MA State Police M&P 2.0 trade in guns available

I would like to get the official story on this issue. Because of a sight issue 2,600 S&W MP 45 M2.0 get rejected. The spec's all had to be in the contract.

If it was a manufacturing defect, S&W could have said ok we w ill warranty that defect for life and then fix ay that broke.

If it was design characteristic, they probably weighed the cost of rework vs. what they could get for the pistols on the secondary market and found it wasn't profitabl to address the MSP concern to keep the deal. No doubt not worth the endeavor.

That was rhetorical.

So, it has "police nomenclature" on it right out of the box from the factory?
;-)

Last edited:
I want the ones that have the "heart" problem and pay 80% pension on your last 3 years of inflated OT detail time, plus full payout of 300 hours of banked sick time and full medical bennies.
Here you go spouting Bullshit. Heart bill only allows 72% and limited outside income. OT and detail pay is not pensionable. Banked sick time last I knew was only paid at 20% of the total time on the books.

Here you go spouting Bullshit. Heart bill only allows 72% and limited outside income. OT and detail pay is not pensionable. Banked sick time last I knew was only paid at 20% of the total time on the books.
Sorry...so......if a trooper makes 150K a year (likely more) .......so about 108k a year state tax free, 30K check for sick time when they walk at like 55 years old? Got it.

Details.....they ice the cake then I guess......poor bastards collecting 60 or more an hour standing over a hole on their phone or sleeping in the cruiser.

Im just not sure why they keep saying they all bump up the last 3 years then?

Not a bad deal after 20 years.

Sorry...if a trooper makes 150K a year.......so about 108k a year state tax free, 30K check for sick time when they walk? Got it.

Once again you are wrong. It takes more than 20 years to get the 80% percent. What are you jealous because you didn't apply yourself or maybe you are not qualified due to your inability to discern the truth and facts.

Once again, OT and details don't figure into the pension base.

Sorry...so......if a trooper makes 150K a year (likely more) .......so about 108k a year state tax free, 30K check for sick time when they walk at like 55 years old? Got it.

Details.....they ice the cake then I guess......poor bastards collecting 60 or more an hour standing over a hole on their phone or sleeping in the cruiser.

He goes on spouting lies and bullshit until he believes it.
Howie Carr does the same thing with the T, telling the world we get a "full pension" after 23 years.... trust me what you get after 23 years is not a lot of money, certainly not enough to live on, and your medical costs eat a good chunk of it up.

Our pensions max at 32 years and some number of months, and even then it is not great money. If you were not in "PEBSCO" or investing outside of that, you would be screwed until Social Security kicked in.

Almost everyone I know that retired from the T before they could collect Social Security, myself included, worked another job in "retirement"

Not a bad pistol especially for 350!

My only real gripe with these is that it’s only 10 round mags….that’s it.

My friend has one, it’s nice, but for it’s size it should hold more rounds, IMO.

Howie Carr does the same thing with the T, telling the world we get a "full pension" after 23 years.... trust me what you get after 23 years is not a lot of money, certainly not enough to live on, and your medical costs eat a good chunk of it up.

Our pensions max at 32 years and some number of months, and even then it is not great money. If you were not in "PEBSCO" or investing outside of that, you would be screwed until Social Security kicked in.

Almost everyone I know that retired from the T before they could collect Social Security, myself included, worked another job in "retirement"
MBTA service would most likely be part of the railroad retirement system rather than Social Security. The difference is the Tier 2 portion, which both the employee and the railroad contributed to through their career via payroll deduction. The Tier 1 portion is simply the equivalent of Social Security. That is why railroad retirement benefits, assuming equal years worked. will generally be higher than Social Security benefits. To max out railroad retirement benefits requires 30 years of service.

MBTA service would most likely be part of the railroad retirement system rather than Social Security. The difference is the Tier 2 portion, which both the employee and the railroad contributed to through their career via payroll deduction. The Tier 1 portion is simply the equivalent of Social Security. That is why railroad retirement benefits, assuming equal years worked. will generally be higher than Social Security benefits. To max out railroad retirement benefits requires 30 years of service.
trust me it is Social Security, I got my first "kiss in the mail" earlier this year 14 years after I left the T

trust me it is Social Security, I got my first "kiss in the mail" earlier this year 14 years after I left the T
OK, then you weren't covered by it. Some positions, like yours, are exempt. My uncle worked for Conrail doing track maintenance. He was covered and ended up with railroad retirement rather than Social Security.

Damn. I thought they rolled RRR into SSI completely back in the 80's. My grandfather was a RRR recipient. Or as me and my dad always called it, Wailwoadwetiahmint.

Damn. I thought they rolled RRR into SSI completely back in the 80's. My grandfather was a RRR recipient. Or as me and my dad always called it, Wailwoadwetiahmint.
The rollover into Social Security only happens if you are not fully vested into railroad retirement. Full vesting used to require 10 years of credited service. Now it is 5 years.

Once again you are wrong. It takes more than 20 years to get the 80% percent. What are you jealous because you didn't apply yourself or maybe you are not qualified due to your inability to discern the truth and facts.
Why do you guys always say the same thing.....are we jealous? Are we jealous that most of us in the dreaded private sector pay for this but get nothing like it? Of course we are.....

Are we jealous we can't retire after 20 or 25 or whatever with 80%? Who wouldn't be? But I guess us college educated idiots chose poorly right?

But don't act like your smart for choosing the career. You guys act like I knew at 18 that a police officer would have been a super lucrative career. It was shit job for people who couldn't go to college. Yeah...most of the shitbags I knew in high school who went into corrections or police couldn't go to college or failed out. They fell into these jobs and got lucky the pay and benefits skyrocketed to buy your votes.

The real question is should some mainly uneducated person be making that kind of money and benefits? Why should someone uneducated start in a town police force making over 70K a year, then another 50 for being able to stand over a hole when no else can. Unless they don't feel like it that day.

Union and politicians have bought votes using protected class police gaining them in pay and benefits, and protecting their bullshit details at a huge cost to the taxpayer in this state.

However, other states.....not so much....not every state is Massachusetts and doesn't give such lucrative benefits. Nor details.

Its a MA thing.....other states down south, out west.........not so much.

The rollover into Social Security only happens if you are not fully vested into railroad retirement. Full vesting used to require 10 years of credited service. Now it is 5 years.

The things you learn. My grandfather was a B&M man. Carpenter. ???? Which is funny b/c I'd seen teh stuff he built. It was never pretty. ROFL!!!! He retired on disability in 1980 or so. Emphysema. He was my age now. WOW! He was gone by 59. He seemed old my entire life.

He smoked a pack a day since the 30's but he was also installing and removing asbestos on rail cars and such. So there was that.

Some folks would not believe that most cops today have at least an Associates degree , even many have a Bachelors degree. On top of that some folks would not believe how many have a Masters. Yet there are those who don't have a clue, still run their mouths.

Some folks would not believe that most cops today have at least an Associates degree , even many have a Bachelors degree. On top of that some folks would not believe how many have a Masters. Yet there are those who don't have a clue, still run their mouths.
I work for the one of the gas utility companies, most of the guys digging holes in the street have college degrees. In my local we have two guys with law degrees, bunch of business majors, etc. They realized early on the the money to be a union ditch digger was much better than what they went to school for.

I work for the one of the gas utility companies, most of the guys digging holes in the street have college degrees. In my local we have two guys with law degrees, bunch of business majors, etc. They realized early on the the money to be a union ditch digger was much better than what they went to school for.

Yup, I work in the public sector and my friends (without college degrees) who work for National Grid, Unitil, etc. (and not in office jobs) make a lot more money and have better retirements than I do. Wish I knew then what I know now.

Back
Top Bottom