• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Marlboro Jan 2018

haven't been to that show in a few years. Will go this weekend just to see what is legal to be sold in MA. Looking for a M1A SOCOM 16 CQB.

I haven't been to a show in a while... maybe I'll stop in. For some reason, I was looking for my old butterfly knife, but can't find it.
Maybe I can get a replacement.

I'll be there all day tomorrow manning the booth for Hopkinton and our yearly Into to USPSA class to be held 4/21-22.

If you are curious about action pistol shooting but thought "I could never do that" then come talk with us. We will coach you on everything you need to know to safely and comfortably participate.

Seen Port surplus 308 for $1.00 a round..5.56 was over $300 a k,I think the N.Y. guys were $330.Nobody gave these guys the memo that ammo is relatively cheap these days.

Can't comment on gun prices because I am not in the market for any,I just go to shows for ammo and knives nowadays.

Normal guys with overpriced mags...

I got bored and left.

Very crowded. Tough to get down the aisles. A few with BO but not as bad as other shows. Usual vendors. I picked up a few odds and ends as did my buddy. Notables (for me, anyways): 1911 Colt Gold Cup for $1175, Colt Trooper 6" in box for $1239, S&W flat latch j-frame snubby nickel finish for $450. YMMV

I got there about 10:00 AM and waited in line about 10 minutes to get in. It wasn't that crowded then, but was by the time I left a 12:30 or so.
Gun prices were typically high for gun shows. I didn't pay that much attention to ammo prices, but what I did look at was high I thought. The New York guys were there, but so were some others.

I bought some raffle tickets from Friends of the NRA Central Mass, and a few S&W 3rd Gen magazines. Prices for 3rd Gen magazines varied a lot by vendor. I bought a new in package 4513 magazine for below market, and saw the same magazines at another table for $50.00 each.

There were some nice 3rd Gen Smiths there, but all were over priced. A 457 is not worth $550.00, I don't care if it is a Zander special. Nor is a 410s worth that much.

One guy was arguing with a guy selling Glock magazines about pre versus post ban magazines. It was amusing (to me).

The jerky guy was there, for those interested.

More guns that the last show and less memorabilia.

I had a good time just wandering and looking at "stuff". I also do a bit of eaves dropping on other peoples' conversations, just for the entertainment value.

I saw a Hand Ejector of 1905 Fourth Change for a decent price. I'm not a collector, so I wasn't buying, but I wouldn't be surprised if it sold. I think it was about $450.00 or so. There was a Python in box for about $2,800.00.

Very crowded. Tough to get down the aisles. A few with BO but not as bad as other shows. Usual vendors. I picked up a few odds and ends as did my buddy. Notables (for me, anyways): 1911 Colt Gold Cup for $1175, Colt Trooper 6" in box for $1239, S&W flat latch j-frame snubby nickel finish for $450. YMMV

I will probably be there tomorrow am. Just to browse around.

I have found decent deals there in the past, but, yes, most stuff is way overpriced.

Yup, good summary. I did buy a new holster for my G26 from Nova Concealment. Very nice people and super comfortable kydex IWB.

Ammo prices were ridiculous.... some people just don’t get it.

This was my first show, went with a good friend who is also a NES member...I don’t have anything to compare it to, but Garys review summed it up well...mobbed at the start and new items seemed overpriced. Still cool to see some of the goodies that are still out there....

Saw quite a few pre ban ARs that were priced slightly more than what they used to go for. Saw a really nice Enfield sniper with original crate and goodies, but didn't bother asking how much because I wouldn't have been able to afford it anyway. Also spotted an original HK 91 for $3000 and a Chinese M14 clone for a fair price.
Best deal I saw was a Mini 14 stainless ranch rifle for $600.

Saw quite a few pre ban ARs that were priced slightly more than what they used to go for. Saw a really nice Enfield sniper with original crate and goodies, but didn't bother asking how much because I wouldn't have been able to afford it anyway. Also spotted an original HK 91 for $3000 and a Chinese M14 clone for a fair price.
Best deal I saw was a Mini 14 stainless ranch rifle for $600.

how much for the norinco out of curiosity?

I think the M14 was $1200. I saw that immediately. Heck, I was surprised it was still there at 11. And it was a Polytech.

Picked up some pigeon hole targets and a 1918 au lion at a decent price. I asked the price on a good and it was good. Seen utter crap selling at 2x the price.

Best part was futzing with a few Shields and P320s at Pete’s to decide if I wanted either. After feeling the Sig trigger, I can’t wait for the P365.

Packed! I was in line early. Out at 11:20 and there was still a line to get in. By then it was crowded. Seemed like people got up late today. You could actually move around Tombstone at 10:30.

Spent more at a show than I have in a long time.

Forgot not to wipe this am. Sorry.

It was a better show then most of the ones so far this season. Lot of things to look at and a crowd I hadn't seen in a while. Sold my Ruger Vaquero in 45 colt and haggled for something I had been on the hunt for.

Saw a M&P 2.0 9mm for $465. Not too horrible.

The pre ban ARs I saw were ~ $2200. Some more one as cheap as $1895

Last edited:

Was that the series 80 gold cup one that was pretty mint on the tiered like table?

When the guards at the door asked me if I was carrying and firearms I said, not yet....maybe on my way out. They chuckled and one said, you're in the right place.

Back
Top Bottom