• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

MA SJC rules stun gun ban violates the 2A

Tazers are not guns on the federal level so the EOPS bs is mute as you can drive to a boarder state and purchase and legally bring home. I should have phrased that as a question. Is my understanding correct.

Looks like this has been covered. Sorry.
"Buy", yes. "Bring home" depends upon what "minimum safety and quality standards, safe storage requirements, education and safety training requirements" regulations EOPS ends up setting, particularly the last one. I can just imagine them requiring some 2 week training course to possess that does not yet exist, takes 2-3 years to develop, costs $400 to take, and is only taught once a year by the MSP (I'm only being ~1/4 facetious).

I'm curious about what others would prefer.
Myself I'm thinking stun gun over tazer.

The tazers are pretty bulky and just from watching Cops and Live PD there seems to be too many variables to getting two prongs in perfect placement.
I'm thinking next to useless in winter here., I can't see those prongs piercing heavy jackets and such.
Someone with more experience might want to chime in on that .

The stun guns might require a more up close and personal approach , but the more concealable aspect seems more attractive.
I've seen them used a couple of times and they seem to knock some of the fight out of you.

Would like to hear from someone who's used one or the other or both .

Taser Pulse is the size of a subcompact pistol, and can be used like a stun gun if there's no cartridge installed or if the cartridge has been fired.

Back
Top Bottom