• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

MA State Police M&P 2.0 trade in guns available

Anyone know the backstory on that? I thought the MSP used M&P 40's before the 2.0 came out, the 2.0's are not that old and these are brand new never used. Why is the MSP dumping them? Are they switching to different models?

Mass State P.D. went to the M&P45 midsize a few years ago. It's the 4 inch barrel with the ten round grip. I don't recall exactly if they were free (ala typical Glock deal) or they were extremely cheap to purchase. I don't or didn't know if they switched to the 2.0 or changed to something different. Before that they used Sig 226s. in 9 then 40.

I liked the M&P 45 and sort of miss mine. What pistol are the staties switching to?

Are you sure they're selling trade-in 2.0's? Must be the 1st Gens (especially because they come with 3 backstraps). The Staties announced in June/July that they are switching from 1.0's to the 2.0's.

Had heard a rumor that they were gonna go back to Sig. While they aren’t a great price on the surface, they’ll have night sights and the extra third mag. They usually come with standard white dot sights and two mags. So the price is worth it. And to top it off, the 45 is the apex of the M&P line. Well the full size is. They shoot super smooth and and are very accurate.

Although, my experience is with the 1.0, things may have changed.

UNFORTUNATELY, AN ITEM IN YOUR CART CANNOT BE SHIPPED TO YOUR LOCATION.

Cant buy it lol

I tested with another off list firearm and they will ship to MA. Something about that item is flagged

EDIT
It seems to be completely random what they ship or won't ship to MA

Last edited:
Isn't the M&P a relatively 'modern' design? What's wrong with the guns? PDs shoulda done right and just went with HK to begin with.

Trooper buddy told me a couple weeks ago they are going back to SIG. Said they traded all theirs into some place out in Western Mass, (jerk brothers or something along those lines). Probably can't get those in MA because they may have the free state trigger vs the oppressed state one, but who knows.

Back
Top Bottom