• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Martin burns public range

Sorry if this has already been covered..... can you shoot any caliber there? I'm a little confused because of the hunting connection. I only shoot .38spl,9mm and 20ga. Thanks!

Have any non-residents gotten their MB Permit? :D

Just got my permit in the mail today and I was wondering about this. My brother and father live in NJ. They don't have and are not getting a MA non-resident LTC but are both licensed in NJ.

The way it's worded, I can't bring my brother as a guest to shoot if they happen to visit me? There's no provision for that, correct?

Just got my permit in the mail today and I was wondering about this. My brother and father live in NJ. They don't have and are not getting a MA non-resident LTC but are both licensed in NJ.

The way it's worded, I can't bring my brother as a guest to shoot if they happen to visit me? There's no provision for that, correct?

The guy who monitors the place doesn't seem to accept the idea of guests

Just got my permit in the mail today and I was wondering about this. My brother and father live in NJ. They don't have and are not getting a MA non-resident LTC but are both licensed in NJ. The way it's worded, I can't bring my brother as a guest to shoot if they happen to visit me? There's no provision for that, correct?
Legally, not unless they get non res permit AND DFW target permit.
I just got my permit. First time getting one, can you bring your kids or is that a no-no too?
Legally, not unless they have FID and DFW permit.

Every time I hear about this place the first thing that comes to mind is "110% Sketchmo" between the sketchy users of the place and and the range nazi guy that shows up at random odd intervals. Not sure why anyone would subject themselves to that crap.

-Mike

Every time I hear about this place the first thing that comes to mind is "110% Sketchmo" between the sketchy users of the place and and the range nazi guy that shows up at random odd intervals. Not sure why anyone would subject themselves to that crap. -Mike
When it's quiet, it's a nice free place close to home. But it's a gamble.

Every time I hear about this place the first thing that comes to mind is "110% Sketchmo" between the sketchy users of the place and and the range nazi guy that shows up at random odd intervals. Not sure why anyone would subject themselves to that crap.

-Mike

Those of us up on the North Shore are stuck with a lot of crap that the blessed of "Elsewhere" aren't subject to. Not all of us are able to afford the exorbitant fees of initiation and membership that most clubs up here have decided are needed to keep the status quo membership.

As one of the very few ranges open to the general public, we are subjected to the arbitrary rules by those wearing a shield, etc. in order to enjoy the so called "right" listed in 2A. No RSO, etc., no other requirements other than a permit issued by the State. It's s a free range - mostly.

For a lot of us, it's all we got.

So really - get off it - There's a lot of us shooters trying to shoot where we can - stop slamming the shit out of anything that does not fit your preferred shooting range "scenario" and mentality - you're becoming really close to "that guy" whose opinion I value less and less with every word.

Your incessant negative input is really tiring. Maybe try a new tact or something. If you don't like it go back to Curmudgeon and live happily ever after.

Either way, I will try to use the MB ranges this year and really care about the facility overall. It's one of the few we have to use.

I swung by recently. The range is a bit of a mess right now. I'm going to contact the F/G to let them know that I'm going to go tidy it up before the season starts. I will admit that I accidentally blew up one of the target stands last year. I built another and left it there, but they don't last long!

What kind of mess? Trash or brush/leaves? I might be able to help clean it up in the next week or so.

-Mike

yea I wouldnt go either, place is super unsafe, the last time I went someone was shooting watermelons and coke cans [shocked]

I have never once met the "range nazi". The 8 or so times I went last summer (didn't have the permit until the end of july) I was the only one there 4 times, saw other people (a few of them twice) 4 times. Met a Mass Enviromental Police officer checking permits twice. Apparently Fish and Wildlife itself doesn't do much actual monitoring of the range, leaves it to MEP (which he was none to happy about XD)

Damn, mailed seperate permit requests for myself, wife and 2 coworkers over a week ago and haven't gotten anything back. Martin Burns area actually extends to my back yard on Scotland rd, always hearing the gunfire during the summer, never knew there was a range there, just figured there was some rednecks out in the woods drunk and blasting away ha.

Damn, mailed seperate permit requests for myself, wife and 2 coworkers over a week ago and haven't gotten anything back. Martin Burns area actually extends to my back yard on Scotland rd, always hearing the gunfire during the summer, never knew there was a range there, just figured there was some rednecks out in the woods drunk and blasting away ha.
Usually they return the permits within a day. I sent my renewal Monday thinking it would be the same deal. Not the case, still waiting. However, the mail has yet to arrive today.

Back
Top Bottom