Man gets sucker punched, pulls out weapons and kills the perp… You Decide…

No question that it wasn't a legally justifiable shot.
However when the government doesn't do its job of policing society then we must allow for individuals to act to keep the peace. While a sucker punch shouldn't be a death penalty, it will only take a couple of victim selection fails before people think twice about taking that swing.
If the crowd had reacted by beating the guy the instant he suckered punched a random person then moral justice would have been fully satisfied, that didn't happen so the wronged person used the level of force he possessed to persuade the guy not to attack random people.

I have stated numerous times that our society, our American civilization, will ultimately end up with episodes like this becoming more and more frequent. The real blame is with our own government, both state and federal. TPTB are deliberately letting bad people run wild. The lack of protection by elected government will breed more of the same. People that want to be left alone will snap.

Welp:
In 2017, a jury was instructed: "You cannot substitute your sense of justice, whatever that means, for your duty to follow the law, whether you agree with it or not. It is not for you to determine whether the law is just or whether the law is unjust. That cannot be your task. There is no such thing as valid jury nullification. You would violate your oath and the law if you willfully brought a verdict contrary to the law given to you in this case." The Ninth Circuit upheld the first three sentences of the jury's instruction and overruled the remainder but deemed that instruction a harmless error and affirmed the conviction.[59]

Judge can instruct whatever he wants to. Why would I listen to him?

This guy is guilty of a legally bad shoot (Piston, I agree with you), but morally did a community service. I could not in good conscience vote to convict. He walks.

See, people always go on and on about head shots. Personally, I would never have denied that man the priceless 27 sec. he had to think about what he had just done to himself. Not in a million years.

ETA, His name was Gary Plauche. His name was Gary Plauche. His name was Gary Plauche....

I don't have a problem with letting the guy off if that is justice. I'd like to know whether or not the shooter raped the puncher's sister first, or anything like that. But I always thought the value of discussing it was so you know to stay safe and not get charged if you're ever in a similar situation.

Untitled.jpg

You mean victory marks ! He may go to jail over that but I bet every jury in the land shows sympathy towards him and gives him a reduced time out. They should let him off Scot free and maybe it will send a msg to the other sucker punching cowards out there !

I must be one of the only ones here that doesn't have a problem with what he did.
Everyone is tired of all the violence these scumbags bring to everyday life.
Then people complain the victim went too far.

I've seen way too many videos of the elderly getting beat down and dying from being sucker punched.
F- the perp. they got what he didn't expect and I'm ok with that!

All those thugs being let loose to behave anyway they want with immunity or not even so much a minute in jail makes my blood boil.

Like those that thought Kyle Rittenhouse was guilty.
Hey, they were only going to beat time down a little bit...
Look. I don't have a problem with it. But we live in a legal tangled web, and that guy is stick a fork in him done.

I’m in favor of jury nullification, as a concept.

If this kid were on trial for murder, I wouldn’t apply it here.
How about if the judge gave them different options, say 2nd degree murder or voluntary manslaughter? After that punch, I could see where as a juror I might have a hard time with a murder charge. Manslaughter, I might not have a problem with...

I have stated numerous times that our society, our American civilization, will ultimately end up with episodes like this becoming more and more frequent. The real blame is with our own government, both state and federal. TPTB are deliberately letting bad people run wild. The lack of protection by elected government will breed more of the same. People that want to be left alone will snap.
Shoot and scoot!

How about if the judge gave them different options, say 2nd degree murder or voluntary manslaughter? After that punch, I could see where as a juror I might have a hard time with a murder charge. Manslaughter, I might not have a problem with...

Honestly, I don't know that much about the different "degrees" of murder. Sure, obviously he was provoked. So if that's an element in lesser degrees of murder, I'd be all in favor.

But based on my understanding of the distinction between murder and manslaughter? No. What's on that video is murder.

ETA: I did a little research, and I know more now. I'd call this either 2d degree murder or voluntary manslaughter, whichever the law recognizes in that state.

Last edited:
You definitely own or at the least, have owned, a diverse amount of mall ninja shit. Had to google yawara stick.
Not sure what a mall ninja is. Must be something new. Had a few firearms instructors in my life and never heard that term before. At LFI 1, back in the 1980s, Massad Ayoob demonstrated various knives, impact weapons and chemical defense weapons in our class. He covered illegal street weapons such as brass knuckles, saps, sap gloves, miniature bats, kubatons (yawara sticks), finger rings with razor blades embedded, roll of coins in fist along with other topics. Then, we moved on to firearms. Basically, we received the whole Intel on what await us on the streets. Ayoob knows what he's talking about.

Not sure what a mall ninja is. Must be something new. Had a few firearms instructors in my life and never heard that term before. At LFI 1, back in the 1980s, Massad Ayoob demonstrated various knives, impact weapons and chemical defense weapons in our class. He covered illegal street weapons such as brass knuckles, saps, sap gloves, miniature bats, kubatons (yawara sticks), finger rings with razor blades embedded, roll of coins in fist along with other topics. Then, we moved on to firearms. Basically, we received the whole Intel on what await us on the streets. Ayoob knows what he's talking about.
It's at least 20 years old.

It's at least 20 years old.

The Mall Ninja is easily distinguished by an abundance of “tactical” gear, such as fatigues, a thigh holster (with, of course, a Glock), combat boots, bandolier and other accouterments that you’d usually only see on a SWAT operative. Median age is usually 19-25, and they tend to boast about their various exploits with certain Special Forces units, all of which they’re too young and idiotic to have joined (real Special Forces types don’t brag). They typically have opinions on everything, regardless of expertise, they are uniformly poor shots, and they tend to exhibit a frightening lack of safety training.

Weeellllll………………………….

Back
Top Bottom