Markey proposes (DOA) bill to prohibit minors from firing machineguns and SA rifles

You mean besides the 8 year old that they mention in the article that negligently shot himself? I'm not on board with the proposed law but full auto and children is a bad idea.
Depends on the quality of training. No one, child or adult can solo well on a MG with 30 seconds of training. Little jack, now 11, is pretty good with my subguns but it took over three years to get there. Jack.

It was more a case of negligent supervision.

You mean besides the 8 year old that they mention in the article that negligently shot himself? I'm not on board with the proposed law but full auto and children is a bad idea.

Just because something is or isnt a good idea, doesnt mean there should be a law against it.
By your thinking, it should be illegal for 8yr olds to play football, ride bikes, swim, ect.
If it saves one life right?
And this law is up to the age of 16. Not 12,10 or 8..
Its called parenting, its not the .gov job. And even without this law a DA could pursue child endangerment.

You must not have gotten to the second of the two sentence I posted. Let me remind you what I said: "I'm not on board with the proposed law..."

‘‘(v) A semiautomatic version of an auto- matic firearm."

Does this mean a Glock 19 would become an "assault weapon?"

https://www.boston.com/news/local-news/2016/07/13/markey-bill-ban-kids-16-firing-machine-guns

Text of the bill:
http://www.markey.senate.gov/imo/media/doc/2016-07-12-HEART-Act-Bill-Text.pdf

This will go nowhere, I think most dems wouldn't even vote for it, but don't miss the end game. This has NOTHING to do with safety, and everything to do with making the next generation not like certain types of firearms.

Also, just a nice reminder that Ed Markey is a piece of shit.

Mike

What part of SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED does this dickweed not undestand?

Neat, the moron seems to have made 10/22s assault weapons.

Yup. All semi-autos are now A-Salt weapons. Next will be revolvers and any shotgun or rifle that holds more than one round at a time and then ALL firearms will be classified as A-Salt weapons and banned. THIS IS THE PLAN>

- - - Updated - - -

What part of SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED does this dickweed not undestand?

You think that the fu(kin ice cream man ever bothered to read the Constitution?

You must not have gotten to the second of the two sentence I posted. Let me remind you what I said: "I'm not on board with the proposed law..."
Ohh apologies.. i did read it but ive been very tired lately.. i missed the "not" i did indeed thought you where on board with it.
Not all MGs are a good idea for children, but some, properly mounted, with proper supervision and common sense can be ok..
Micro uzis are definitely a poor choice

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom