Man gets sucker punched, pulls out weapons and kills the perp… You Decide…

I'll repeat it again "I don't remember anything after the hit on the head. "
"I can't sleep , I have nightmares and I forget people I know."
"The doctors are trying to figure out if it's permanent brain damage . "
And when they subpoena your medical records and find out you are lying about brain damage? What does that do to your credibility?

And when they subpoena your medical records and find out you are lying about brain damage? What does that do to your credibility?
You don't need to have permanent injury- that punch caused a concussion with associated disorientation.
His defense would argue that he believed that he was still in danger because his mental capacity was temporarily disrupted from the attack and he couldn't properly perceive time and distance.
Not saying that what the guy did was within the law because from an armchair it's obviously not but that's not the legal standard - that's what a reasonable person in the same situation would believe. And you only need to create a shadow of doubt.

Good luck with that. I suggest you confer with your defense attorney before trying that tactic.
It's the only thing that I could think might get him a little out of it. No other defense is coming to mind.

Being hit in the head can create major disorientation.

Have we heard if the shooter was ever caught?

If not, then it is a classic good shoot. Hell, if he came back a week later and shot the guy, it'd still be a good shoot.

Back
Top Bottom