• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

MA Governor Race

Bravo! Some posters here just don't understand how the dirty system created by the D's works. Same deal w/Scott Brown who is hated here, instead of him w/have Liawatha and in NH instead of him they have liberal Maggie Hassam. Hmm, who do you think is friendlier to our cause, a former Infantry Officer or 2 far left Dem women?

None of them are friendly to our cause. That's why we're having these problems and discussions. If you still get gun control with whomever you vote for they are basically one in the same. One just stabs you in the chest the other in the back.

If you vote for a DEM it will be worse than BAKER. Don't fool yourself into thinking otherwise.

He may not be great. But there is NOT a better candidate that can win.

In almost every election the better thing to do is vote for the lesser of the two evils.

It's not often in Massachusetts that we have a great candidate, that actually has a shot of winning!

Remember it is "Massachusetts" The liberal cancer has spread through most of the state!

No one ever said that the governor of Massachusetts has no authority, I think what people are saying is he has no balls.

There are people on this site that have argued that the Governor has NO authority over the AG and that he couldn't have done anything to stop her.

Either way, I will not be voting for Faker in 2018. Write-in or 3rd party. Feeding the RINO beasts hasn't done anything for us.

Selective memory or intentionally distorting the facts?

He has no authority over the AG. And he needs the support of the legislature to do anything meaningful, that is anything beyond the Executive powers (mostly just management outside of a declared emergency).

Yet she created a law without going through the legislature .
She knows what she did was illegal
He knows what she did was illegal
The legislature knows what she did was illegal.
Eventually the supreme court will rule what she did was illegal.
She does not have the authority to create laws !!
If this bullshit was done to ANY other group of people beside gun owners he would have been all over it like flies on shit !
Blacks
Gays
Hispanics
Women
Dicking with their constitutional rights would have brought a shitstorm down on her and Charlie would have been front and center leading the charge.
The one and only reason he pussed out, other than him being a spineless backstabber is "Gunz"

Yet she created a law without going through the legislature . Correct
She knows what she did was illegal Probably
He knows what she did was illegal Probably
The legislature knows what she did was illegal. Probably
Eventually the supreme court will rule what she did was illegal. Yes, this is how our gov works.
She does not have the authority to create laws !! Correct
If this bullshit was done to ANY other group of people beside gun owners he would have been all over it like flies on shit ! I agree
Blacks
Gays
Hispanics
Women
Dicking with their constitutional rights would have brought a shitstorm down on her and Charlie would have been front and center leading the charge. Not relavant, she wouldn't do this. It doesn't fit with playing to the voters.
The one and only reason he pussed out, other than him being a spineless backstabber is "Gunz" essentially yes, but it's more complicated that this. There is a bigger picture.

​See, there are FACTS we agree on.

Since my choices are a Liberal and a lite-Liberal, and the lite-Liberal has something like a 25pt lead, I can vote for whomever I want. So I think I'm gonna vote for "Go F Yourself Charlie".

Gonzales is a far left liberal whose proposals (single payer healthcare) would bankrupt the state. Gonzales would do everything he can to screw gun owners.

Baker is a moderate who looked the other way while us gun owners got screwed, but he won’t lead the charge to screw us again.

I don’t like Baker, but I will vote for him. We will be far better off with Baker as governor than Gonzales.

Plenty of Independents that would work better than Baker...

Mickey Mouse, Donald Duck, Moe, Larry, or Curly,

I'm not voting for Baker.....one of the above if I'm feeling nice that day.

Gonzales is a far left liberal whose proposals (single payer healthcare) would bankrupt the state. Gonzales would do everything he can to screw gun owners.

Baker is a moderate who looked the other way while us gun owners got screwed, but he won’t lead the charge to screw us again.

I don’t like Baker, but I will vote for him. We will be far better off with Baker as governor than Gonzales.

Baker is no moderate. He's a full fledged Democrat....nearly as left wing as the other twats. He won't lead the charge, he'll just watch us get kicked in the junk and do nothing about it. Is that any better? Really?

Let it burn with Gonzales, people will learn the hard way, businesses and working people will be taxed out of existance to pay for the state, and maybe people will wake up and change it. Or business and smart people will all just leave, which I'm in the early stages of anyway. Make it worse, and it makes my exit all the faster. The more people that leave for other states that don't support this bullshit the stronger those states become.

Right now Baker knows he's fully lost the central MA conservative vote, and the votes of business owners because he just taxed the shxt out of them with the new employee freebie bullshit. My wife said to the tune of nearly 100K a year at her place of work due to lack of state being NOT able to afford their own health insurance bullshit and the new FLMA paid by the state leave act. You know the one where he did it so we wouldn't get to vote on a sales tax decrease. Yeah..that one.

So, basically, he's now he's whoring himself to the democrats and freeloading a**h***s. Turning 180 on the people that got him elected. One thing is for certain,
he duped a shxtload of people once, and it won't happen again. We may get worse, but at least we know who our enemy is.

Do you really want to reward that???? Ask yourself the question.

Last edited:
No, he isn’t a liberal. Conservatives need to recognize that there are people in the middle and Baker is one of them (as am I).

MA voters won’t “learn” to be conservative from after a liberal governor. Did MA turn conservative after Dukakis or Patrick? No.

MA is a liberal state and will remain so. Any idea that it turn conservative is simply fantasy.

The best we can hope for out of a governor is a moderate. Our only alternative will be a liberal.

Baker is no where near "the middle" or moderate, that's more bullshit from the campaign. Not with what he just did to the businesses and taxpayers raising our taxes, gun rights and taking away our voting rights to vote down the sales tax.

Add to that... Deval was actually better for our gun rights than Baker was.....

But on principal, and I will not vote for someone that campaigned first term on conservative values, then turned 180.

But I'm tired of being a cuck to this fxcking state. I'm on my way out, I really don't care all that much, a liberal gets elected, more bs, the faster I leave. You already told me its not worth staying and fighting. You say MA will never change.....so I guess its just erosion of rights until they decide to "come and take it". And even your "moderate" Baker would let that happen, I know he would. He's a fxcking democrat.

Baker is no where near "the middle" or moderate, that's more bullshit from the campaign. Not with what he just did to the businesses and taxpayers raising our taxes, gun rights and taking away our voting rights to vote down the sales tax.

Add to that... Deval was actually better for our gun rights than Baker was.....

But on principal, and I will not vote for someone that campaigned first term on conservative values, then turned 180

I have to agree. On principal, I can't vote for him. I sent an email to him about this. Brought up his lack of support for our new Supreme Court Justice. Don't throw your base under the bus. He's nervous. In this State, And with this election, It could easily go down with those that vote along party lines.

I agree with M1911, but cannot vote for Baker...

The Charlie Baker who said that one of the reasons he wouldn't support Kavanaugh is he didn't like his stance on the second amendment ?
That Charlie Baker?
F*ck that noise.
I'll admit it if I'm wrong, but if he gets a second term, buckle up, you ain't seen nothing yet.

My parents who are registered dumbocrat boomer shitlibs were singing praises for faker when I asked them about the subject. Let that sink in. I'm not voting for that Benedict Arnold shitwad. Didnt vote for him last time and I sure as shit wont now. I'm probably going to either write in something for the lulz or just say fvck it and leave the governor field blank.

No, he isn’t a liberal. Conservatives need to recognize that there are people in the middle and Baker is one of them (as am I).

MA voters won’t “learn” to be conservative from after a liberal governor. Did MA turn conservative after Dukakis or Patrick? No.

MA is a liberal state and will remain so. Any idea that it turn conservative is simply fantasy.

The best we can hope for out of a governor is a moderate. Our only alternative will be a liberal.

That would be nice except Baker isn't a moderate at all. He's a Democrat with an R next to his name. Actually I bet if I raked through the entire house/senate in MA
I could probably find a democrat that pins to the right of him. That's how bad he is at this point.

Mitt Romney at least pretended to be moderate and tried to back that up once in awhile. Baker can't even be bothered. At least with Romney he got EOPS to f*** off and tell the AG to f*** off. Baker has none of that, he has moonbats running EOPS, quite obviously. (because they rolled out the red carpet for healey). So what good is he to gun owners, when he threw us squarely under the bus like several times now? If any ban or other horseshit comes along, he'll sign it and probably smile while doing so.

If Baker loses its basically his own fault. He can't even be bothered to throw non-moonbats (note I didnt say conservatives) a dog biscuit. This state is starting the first few really noisy toilet swirls, just like CT went through not long ago...

I guess Baker is a moderate if this Gonzalez character is Ocasio-Cortez level, but that's not saying much. That's like choosing between two different terminal diseases.

Look at the thing ProGun just posted... he can't even be bothered to vote for Lieawatha's opponent. [rofl] What good is Baker?

-Mike

When you are conservative in a state like Massachusetts you have to vote for whoever aligns with your beliefs the closest, even if they are squishy like Baker. To vote for a more extreme independent right wing candidate in Massachusetts is just helping the opposition.

When you are conservative in a state like Massachusetts you have to vote for whoever aligns with your beliefs the closest, even if they are squishy like Baker. To vote for a more extreme independent right wing candidate in Massachusetts is just helping the opposition.

Normally I'd be apt to agree, EG, "perfect is the enemy of the good" but arguing for Baker at this point is like ? so maybe he can appoint some slightly less shitty judges, and then still vote to steal your guns etc, and still vote with the dems pretty much the majority of the time. A box of rocks is more "moderate".

I wouldn't vote for lively either, but basically at this point non moonbats are in an untenable position. Vote for the cancer you know, or the cancer you don't know!!! great.

Then again anyone paying close attention saw this coming; the rapid outflux of non-moonbats and "middle" people combined with a a slight influx of more moonbats... we'll be at CT retard levels in probably 5 years or
less.

-Mike

It's such a complicated issue. Do you believe in the lesser of two evils? I do, so I will go ahead and play the stupid game of politics because I value many different issues. I do my best to avoid weighing one too heavily over another. I totally understand why people don't want to vote for Baker when in this sort of situation. He's clearly liberal, but he is also clearly a liberal republican. He's not a moonbat that will side with BLM and their identity politics like a democrat would. He's not trying to raise our taxes despite governing a state full of people who always seem eager to vote away other people's money (whether they know it or not). Look at the MBTA issues. Loony democrats like Mahty Walsh and the Boston city councillors are demanding we pour more cash into a broken organization. Baker opposed that and instead opted to put focus on repairing the organization with a people and process first approach. He fought to keep leverage against the unions in the MBTA revamp. That's how you fix a broken organization and it's certainly not what any actual democrat would ever do. There are some positive things about Baker as a republican, but none of them are attractive and they don't draw the same attention as other decisions.

It sucks that we are forced to make those decisions in this state. It's a fact though, that actual democrats are more of a risk to your values overall than a liberal democrat. As a conservative, or even a libertarian, actual democrats these days line up way too often on the wrong side of too many important issues. I know he's bad on many things and those are things I will never let him off the hook for. I firmly believe that this Massachusetts has potential to field even better Republican (libertarian/conservative/right) governors in the future. I don't even think it would be limited to governors. The way to win this game is to build on the successes of these candidates and slowly build more conservative ideas and policies on platforms that have been proven to work.

Mass will never have a Greg Anbott for governor. If all we do is tear away at the wins we do get, we will never change anything.

2018 MA governor election sounds just like the 2012 presidential election. 2 losers trying to outloser the other, I'm writing in someone.

I agree!!! NRA rating for Charlie is a solid "D".....for Gonzales it is a hard "F". It is the lesser of two evils. We DO NOT want Gonzales anywhere near the Govs. mansion.

Back
Top Bottom