• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

MA license portal not updated after move notification

Last March, I finally escaped MA for NH. On April 8, within 30 days of the move, I sent the statutory LTC change-of-address notification to the FRB and to my old town's police department.

Unfortunately, I still need to travel to MA with some regularity, so I need a non-resident LTC. I was holding off on this until after Bruen was decided because otherwise I'd likely have gotten stuck with restrictions, but I mailed my application package last week.

While I was filling out that application, I looked up the status of my old resident LTC in the online portal, and found that it was still showing as valid and associated with my old address, three months after I sent the change form in. Just wondering if:

1. This is normal and nothing to worry about,
2. This is not normal but nobody cares, or
3. This is not normal and I can look forward to the state police playing gotcha games over it

In case of (3), I do still have my certified mail receipts.
it is the responsibility of the issuing department to "expire out" your LTC. I ran into the same issue when I moved to NH and then applied s a "resident" as I had a business in another town.

Back
Top Bottom