MA NR Permit valid in Boston

Looking to get my MA Non-Resident permit. Is it valid in Boston? My mother in law lives in Dorchester and I would feel better there having a firearm when I visit.

ALL MA LTCs are valid in all 351 cities/towns.

That said, I was made aware of at least one time when a dim-witted Boston PO claimed that a person's LTC was "invalid" since it wasn't issued in Boston! <DOH!>

Permits for residents are ONLY issued in the town they live in and those for NRs are only issued by the State!

Every LTC holder should always have the name/phone number of a good firearms attorney when in MA! [rolleyes] Sadly, you never know when it might be necessary . . . to educate the ignorant! [thinking]

Some more of the OPEN IN CASE OF EMERGENCY - Carrying in MA on a NR LTC-A(ALP) Kit

1. A wallet card with firearms lawyers practicing in your home state (NH for me) and MA

2. Copies of MA NR-LTC(ALP) for when they sieze your original, say they didn't, and say they can't find a record you ever had one. For your lawyer above.

3. A list of firearms with SNs and photos for when they can't find your siezed firearm or say you can't have it back as it's not MA-compliant. Likley it will be melted for manhole covers before you can get it back...

4. No reason to surrender your home-state permit to a MA LEO, so don't volunteer to hand it over.

Back
Top Bottom