• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

MA H3476 definition of "Replica Firearms" UPDATE Bill "dead" for this session

First, they need to pass a law against being unarmed when the cops shoot you. That should go a long way towards solving whatever imaginary problem they aren't really trying to solve.

I can't wait to cerakote all my Glock slides Safety Orange.

The problem they are trying to solve is the dramatically increasing number of people that are interested in firearms and getting their LTCs. More gun owners means less Dem voters.

They will use whatever propaganda guilt and fear tactics that they can and pass whatever silly laws they need to push this.

It looks like Maryland has introduced bills in the House (HB879) and Senate (SB742) that are substantially similar to the bill we are seeing here in MA. My only question is whether Everytown or the Brady Center is writing these.

From my rep yesterday...

Dear Mr. XXXXX,

Thanks for your email and my apologies for the delayed response. As you may know, this legislation was withdrawn from the floor, at least for the time being. It was my initial understanding that it was supported by law enforcement but that position is now unclear. I’ll be sure to pay careful attention to the bill’s status going forward and to the concerns you’ve raised.

I appreciate you staying in touch.

Best,
Carolyn

Yes, please, what happened? My 15yo son is big into Airsoft and it sounds like this will wreck that.

I have heard that the bill has been sent to "needs further study" ie most likely dead for the session; however the bill's status has not been updated on its webpage yet. Thanks to all who contacted their reps on this one.

I have heard that the bill has been sent to "needs further study" ie most likely dead for the session; however the bill's status has not been updated on its webpage yet. Thanks to all who contacted their reps on this one.

Correct, this bill is officially collecting dust for the near future, we'll see what happens next winter when the new session begins.

To echo one of the commenters for the Herald article, it's interesting that whenever you see a super-dumb editorial in the newspaper, it's always attributed to the editorial staff as a whole, and not to an individual.

I know of people who have collections of old cap pistols, I can't wait to see the no knock swat team break into a house to confiscate the collection.

I know of people who have collections of old cap pistols, I can't wait to see the no knock swat team break into a house to confiscate the collection.

ATF will no-knock raid your house, dressed as hippies, and put you in a wheelchair for life with a headshot if they hear you have cap grenades. I'm sure they could work up the enthusiasm for your pal's cap pistols too.

I read a few pages then skipped to the end to see it was shelved.

I have a number of replica pellet and BB guns that match up to my actual firearms very well in all but recoil. I use them as a quick session instead of actual range time for whatever reason as in say a raging blizzard or just to lazy to pack things up. Someday I want to build an old time shooting gallery for them and actually have picked up a number of targets, motors and such but back burnered it for now. To say I have a small investment in them would be an understatement as many are in the $250+ range up to $500. There are airguns that sell for thousands but that's beyond me and really aren't what mine are for.

If it did pass, I'd probably not realize it anyway. Seems everything thing I get into, the state has at some point or has tried to step on it in one fashion or another. So many other issues to work on but instead of those, worry about toy guns and plastic water bottles.

well, i guess we are ALL SCREWED NOW!

finger gun.jpg

They can pry my replica handgun from my cold dead hand.....

Christ will someone knock this jackass out of office?

Getting caught with a live boy or dead girl is a political career enhancement in the Commonwealth. Voting barely works here if at all because of an entrenched media and educational complex indoctrinating the population.

Getting caught with a live boy or dead girl is a political career enhancement in the Commonwealth. Voting barely works here if at all because of an entrenched media and educational complex indoctrinating the population.

That pretty much sums it up.

Back
Top Bottom