Man shoots "rapist" dead, "victim" gets manslaughter indictment

This is an amazing case.

http://www.delawareonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070330/NEWS/70330062

ARLINGTON, Texas — Darrell Roberson came home from a card game late one night to find his wife rolling around with another man in a pickup truck in the driveway.

Caught in the act with her lover, Tracy Denise Roberson -- thinking quickly, if not clearly -- cried rape, authorities say. Her husband pulled a gun and killed the other man with a shot to the head.

On Thursday, a grand jury handed up a manslaughter indictment -- against the wife, not the husband.

What I'm wondering about is why it took the guy so long to shoot?

When Tracy Roberson cried that she was being raped, LaSalle tried to drive away and her husband drew the gun he happened to be carrying and fired several shots at the truck, authorities said.

I mean, the "rape" was clearly over by that point and the "danger" to his wife had passed.

One thing is for sure... she's gonna need a criminal lawyer AND a divorce lawyer!

Doesn't seem like manslaughter is a harsh enough punishment to me!

Maybe.....although she couldn't be sure her husband had a gun and even so could not predict that he would shoot and if he did shoot that he would shoot the other guy in the head. I think her intent was to not be caught cheating by claiming the rape. I don't think she had any intent for the man to be killed.

Am I off base on this?

Maybe.....although she couldn't be sure her husband had a gun and even so could not predict that he would shoot and if he did shoot that he would shoot the other guy in the head. I think her intent was to not be caught cheating by claiming the rape. I don't think she had any intent for the man to be killed.

Am I off base on this?

No. That's probably the reason for the manslaughter charge instead of murder charges.

If this had been Massachusetts, they would have nailed the husband on illegal gambling, then something like "possession of a firearm in the commission of a crime" and then declare that the shooting was just a continuation of that crime and find him guilty of murder with special circumstances or some such BS.

Then they would have found some child who cried from the sound of gunfire and had the guy declared a dangerous sex offender for causing a sexual act to be displayed before a child.

The wife would have been a guest on "The View" and fawned over by a whole audience of liberals.

Oh, and the dead lover would be in a Bimmer instead of a pickup and his family would sue the husband for everything the wife didn't get in the divorce settlement.

Did I miss anything?

Oh yea! The media would have reported the husband's gun as an automatic bullet sprayer capable of easily penetrating the body of a BMW and call for the ban of such "Cop Killer" weapons.

Anything else?

I think I've been living in this state too long......

There is an awful lot that this story does not (and probably can not) tell you. But given what is reported and what can reasonably be surmised I would give the man the benefit of the doubt.

Both of them probably needed to be shot anyways.

I feel horrible for the guy!

He witnesses a "Rape" that his wife is the "Victim" of
He kills a man
Turns out his wife is a cheating bitch
He was arrested for murder
Turns out she lied to him about the rape therefore set him up for the shooting
His wife is going away for a few years.
His face and dirty laundry is all over the papers, news, and internet

Given the circumstances some are more difficult to cope with than others....but all at once like this. Not an easy thing to swallow.

Hopefully his family and neighbors are supportive. [sad2]

-Weer'd Beard

I don't see why they're going after the poor woman. After all, this was in Texas, so I blame it all on George Bush. [rolleyes]

Ken

Did I miss anything?

Yes, since the Decesed was accused of a sex crime the body must be labled as a level LMXVIII Sex Offender, and must have no children present within 3 counties of the funeral, and the remains must be entombed under 14 tons of concrete under a mountain in Nevada.

You know if he wasn't shot, and he lived in mass he'd be raked over the coals as a "Sex Offender" while some guy who had just done a nickle in the clink for rape is getting a table at the local Chuck E. Cheese. [rolleyes]

I hope the B*tch finds out what is really liked to be raped when she gets to prison for putting him through this BS.

And Weerd, How did you know I like Chuck E. Cheese's pizza?

Back
Top Bottom