• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

MA Governor Race

I sent an email to the governor today, informing him that I voted for him, and I even got my wife to vote for him, the first time she ever voted Republican.

I wanted to let him know that I will not be voting for him again, due to his support for AG Healey. This is NOT what I voted for! I will vote for a democrat for the first time in my life to oust him from his office.

Has anyone else put any thought into this yet? I know it's early. My feeling is that wearing a Republican hat does not make one a republican, and I want someone that will apply due process to any new laws, and in particular gun control laws, at the very least, and not one that supports a rogue AG that just reinterprets existing law on a whim and immediately enforces it without input, review, or due process.

I'd shoot a similar email myself. Supporting AG Healy is a mistake. It's possible to NOT support her without committing political suicide, even as a Republican. Look at the Democrats in the state legislature that spoke out against her!

So, are you going for Setti Warren or perhaps waiting on fmr Dem senator Dick Wolf?

Either way you are going to get way more tax & spend and even less 2A friendly positions with those choices. There is almost no chance of a Republican challenger in the primary, so you are pretty limited in choice.

Your other option is to relocate out-of-state, of course

I sent an email to the governor today, informing him that I voted for him, and I even got my wife to vote for him, the first time she ever voted Republican.

I wanted to let him know that I will not be voting for him again, due to his support for AG Healey. This is NOT what I voted for! I will vote for a democrat for the first time in my life to oust him from his office.

Has anyone else put any thought into this yet? I know it's early. My feeling is that wearing a Republican hat does not make one a republican, and I want someone that will apply due process to any new laws, and in particular gun control laws, at the very least, and not one that supports a rogue AG that just reinterprets existing law on a whim and immediately enforces it without input, review, or due process.

2018 Will be an ideal time to send a message...a mid term election with lower voter turnout than presidential election years. Massachusetts gun owners will have a much louder and stronger presence if they take action to show that we do not approve, and that we will act accordingly.

Vote Baker out in 2018! Send a message to the party that not every compromise is acceptable.

So, are you going for Setti Warren or perhaps waiting on fmr Dem senator Dick Wolf?

Either way you are going to get way more tax & spend and even less 2A friendly positions with those choices. There is almost no chance of a Republican challenger in the primary, so you are pretty limited in choice.

And an opportunity to get a pro 2A governor in 2022.

Other than that, what's the difference between Setti Warren and Charlie Baker? At least Setti is a veteran. If I have to vote democrat, give me a veteran any day.

The real difference is in how much of the money you earn you get to keep. Setti was explicit on NightSide this week that he is going to aggressively seek revenue (i.e., tax increases) while Baker has been pretty good at holding the line on tax increases.

Setti is all in on the "millionaire tax", which is the first step in going from a single-rate system into a multi-tiered system. The millionaires will simply change their official state of residence without moving, further reducing revenues and giving the Legislature carte blanc to decide that since millionaires are too mobile - get the folks who are earning, but cant move

Baker is not going to go to the mat over 2A issues because the pro-2A folks in this state are a tiny minority. I am disappointed but this, but not surprised and since the alternatives to Baker are more damaging - I will hold my nose and vote for him.

There wont be a pro-2A gubernatorial option, in either party, in Massachusetts - ever

And an opportunity to get a pro 2A governor in 2022.

Other than that, what's the difference between Setti Warren and Charlie Baker? At least Setti is a veteran. If I have to vote democrat, give me a veteran any day.

I'm curious as to how you get less 2A friendly than Charlie?
We never took it as hard and dry even when Devalue was governor.
The man not only supported the worst constitutional butt raping we have ever taken in this state , he was in on the planning of it.
You don't think he's sign any anti gun bill that gets dropped on his desk? [rofl]

I think that Charlie Baker would likely sign 2A restrictions, Setti definitely would - as he has established his bona fides on this topic (along with sanctuary cities, single-payer healthcare, etc.) since at least 2011.

You always roll the dice with any politician and if you are a single issue voter, your options narrow further.

I'm curious as to how you get less 2A friendly than Charlie?
We never took it as hard and dry even when Devalue was governor.
The man not only supported the worst constitutional butt raping we have ever taken in this state , he was in on the planning of it.
You don't think he's sign any anti gun bill that gets dropped on his desk? [rofl]

Hilarious remembering my sisters Harvard educated, Cambridge living b.f. thinking the world was going to end because Baker got elected. Democrat-lite seeking lib approval from day one.

Oh please, he's not going to run against Healey. She'll win and Massachusetts will still be ****ed over every chance they get.

Agreed. And Lt. Governor Polito was responsive at first to my concerns at first about the ban which gave me hope, but when pressed she stopped responding. No vote next time around for me. It may be a good opportunity for us all to rally against him in order to highlight the issue. If I am not mistaken, he is even named in the NRA lawsuit.

Same old problem, it will be worse with the other guy (doesn't matter who it is).

Last edited:
"If" I'm still located here in Mass at election time WE will still be ****ed. No way around it.
His wife (in my book) runs the household. I say this only because he didn't, nor has he ever "manned up" on the TV or radio. Just listen to him on WAAF. He's a pussy.
He failed to properly represent the legal gun owners who helped get him into office. For that he should be treated like that other POS RINO Scott Brown.

Some day the legal gun owners in this state will not be treated like their counterparts.
I don't think I'll live long enough to read about it. Liberals gotta lib.

Sad that a Republican that got so many votes west of 128 backs an AG that treats gun owners like criminals.

sadly I think we're f'd. I grew up in Newton Setti Warren is full on moonbat. I cannot vote for that nutjob. We need another republican to oppose Baker. I really wish Mark Fisher had won this back in 2014

Outta luck Chuck if it wasn't for the gun owner's Croakley would have been governor now he's pretty much screwed.

This is a lose/lose-a-little-less election. Baker is the better option, and he is doing some things well.

Nose holding will be taking place.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom