We left a bunch of home made stands there last season. They took a beating by the next time we showed up. My club is over an hour away, so this is a good spot if I just want to make a quick trip.

Any chance you were part of the group of three i ran into, using a level as a rear window prop on a rover?

Is this still the address?

Division of Fisheries & Wildlife
85 Fitchburg Rd
Ayer, MA 01432

I think I might give it a try this year.

Last edited:
Ive heard of guests being hassled for not having the Martin Burns range permit nevermind an LTC.
Yes, they're strict - and every shooter needs a permit.
i can confirm this. I was with two permitted guys, who didn't bring their permits. They were asked to leave, and then guy re canted and said we could stay, but to bring them next time.

If they have LTCs, plan ahead by two days and mail a request for a permit. That is how fast they arrive!

If you happen to be in Ayer, just walk right into the office, hand Ms. Ostertag your LTC and she will print out the permit for you in a jiffy.

i can confirm this. I was with two permitted guys, who didn't bring their permits. They were asked to leave, and then guy re canted and said we could stay, but to bring them next time.

If they have LTCs, plan ahead by two days and mail a request for a permit. That is how fast they arrive!

Me my gf and colddayinhell where threatened with being arrested and having his truck towed for not having our papers . The ******* took our plate number down .
Was a ******* about it .
He started yelling at us to pack up . Then yelled at us to stop so he could shut the tailgate to copy the plate number down .

I'm going to contact the F/G to let them know that I'm going to go tidy it up before the season starts. I will admit that I accidentally blew up one of the target stands last year. I built another and left it there, but they don't last long!
I think picking up the place is a good idea. Contacting F&G to tell them isn't necessary. I feel like it can only hurt by drawing attention to the fact that it's a sh1t hole. I'd be willing to participate in a NES MB range cleanup. But I don't think we need to involve "the man."

Till the nazi officer shows up .
I mean, there really isn't much he can say about it. But I would prefer not to deal with any of the authorities there again.

Have any non-residents gotten their MB Permit? :D
Don't know of any specifically, but really shouldn't be a problem. I'd send in your non res LTC # to F&W and see what happens. Most it costs you is two postage stamps.

Back
Top Bottom