• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Marlboro Jan 2018

There’s “pre ban” and “pre Healey”
Yes. There was a sign at the door basically saying that no transfers of anything post-'94 were allowed in the building or something of the like. So, pre-Healy doesn't mean anything.

Saw quite a few pre ban ARs that were priced slightly more than what they used to go for. Saw a really nice Enfield sniper with original crate and goodies, but didn't bother asking how much because I wouldn't have been able to afford it anyway. Also spotted an original HK 91 for $3000 and a Chinese M14 clone for a fair price.
Best deal I saw was a Mini 14 stainless ranch rifle for $600.

Saw that sniper also with my buddy who lives for Enfields. His thoughts were it wasn't an original due to different discrepancies in parts and not worth anywhere near the $4000 asking price

I got there about 10 on Sunday and walked right in. As I walked in I was amazed at the lack of people there and the empty tables. By the time I was halfway thru the show I wanted to go and ask for a refund. Thank god for jerky. This will be my last Mass show for a long time, Will take the drive to NH and Maine. At least there are cheep smokes in NH to make the ride worth it

I got there about 10 on Sunday and walked right in. As I walked in I was amazed at the lack of people there and the empty tables. By the time I was halfway thru the show I wanted to go and ask for a refund. Thank god for jerky. This will be my last Mass show for a long time, Will take the drive to NH and Maine. At least there are cheep smokes in NH to make the ride worth it

Wow, sounds like a completely different show on Sunday. Saturday was packed and there were virtually no open tables anywhere. Though the left side had more room then the right side. Foxboro's show is this weekend and that is usually a pretty decent show. Though I bet a lot of folks will be packing up early to get ready for the SB.

Yes. There was a sign at the door basically saying that no transfers of anything post-'94 were allowed in the building or something of the like. So, pre-Healy doesn't mean anything.
A declaration from a gun show promoter walking the most extremely cautious line is not an adjudication of law.

Wow, sounds like a completely different show on Sunday. Saturday was packed and there were virtually no open tables anywhere. Though the left side had more room then the right side. Foxboro's show is this weekend and that is usually a pretty decent show. Though I bet a lot of folks will be packing up early to get ready for the SB.

You think???

I find Foxboro to be an annoying show. Well, the two times I went. It'll be all the same players as a week or two earlier in Marlboro, so it's somewhat of a waste. I've been 2x and shot through it in less than an hour both times.

I recall the olden-days (not golden. Olden) when there WAS no Marlboro show and the old Foxboro Show was THE place. Back when Richard Feinberg would set up a table for the weekend. Held my first Glock there.

A declaration from a gun show promoter walking the most extremely cautious line is not an adjudication of law.

I would bet this is more about "gun show protectionism" than it is any fear of legal repercussions
from the AG. Some uptight dealers probably went "but bweah so and so dealer at your show here is selling post 7/20 AR I don't want to be made sport of in public for being afraid of the AG".

IIRC, but wasn't there a fiasco like this last year where some dealer got pissy with another one because of glocks or some BS like that, and the kopsch came and it didn't end well... ?

-Mike

Back
Top Bottom