MA Gun Grab 2024: Senate bill S.2572

Talking with the owner of a LGS. He is friendly with the local DA. Notice went out to the DA's that it's coming soon, no date but to expect to see it soon.
Did the notice also include a recent list of voluntary ‘registrations’ and sales reported via FA-10s in the district? Here’s a barrel and these are the fish, the gun is coming and all you gotta do is pulling the trigger!

Did the notice also include a recent list of voluntary ‘registrations’ and sales reported via FA-10s in the district? Here’s a barrel and these are the fish, the gun is coming and all you gotta do is pulling the trigger!
Sounds like they are getting ready to confiscate some post Healey AR's.

American Revolution 2.0

I assume this notifying the DAs thing is routine where they're changing the law like this
I've only been involved in testifying and tracking MA <anti> gun laws since 1976. I have never heard of the legislature giving a "heads up" to DAs in advance of a law passing. This story doesn't pass the smell test for me.

I've only been involved in testifying and tracking MA <anti> gun laws since 1976. I have never heard of the legislature giving a "heads up" to DAs in advance of a law passing. This story doesn't pass the smell test for me.
I bet if you call their office on Monday you’ll get an answer if the letter was sent.

Edit: They have caller ID so you’ll get on their new list.

My memory on the Healy edict was a bit blurry, but I thought the prevailing interpretation then, if you actually take her seriously, was that you had to completely assemble the lower and register it as a complete rifle to qualify as ‘pre-Healy’, I.e. there’s pre-Healy rifles, but no pre-Healy lowers.

My memory on the Healy edict was a bit blurry, but I thought the prevailing interpretation then, if you actually take her seriously, was that you had to completely assemble the lower and register it as a complete rifle to qualify as ‘pre-Healy’, I.e. there’s pre-Healy rifles, but no pre-Healy lowers.

She makes no distinction between rifles and lowers.

Gary Klein’s letter says lowers can be built up if owned before July, 16 2016.

This is from her FAQ:

What if I already own a gun that is a copy or duplicate?
If a weapon is a copy or duplicate of one of the models enumerated in the law, it is an Assault Weapon. The Enforcement notice will not be applied to possession, ownership or transfer by an individual gun owner of weapons obtained on or before July 20, 2016.

The AGO also will not enforce the law against a gun dealer that possesses or transfers a “copy or duplicate” weapon that was obtained on or before July 20, 2016, provided that transfers, if any, are made to persons or businesses in states where ownership of the weapon is legal.

——
It doesn’t say registered - it says obtained.

When building up lowers, Gary Klein say to keep documentation when it was obtained in Massachusetts.

Documentation will help your case when arrested and you go to court.

Between the two bills - at minimum there will be pre Healey grandfathering. Better yet if August 2024 grandfathering.

Best bet for future generations is no grandfathering which could get the law thrown out in court.

If post Healey ARs get banned many people will become felons.

No grandfathering, you can keep what you got but don't get caught with it unless it is registered and no transfers allowed.

Oh, and three day waiting period for review of social media posts.

Last edited:
No, they agreed that if you owned a lower, you could complete it as a gun and register it. It was a Q&A that was asked by someone building an NFA gun and paperwork was in process with the Feds.

I won't say that I envy people who can just up and move because very often they are free to go because their life is in shambles.

In our case we had some family obligations that we could have gotten out of only at the expense of hurting people we cared about. That all ended just about a year ago and we got serious about moving. When I retired at the end of 2012 I decided that I was going to do some work on the house every year to increase the marketability every year until we were ready. Minor jobs I did my self, big stuff I had to contract out. By minor I mean repairing fence, cleaning up the lawn, lots of painting (which I hate), replacing interior and exterior doors, updating outlets and wall switches, replacing lights, and so on.

It all paid off late last year when we sold the house well above ask and were able to pay cash for a larger house in Texas. Between what we see going on in Stoughton and this shit show bill, I'm confident that we made the right move at the right time.

Lot of stuff kept me in MA, it can be hard to leave a place you have roots in. A big one for me was my kids. Even with the divorce I didn't want to move any further than I was from them. Eventually it all came together, I was between jobs, the kids were older, and the MA legislature passed their slimy pay increase (the last straw). And I too took a pay cut, a solid 20%. But it was worth it.

I won't say that I envy people who can just up and move because very often they are free to go because their life is in shambles.

In our case we had some family obligations that we could have gotten out of only at the expense of hurting people we cared about. That all ended just about a year ago and we got serious about moving. When I retired at the end of 2012 I decided that I was going to do some work on the house every year to increase the marketability every year until we were ready. Minor jobs I did my self, big stuff I had to contract out. By minor I mean repairing fence, cleaning up the lawn, lots of painting (which I hate), replacing interior and exterior doors, updating outlets and wall switches, replacing lights, and so on.

It all paid off late last year when we sold the house well above ask and were able to pay cash for a larger house in Texas. Between what we see going on in Stoughton and this shit show bill, I'm confident that we made the right move at the right time.
That’s funny because I staid because it was a mess, it was only when things got better that I could leave.

Back
Top Bottom