• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Markey proposes (DOA) bill to prohibit minors from firing machineguns and SA rifles

Below is Markey's response to me when I contacted him about his stance on gun control:
(Bold emphasis is mine)

EDWARD J. MARKEY
MASSACHUSETTS
218 RUSSELL SENATE OFFICE BUILDING
WASHINGTON, DC 20510
(202) 224-2742
[FONT=&amp]United States Senate

[FONT=&amp]June 30, 2016
[/FONT]
Dear xxxxxxx:
Thank you for contacting me about gun violence and firearm safety. It was good to hear from you.
Every American has a Second Amendment right to bear arms for the purposes of recreation and self-defense. However, I believe we must enact the proper protections to prevent assault weapons from hitting our streets and to keep firearms out of the wrong hands. The safety and security of Massachusetts' schools, neighborhoods and communities is of the utmost importance to me. Washington is lagging behind the rest of the country on gun control reforms. As a Senator, I will continue to fight for universal background checks, a strong assault weapons ban and a prohibition against high capacity ammunition magazines. It's time to get these military-style weapons off of our streets so that these deadly weapons don't fall into the wrong hands.
This June, I joined my colleagues, in a filibuster on the Senate floor calling for action on gun safety legislation. I specifically requested amendments to prevent individuals and suspected terrorists from purchasing guns and explosives and to expand background checks for gun sales be included in the Departments of Commerce and Justice, Science Appropriations bill that was being debated on the Senate floor.
In 2015, I reintroduced "The Handgun Trigger Safety Act" to ensure that only authorized users can operate handguns. In the 21[SUP]st[/SUP] century, we should use advances in technology to our own advantage and save lives. This is the type of gun safety legislation that everyone - regardless of political party or affiliation - should be able to support.
Senseless gun violence kills or injures more than 10,000 children a year and guns kill 30,000 Americans every year. We need to study gun violence like the public health crisis it is. That's why, this year, I reintroduced legislation, with my colleague Rep. Carolyn Maloney of New York committing to federal gun violence research. Gun violence research should be a permanent priority so that we no longer look back and say that we didn't commit any resources to a cause of death that took more people last year than leukemia. This year, my Senate colleagues and I called for a Senate hearing on funding gun violence research at the Center for Disease Control and Prevention to help prevent senseless gun deaths.
During the last Congress, I was a co-sponsor of S. 1149, the "Undetectable Firearms Modernization Act," which bans plastic guns fabricated via 3D printers. That ban was reauthorized by Congress and signed in to law by President Obama on December 9, 2013.
I also cosponsored a number of bills during the last Congress that I believe represent common-sense solutions that will make our country safer, including S.150, the "Assault Weapons Ban of 2013," S. 22, the "Gun Show Background Check Act of 2013", and S. 54, the "Stop Illegal Trafficking in Firearms Act of 2013." Unfortunately, Congress failed to act on this important legislation.
Last October, my colleagues and I proposed new legislation to address the plague of gun violence by fixing background checks, and keeping guns out of the hands of criminals, domestic abusers, and dangerous people.
I am a longstanding leader in efforts to reduce gun violence and I successfully fought for closure of a loophole that was enabling the importation into the United States of large quantities of Chinese assault weapons in the 1990s. As long as I am in the Senate, I will continue to fight for common-sense gun control reforms.
Now is the time to recommit ourselves to ending the plague of gun violence in America. Now is the time to continue growing a movement of activists to finally loosen the stranglehold the NRA and gun lobby extremists have on our country. Together, we can save lives and stop any more of these tragedies before they happen
Thank you again for contacting me about this issue. If I can be of further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me. To sign up for my newsletter, visit http://www.markey.senate.gov/newsletter. You can also follow me on Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube.

[/FONT]

Sincerely,

Edward J. Markey

United States Senator

"Any bill limiting gun rights likely faces daunting odds in the Republican-controlled Congress this year."

Gee, anything Obama wants seems to have no trouble getting through the "Republican-controlled Congress"...

emailed him. Suggested he tone down the rhetoric. We have lots of issues, but guns isn't one of them.

I followed up with a suggestion that if he *is* going to continue down this anti-gun (anti civil rights) path, that he at the least take a firearms safety class so he comes from a position of understanding.

emailed him. Suggested he tone down the rhetoric. We have lots of issues, but guns isn't one of them.

I followed up with a suggestion that if he *is* going to continue down this anti-gun (anti civil rights) path, that he at the least take a firearms safety class so he comes from a position of understanding.

Remember the democrats motto "Ignorance is bliss" and he seems quite happy.

Still amazed he got a seat.

I'm not, the fed. congressional districts in MA are basically wired for sound to suit the dems via gerrymandering. This makes it virtually impossible for non moonbats to win a national seat, because every district has some big moonbat towns in it.

-Mike

LMAO, you wasted time doing this? These people are bought and paid for by Bloomberg + co.

This type of communication sometimes works on the next tier down (state legislators) because there are often some wobbly dems that you can have dialogue with... but these anointed high level hacks like malarkey, warren, etc, have all been bought and paid for a long time ago. Their life could be saved by some citizen with a gun and the next day they would go back to shitting on gun rights, because they're pretty much paid to do so and put up to it by the machine.

-Mike

This Act may be cited as the ‘‘Help End Assault Rifle Tragedies Act of 2016’’ or the ‘‘HEART Act’’.

[puke] You can just see these mincing sissy-marys slapping each other on the back for coming up with that acronym.

Makes me kind of wish i had a newborn baby to shoot my MG...
Im MA the law is redundant, since they are trying to enturpert touching a MG as possesion and noone under 18? Possible 21 can get a machine gun license in MA ontop of most likely needing C&R.

Its truely a law that wont save one life.

Anyone of you that knows me knows i get real worked up over this kids/machine gun business.
It also pisses me off that the family of the instructer killed by the 9yr girl in AZ are advacating for such a law.
I wish they'd just crawl under a rock and dissapear...

So when a 17yr old kills someone with MG we'll make it 18, then 21... then we can all just wear diapers and have training wheels on our bikes till we're 40.

Last edited:
I mean this also covers all semi auto "assault weapons." Wont go anywhere, but hes a ****ing idiot.

Mike

Sent from my cell phone with a tiny keyboard and large thumbs...

If you take away gun control from his "platform", he doesn't have much else.
ggboy

Sure he does , he's the free shit fairy.

- - - Updated - - -

That mother ****er needs to go back to under an Ice cream truck.

Fixed it for you.
He crawls out of his crypt once every year or so, throws some shit around and then crawls back in.

Its truely a law that wont save one life.

You mean besides the 8 year old that they mention in the article that negligently shot himself? I'm not on board with the proposed law but full auto and children is a bad idea.

What makes anyone think that this fool is a resident of Massachusetts? I don't think we have seen him here in Mass more than twice a year. He prefers to be an ***hole from afar where all his other idiot friends live. One of the most useless people in the world that literally has not figured out how not to smoke weed.

What makes anyone think that this fool is a resident of Massachusetts? I don't think we have seen him here in Mass more than twice a year. He prefers to be an ***hole from afar where all his other idiot friends live. One of the most useless people in the world that literally has not figured out how not to smoke weed.

IIRC, he hails from Maryland.

It's very easy for people like Markey to keep pissing in the Cheerios - they're in the minority. If the democrats controlled both houses of Congress they'd be much more circumspect about trying to pass any significant new gun control. Put them back in the majority and they'd have a huge risk of newly elected dems from swing districts breaking ranks. 1994 wasn't that long ago.

You mean besides the 8 year old that they mention in the article that negligently shot himself? I'm not on board with the proposed law but full auto and children is a bad idea.

Just because something is or isnt a good idea, doesnt mean there should be a law against it.
By your thinking, it should be illegal for 8yr olds to play football, ride bikes, swim, ect.
If it saves one life right?
And this law is up to the age of 16. Not 12,10 or 8..
Its called parenting, its not the .gov job. And even without this law a DA could pursue child endangerment.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom