MA State Police M&P 2.0 trade in guns available

Not a bad pistol especially for 350!

My only real gripe with these is that it’s only 10 round mags….that’s it.

My friend has one, it’s nice, but for it’s size it should hold more rounds, IMO.

You can get higher capacity mags for it.
(that's if you don't live in Mass or many of the other commie states)
They likely only ship them with 10 rounders so they don't run afoul of these state laws.

Yup, I work in the public sector and my friends (without college degrees) who work for National Grid, Unitil, etc. (and not in office jobs) make a lot more money and have better retirements than I do. Wish I knew then what I know now.
This...when I was getting out of school we were told...computers, engineering, stem......go to college

Meanwhile.....Union Power company ditch diggers and Union protected cops or Corrections with no education out of high school was the way to go. Who knew? Well it wasnt the flunk outs that just walked into these jobs....but they did get lucky. Had I known....Id be retired now too. But a pet peeve of mine is when they act like they knew all along, and tell you you chose wrong.
They chose because a lot of them could do nothing else. Cops were making 10 dollars an hour when I graduated high school. Computer and Engineer people were killing it.

Most of them get their education on the Quinn bill or did. I realize they are not all uneducated,...but there is a differnce between taking calculus/physics and stem, and sitting in criminal justice classes.

My buddy is a retired chief in a Central MA town and he loves my son.....who graduated from WPI with a Mech E degree. He always told him....if your engineering job doesn't work out...I've got a 70K a year base pay + 30K standing over a hole job waiting for you, as your 20x smarter than the shitheads the test wants me to hire.

My son is making less than that now.....close to base plus detail...but less. And he has some student loans and spent 4 years at college. He would have had a house by now easily if he became a cop and could have gotten his education while working mostly paid. And if the job market gets bad he won't be protected by a public union.

His choice...not mine. I told him the cop is probably the way Id go if staying in this state......as your protected class, your paid well thru taxation, and the unions and pols love you. That last one has changed a bit....but no one is taking away cop salaries or retirement bennies.

That said...a lot of this is limited to MA/NY/CT/NJ.......communist shitholes like to keep their jackboots happy so they will jackboot when the time comes, as they are the teeth to their stupid laws. If they don't comply.....well...then they can threaten to take away all their shit to keep them in line. I think this thinking is what kept my son from being a cop.....he didn't want to deal with being on the front line of communist compliance for the serfs, and them holding his pension and pay balls to the fire to go jackboot some innocent bastard for having a gun. Which.....looks like may be happening pretty soon!

BTT......

Last edited:
This...when I was getting out of school we were told...computers, engineering, stem......go to college

Meanwhile.....Union Power company ditch diggers and Union protected cops or Corrections with no education out of high school was the way to go. Who knew? Well it wasnt the flunk outs that just walked into these jobs....but they did get lucky. Had I known....Id be retired now too. But a pet peeve of mine is when they act like they knew all along, and tell you you chose wrong.
They chose because a lot of them could do nothing else. Cops were making 10 dollars an hour when I graduated high school. Computer and Engineer people were killing it.

Most of them get their education on the Quinn bill or did. I realize they are not all uneducated,...but there is a differnce between taking calculus/physics and stem, and sitting in criminal justice classes.

My buddy is a retired chief in a Central MA town and he loves my son.....who graduated from WPI with a Mech E degree. He always told him....if your engineering job doesn't work out...I've got a 70K a year base pay + 30K standing over a hole job waiting for you, as your 20x smarter than the shitheads the test wants me to hire.

My son is making less than that now.....close to base plus detail...but less. And he has some student loans and spent 4 years at college. He would have had a house by now easily if he became a cop and could have gotten his education while working mostly paid. And if the job market gets bad he won't be protected by a public union.

His choice...not mine. I told him the cop is probably the way Id go if staying in this state......as your protected class, your paid well thru taxation, and the unions and pols love you. That last one has changed a bit....but no one is taking away cop salaries or retirement bennies.

That said...a lot of this is limited to MA/NY/CT/NJ.......communist shitholes like to keep their jackboots happy so they will jackboot when the time comes, as they are the teeth to their stupid laws. If they don't comply.....well...then they can threaten to take away all their shit to keep them in line. I think this thinking is what kept my son from being a cop.....he didn't want to deal with being on the front line of communist compliance for the serfs, and them holding his pension and pay balls to the fire to go jackboot some innocent bastard for having a gun. Which.....looks like may be happening pretty soon!

BTT......
Mark, you presented a fairly accurate picture of the reality here in MA. As for your last paragraph, well, let's all hope that day never comes!

WOW! Ten dollars an hour. When was that? When I started as a Natural Resource Officer, later name changed to EPO, in November of 1980 I was making $228.43 a week. I went to college on the "old' GI Bill. EPO's to this day do not have the "Quinn Bill". I knew what my plans were for a career at 15years old. I did the research and knew that I would have to pay my dues for the end result when pension time came.

BTT......

Mark, I have 3 friends that I graduated with (we are now 55-56) that are police officers in small towns and they are still working despite 25-30 years in because their retirement would not be enough (and they don't want to start new careers/jobs at 55). Their base pay (OT does not count toward retirement), which is similarly around $70K, is not that great so it does not translate into big numbers for retirement. Even at 80% of $70K, $56K is not a lot of money nowadays and they still have to pay a portion of their medical insurance (30-40%). Police Chiefs in this area have much higher base pay ($120-$150K) so 80% of the higher rate adds up to much more - you need to get to one of those positions for at least 3 years to "average out". And all of them now hate their jobs, dealing with the same a**h***s over and over, being spit on, having people vomit/shit/piss in their cruisers/cells, being accused of assault/abuse, making sure they don't get jabbed with a needle when dealing/frisking people they are arresting, etc. so it is not all that it is cracked up to be - I definitely would not want anything to do with it in today's world (I don't have the temperament for it). And, yeah, they can make more money working details but who wants to work extra shifts every week to get to $100K, my buddies work details on their days off so their essentially working 7 days a week many weeks (and it is all during the summer months as there is not as much construction going on during the winter months) per year, life is too short for that IMO. My friends pretty much work every weekend as part of their regular work week so they can do details during the week - fruck that. Of course, we can probably agree that State Police follow different standards based on what we see in the news.

Last edited:
M&P never worked for me. Just felt. . . . funny in my hands. I'm a Glock guy through and through. I think it was too round, LOL. Something about holding a 1x2 in your hand for years it's hard to hold something molded. I hate those palmswell grips on anything as well, like on a fancy gun or something. SEEMS like it would be nice. Never feels right.

Back
Top Bottom