Man gets sucker punched, pulls out weapons and kills the perp… You Decide…

Quite often murder suspects are not allowed bail and are instead kept in jail until trial.
Come Jan 1, the state of Illinois is gonna say ‘hold my beer.’

Also guys, this is Chicago. The murder clearance rate there is what?? Basically zero.

Looked like a school building or something to me. What was a 19yo doing in a liquor store anyways??

That is murder for sure and I would not have done that 100% (he was literally walking out the door with the guy no longer a immediate threat)
but I do not blame him

Going into that vid. I thought it was going to come from him laid out on the floor shooting up. or a stumble back and pop. I was watching wondering if I missed it and then saw the guy come back in the door. I admire his follow up. I wouldn’t be surprised if he deserved the punch but PSGWSP.

That chick rendering aid at 35 sec.
I think she was going after his chain.

Punchy may have been continuing to threaten others, and having demonstrated deadly and irrational behavior, appears capable of endangering innocents. Shooter may have been simply protecting loved ones from death or serious injury.

gds.jpg

Come Jan 1, the state of Illinois is gonna say ‘hold my beer.’

Also guys, this is Chicago. The murder clearance rate there is what?? Basically zero.
As much as I disagree with the new IL “bail reform” law, it will allow judges to hold murder suspects in jail.

Under the Pretrial Fairness Act, a judge can still detain someone pretrial if they are charged with specific felony offenses, such as domestic battery, murder, or certain gun crimes. A judge can also still detain someone if they determine that they pose a threat to a specific individual or that they are likely to skip court intentionally. In all cases, a judge must impose the least restrictive conditions they believe will ensure that a defendant returns to court.

Punchy may have been continuing to threaten others, and having demonstrated deadly and irrational behavior, appears capable of endangering innocents. Shooter may have been simply protecting loved ones from death or serious injury.
Good luck trying to argue that in court.

Nope.

I'm not shedding a tear for the dead cat, but that's murder. The gap between the punch and the shot is too great to claim self-defense, as is the fact that the shooter was halfway out the door with a clear route of escape. He chose to turn back and cap the guy.

He's toast. If it was self-defense, he'd have been shooting from the ground, immediately after the punch, when he was still powerless.

ETA: It looks like the gun was in his backpack (stupidly). If so, he had time to remove the backpack, rummage around inside, and pull the gun. Yeah. No. This kid's not just toast, he's burnt toast.

What’s good for the goose is good for the gander these days ! f*** that sucker punch coward !
I don’t have any sympathy for the puncher, but that doesn’t change the fact that the shooter is likely to be charged and convicted of murder.

I certainly don’t want to get punched, but I also don’t want to spend decades in prison.

As much as I disagree with the new IL “bail reform” law, it will allow judges to hold murder suspects in jail.
A judge ‘can’ but not ‘shall.’

Despite the legal nuances of the new law, you and I both already know how this will play out.

A judge ‘can’ but not ‘shall.’

Despite the legal nuances of the new law, you and I both already know how this will play out.
I agree with what I think you are implying — that the IL bail reform law will lead to increased crime, just like similar laws have everywhere else. But I do think judges in IL will hold some murder suspects on no bail (note I said some, not all).

I hope this in-duh-vidual is has sufficient medical knowledge to explain exactly what the medical consequences of a single punch to the head can be, and why another punch could easily have left him dead or organ donor material.

Meh, my story would be that I was unable to think clearly after that hit "rang my bell" and I instinctively went for my protection. Completely unable to think clearly.

Definitely a f*ck around and find out moment.
That being said, the punch to the head may have spun his brain around hence the delay in defending himself. I would go with that.

I think that's his only defense, he got his bell rung, was disoriented, heard the guy say he was going to kill him, etc. But still managed a couple well grouped shots to the heart... lol.

You get punched in the head by someone you may not know and see how rational you would be after having your brain knocked around..
Many people die from a single punch to the head. Maybe not that second, but later due to complications because of it.
Punch someone in the head and I would consider him a deadly threat!

Mind your own business and don't go around hurting people and you just might live longer,

Hurt me and you will get hurt back. Who said I have to fair about it?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom