MA Governor Race

Charlie is a D, give him another 4 years and it will be an F.

DO NOT REWARD BAD ACTORS -
But voting for anyone other than Baker, or not voting, REWARDS Gonzales.

Sadly it's been far too long since I voted for anyone, all I seem to be doing is voting against the greater evil. Still, this seems to have worked out well for Trump. It's all how you look at it.

It's such a complicated issue. Do you believe in the lesser of two evils? I do, so I will go ahead and play the stupid game of politics because I value many different issues. I do my best to avoid weighing one too heavily over another. I totally understand why people don't want to vote for Baker when in this sort of situation. He's clearly liberal, but he is also clearly a liberal republican. He's not a moonbat that will side with BLM and their identity politics like a democrat would. He's not trying to raise our taxes despite governing a state full of people who always seem eager to vote away other people's money (whether they know it or not). Look at the MBTA issues. Loony democrats like Mahty Walsh and the Boston city councillors are demanding we pour more cash into a broken organization. Baker opposed that and instead opted to put focus on repairing the organization with a people and process first approach. He fought to keep leverage against the unions in the MBTA revamp. That's how you fix a broken organization and it's certainly not what any actual democrat would ever do. There are some positive things about Baker as a republican, but none of them are attractive and they don't draw the same attention as other decisions.

It sucks that we are forced to make those decisions in this state. It's a fact though, that actual democrats are more of a risk to your values overall than a liberal democrat. As a conservative, or even a libertarian, actual democrats these days line up way too often on the wrong side of too many important issues. I know he's bad on many things and those are things I will never let him off the hook for. I firmly believe that this Massachusetts has potential to field even better Republican (libertarian/conservative/right) governors in the future. I don't even think it would be limited to governors. The way to win this game is to build on the successes of these candidates and slowly build more conservative ideas and policies on platforms that have been proven to work.

Mass will never have a Greg Anbott for governor. If all we do is tear away at the wins we do get, we will never change anything.

CharLIE has already signed a tax increase and it takes effect in 2019 IIRC. It's called the family leave act. Those of us who work need to pay some more for those that don't or want more time off for bullshit reasons.
CharLIE has done nothing for the children (I have none) under the states watch.
CharLIE has stood more times against us than with us on many issues.
CharLIE has swept how many items under the rug?
CharLIE doesn't even have the balls to support Geoff Diehl in the Senate race. He stuttered on the answer (showed his true colors) then after the debate he spit out a little vomit. How f***ing sad it that?
CharLIE does not deserve my vote. I did that the first time around. Screw me once. Shame on you. Screw me twice. Shame on me.

If you write in Scott Lively, Springfield, MA, how would that affect FUTURE potential republican runners?

Won’t do a damn thing. In the unlikely event that Scott Lively or another conservative became the Republican nominee for governor in MA in a future election, they would lose badly and we would end up with a liberal Democrat as governor.

Vote for whoever you want. But don’t kid yourself that you would be achieving something to bring about a conservative revolution in MA.

No, he isn’t a liberal. Conservatives need to recognize that there are people in the middle and Baker is one of them (as am I).

MA voters won’t “learn” to be conservative from after a liberal governor. Did MA turn conservative after Dukakis or Patrick? No.

MA is a liberal state and will remain so. Any idea that it turn conservative is simply fantasy.

The best we can hope for out of a governor is a moderate. Our only alternative will be a liberal.
I'm voting Scott lively, dont trust the liberal Baker anymore, and really dont care to support rinos.

I'm planning on a write-in for Tom Bevacqua, Central/Western Masschusetts meteorologist.

I already have his campaign slogan:

"Tommy B, because he knows which way the winds are blowing."

The man is such a tool. What bugs me is people like Shaunna O'Connell stumping for him. That hurts me in the feels something awful. I agree with Shaunna about 99.889989089% of the time. She is pretty vocal about being pro-Baker since well before the Primary.

I just saw a campaign ad for Baker on TV, they show a few nitwits saying stuff like:

"I'm a democrat, but I'm voting for Baker".

His slogan should be: "Democrats For Baker, He's One Of Us"

Baker is the Democrat that most Democrats in the state want. So his party affiliation is of no consequence. As much as I normally vote for the party, I'm wondering if it's even worth it in the corner office. We had Short Charlie (vs. Tall Deval) for 8 years and it wasn't significantly worse.

What boggles my mind in ALL of this is how much advertising Chaaaahhhhlee is spending this cycle. By all accounts, he had this locked up in July. Why spend all the $?? Is he a Democrap shill that is wasting tens or hundreds of thousands of MA GOP bucks or something?

It bothers me that R's in this state voted overwhelmingly for Charlie. It wasn't even close. There is no reason for him to kowtow to any conservative because he skated through the Primary.

Vote for whoever you want. But don’t kid yourself that you would be achieving something to bring about a conservative revolution in MA.

The best possible outcome is that Baker wins by the narrowest of margins and this shocks him (and the MA Republican party) into realizing that a lt of us really want a REPUBLICAN in office.

The best possible outcome is that Baker wins by the narrowest of margins and this shocks him (and the MA Republican party) into realizing that a lt of us really want a REPUBLICAN in office.

The thing is, most people in MA are liberal. There are more registered Democrats in MA than Republicans. And most of the unenrolled lean Democrat. Most people in MA don’t want what people on NES would call “a real Republican”.

So our choice for governor will range from a moderate to a liberal — a conservative has no chance in MA.

The thing is, most people in MA are liberal. There are more registered Democrats in MA than Republicans. And most of the unenrolled lean Democrat. Most people in MA don’t want what people on NES would call “a real Republican”.

So our choice for governor will range from a moderate to a liberal — a conservative has no chance in MA.

What was it that some forgotten NES member used to say? Something like...

"What you tolerate, you validate."

baker is the lesser of the two evils. any vote for anyone other than baker is a vote for gonzales.

Gonzales is already going to get a heavy hispanic votes just because of his name.

If he gets in we are beyond screwed.

They were playing an interview today on Howie Carr.
Baker, Tall Duval, said he was endorsing Diehl, but he would not say he was voting for him...WTF.
He later made statements saying he would "support the ticket".
I heard an add tonight with a litany of dems saying how much they love Charlie and will be voting for him.
Why wouldnt they? He is a democrat................[thinking][puke]

CharLIE has already signed a tax increase and it takes effect in 2019 IIRC. It's called the family leave act. Those of us who work need to pay some more for those that don't or want more time off for bullshit reasons.
CharLIE has done nothing for the children (I have none) under the states watch.
CharLIE has stood more times against us than with us on many issues.
CharLIE has swept how many items under the rug?
CharLIE doesn't even have the balls to support Geoff Diehl in the Senate race. He stuttered on the answer (showed his true colors) then after the debate he spit out a little vomit. How f***ing sad it that?
CharLIE does not deserve my vote. I did that the first time around. Screw me once. Shame on you. Screw me twice. Shame on me.

Overall you're not wrong. However I think you may be mistaken about FMLA (Family and Medical Leave Act). The costs associated with FMLA hits businesses. If you own a business it could be seen as a tax, but otherwise there should be no direct cost to taxpayers. We currently use the Federal FMLA rules at my place of employment, and it's a giant pain in the ass. It's relatively easy to abuse, but it doesn't offer paid time off. I believe MA FMLA is funded by a payroll tax. I wouldn't be surprised if the taxpayer would be left footing the bill if the payroll tax cannot cover the cost.

Anyone see the commercials of all the Democrat mayors of MA cities voicing their support and their vote for Baker/Polito?

Should tell you everything you need to know about him. The MA GOP ought to be ashamed of the shill he is.

If you vote for a DEM it will be worse than BAKER. Don't fool yourself into thinking otherwise.

He may not be great. But there is NOT a better candidate that can win.

In almost every election the better thing to do is vote for the lesser of the two evils.

It's not often in Massachusetts that we have a great candidate, that actually has a shot of winning!

Remember it is "Massachusetts" The liberal cancer has spread through most of the state!
if you vote for faker you are voting dem.

Overall you're not wrong. However I think you may be mistaken about FMLA (Family and Medical Leave Act). The costs associated with FMLA hits businesses. If you own a business it could be seen as a tax, but otherwise there should be no direct cost to taxpayers. We currently use the Federal FMLA rules at my place of employment, and it's a giant pain in the ass. It's relatively easy to abuse, but it doesn't offer paid time off. I believe MA FMLA is funded by a payroll tax. I wouldn't be surprised if the taxpayer would be left footing the bill if the payroll tax cannot cover the cost.

I’ve been told that the tax tables will change. You don’t get something from nothing. There is no such thing as free shit on either side.

I can take every gun I own and move it the day after the election.

I’ve been here too long as it is. Been building roots elsewhere. It won’t take a big shove for me. My retirement will take a solid hit should I depart early so I will ride it out but my guns will be safe.

I just don’t GAF anymore.

Back
Top Bottom