MA State Auditor's report on firearm license issuance

I just submitted my renewal. The dumb part is the duplication of work.

- I download the PDF, fill in all my info, print it, sign it, and bring it with me to the police department.
- They take my info, type it all into the state system, print it out again, and have me sign that copy.

90% of the time it took to renew was for the officer to re-type everything back into the system.

How it should be:
- You log into a web portal on a computer or your phone. All your info is already pre-populated because they already know it. You make any changes or updates as needed and hit submit. The local PD receives it and looks it over. They call/email you if they have any questions, otherwise they just hit submit. The state checks what they need to check and send the renewed license. Also it's free.

Edit: I know it "should be" that we have natural rights and that the constitution protects those rights, therefore no license is necessary.

I like what you are saying but truthfully the longer I live on this planet the more inclined I am towards constitutional carry. No registration, no license, no nothing. Why keep the insanity train rolling on the tracks with a fancy web site?

I like what you are saying but truthfully the longer I live on this planet the more inclined I am towards constitutional carry. No registration, no license, no nothing. Why keep the insanity train rolling on the tracks with a fancy web site?

Amen!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok so is there a way we can petition legal action for this gross incompetence of neglect of the law and regulations. What's the point of a Audit if they will not do anything about it.

Now I have to rain on everyone's parade. My Florida LTC renewal came the mail on a Saturday, I now live in Florida. On Monday I went to the next town tax collectors office and renewed. She took my application, took my photo, paid her the $45 for a 7 year license and walked out the door in less than 10 minutes. Effective right now but doesn't expire until Jan of 25. No letters to the chief or interviews with police officers. She was very polite, courteous, helpful and smiled most of the time. No more Mass for me. Bye the way, the license was $5 cheaper than it was a few months ago, because of a tax reduction law they passed here, just love it.

[crying]

Ok so is there a way we can petition legal action for this gross incompetence of neglect of the law and regulations. What's the point of a Audit if they will not do anything about it.

You can send the report (like I did) to the State Inspector Generals office. They investigate fraud, waste, and general grievances about government in MA.

That last sentence I almost couldn't type without pissing my pants laughing....anyway.

You can send it there and watch and wait for them to do absolutely nothing about it. Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom