• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

MA Governor Race

Except he's not a Republican. He has an R next to his name so the progressives here in MA can try and claim diversity in the pols.

This, and so the media will be able to say "look" see who the most popular republican is? Emulate him and be popular! In other words....be a democrat.

Don't care anymore who we get for governor....not voting for a fake republican. Let it burn down with the democrats, and let them try and take all the rights away. That's the only way it will swing the other way, by waking people up.

If faker agrees to grow some balls and stand up to the commies, I'll vote for him, but since that won't happen, I'll not be voting. Nobody who is worth a shit will ever win the position of governor in this cesspool.

This, and so the media will be able to say "look" see who the most popular republican is? Emulate him and be popular! In other words....be a democrat.

Don't care anymore who we get for governor....not voting for a fake republican. Let it burn down with the democrats, and let them try and take all the rights away. That's the only way it will swing the other way, by waking people up.

As much as I agree with your last paragraph, this is an extremely dangerous thing to do in MA, especially if the other side is Maura Healey. It is equivalent to the SCOTUS if Hillary was elected PUTOS. It can cause irreversible damage or at least will take generations to repair if Maura is elected governor, way beyond your and my years on this earth and I'm not sure I am willing to take that chance. She already caused what seems to be an irreversible damage before she even got to the corner office.

As much as I agree with your last paragraph, this is an extremely dangerous thing to do in MA, especially if the other side is Maura Healey. It is equivalent to the SCOTUS if Hillary was elected PUTOS. It can cause irreversible damage or at least will take generations to repair if Maura is elected governor, way beyond your and my years on this earth and I'm not sure I am willing to take that chance. She already caused what seems to be an irreversible damage before she even got to the corner office.

If you talked to me last election, I would have agreed with you. I voted for that *******. Now, after again (Romney) getting kicked in the balls, Im done with this game.

There will definitely be damage.....so bad that either people wake up and take their rights back, or leave. That's pretty much how Trump got elected.....now MA is so full of moonbats, that type of thing won't likely happen. But they will die a slow death when they can't afford their liberal ideas because the makers have left and the takers have stayed to collect.

Voting for a RINO will only slow the change....it will never reverse it.

My plan is not to wait a lifetime...it is to leave. It has always been..... I'm done wasting my time here hoping for the best, this state is beyond hopeless in my opinion. Unfortunate. But I'm not getting any younger, and I'm sick of my freedom being taken from me.

Call me whatever for not staying and fighting, but to me the smart people moved on years ago.

Last edited:
There will definitely be damage.....so bad that either people wake up and take their rights back, or leave. That's pretty much how Trump got elected.....now MA is so full of moonbats, that type of thing won't likely happen. But they will die a slow death when they can't afford their liberal ideas because the makers have left and the takers have stayed to collect.

Voting for a RINO will only slow the change....it will never reverse it.

My plan is not to wait a lifetime...it is to leave. It has always been..... I'm done wasting my time here hoping for the best, this state is beyond hopeless in my opinion. Unfortunate. But I'm not getting any younger, and I'm sick of my freedom being taken from me.

Call me whatever for not staying and fighting, but to me the smart people moved on years ago.

Again, agree with you. I too am planning on leaving in 4-5 years when my wife can retire. Now come to think of it, when all the makers will be gone and the state will be filled with takers as you said it, question is will her benefits that she stays in working for be available to her.

If faker agrees to grow some balls and stand up to the commies, I'll vote for him, but since that won't happen, I'll not be voting. Nobody who is worth a shit will ever win the position of governor in this cesspool.
No true conservative could ever get elected for Governor, Senator,etc. in this far left State. We live among the clueless coastal elite and never forget, they hate us more than they hate our real enemies.

No, we need someone to pretend to be Elizabeth Warren, but is really a pro-gun, true libertarian.

Bait-and-switch candidate in our favor that dupes the Dems.

Mass is a lost cause. Our choice will be Baker the RINO, or a democrat. I'm guessing no one here wants to support a RINO. This is how we got Liawatha for a senator. Brown was a RINO too, but compared to Old Gray Pelt he's practically Ronald Reagan. Screw it. I'm moving west soon anyway. Y'all are fahucked.

All you folks that are moving elsewhere shortly, please do those of us that have to remain here for a bit longer (parents that live with me and kids in school) a solid and vote for the Republican - regardless of how badly you think that person has screwed you/the state

Yes, I agree that what passes for Republican here is the equivalent to a godless communist in most other states - but that is the hand we have been dealt and there isnt a chance in hell that we are getting a solid middle-of-the-road conservative in the State House's corner office anytime soon.

Voting against the RINO or blanking the gubernatorial ticket has the same net effect as voting for the democratic candidate

Who's the worst of all? Warren or Healy ?

Warren is just a kiss ass power hungry witch, but Healey really wants to hurt us and to rob us of our rights. I don't even think Warren cares about gun rights. Once Warren lines her pockets with cash she will just move on. But after Healey finishes with us almost every rifle and pistol will be banned. As governor Healey will be unstoppable.

Warren is just a kiss ass power hungry witch, but Healey really wants to hurt us and to rob us of our rights. I don't even think Warren cares about gun rights. Once Warren lines her pockets with cash she will just move on. But after Healey finishes with us almost every rifle and pistol will be banned. As governor Healey will be unstoppable.

this * 1000

I sent an email to the governor today, informing him that I voted for him, and I even got my wife to vote for him, the first time she ever voted Republican.

I wanted to let him know that I will not be voting for him again, due to his support for AG Healey. This is NOT what I voted for! I will vote for a democrat for the first time in my life to oust him from his office.

Has anyone else put any thought into this yet? I know it's early. My feeling is that wearing a Republican hat does not make one a republican, and I want someone that will apply due process to any new laws, and in particular gun control laws, at the very least, and not one that supports a rogue AG that just reinterprets existing law on a whim and immediately enforces it without input, review, or due process.

The Dems that are running against him "suck even more than he does"

But the Governor of this state has no authority.
Or so I've been told here time and again.

Baker might have sky high approval ratings from registered (D)s but given the chance to vote for a (D) which isn't a total turn off stay home candidate like Coakley and they'll take a medicore (D) over an (R) they love any time.

Setti Warren can bank on 99% of the (D) vote this go round and most of the (I) vote in this state, as most of the (I)s are NPR listening (D)s that like to pretend they aren't boot lickers for one political party or another.

But the Governor of this state has no authority.
Or so I've been told here time and again.

Selective memory or intentionally distorting the facts?

He has no authority over the AG. And he needs the support of the legislature to do anything meaningful, that is anything beyond the Executive powers (mostly just management outside of a declared emergency).

Selective memory or intentionally distorting the facts?

He has no authority over the AG. And he needs the support of the legislature to do anything meaningful, that is anything beyond the Executive powers (mostly just management outside of a declared emergency).

I must have missed it, when did he contact the legislature again? When did he issue a press release that he opposed the AGs action? Did he reply or even acknowledge GOAL?

1-n-done

I must have missed it, when did he contact the legislature again? When did he issue a press release that he opposed the AGs action? Did he reply or even acknowledge GOAL?

1-n-done

Do you guys just not know how the government works?

No he didn't stand there beating his chest. What good would that have done? It would only have encouraged the AG and emboldened her supporters. Believe me, I talked to a number of Dems, many acknowledged that she usurped the authority of the legislature but they were all ready to support her and drive the Dem controlled Legislature into making her decree into law. This is reality, you can scream 2a all you want but this is what you would have gotten.

Instead Baker sent a letter, along with the EOPS, questioning her actions and the confusion her statement had caused. Think strategically for a minute. That letter will show up in the NSSF case as proof that what she did is vague, beyond her authority, and caused confusion. This is at the root of the case. The fact that she didn't even respond to this letter, and the letter from some of the Legislature are going to be a great help. Our best chance is the courts (scares me just to say that), and if we can get one more judge in SCOTUS before it reaches them we will have a very good chance of success.

Everyone knows the bills filed will never see the floor for a vote, and if they did they would fail, and if Baker had taken a loud and hard stand all he would have done is commit political suicide and the next Governor would have run on a platform of codifying the AG's actions. Huge potential for a loss and none for a win.

But I can see that Baker not standing up and shaking his fist while he shouted about the Evil AG is a problem for for some. And so you will do what you can to help get a Dem as Governor. And if that happens, and you see the even stricter gun laws being passed (particularly one codifying the AG's "reinterpretation" (and killing the NSSF suit), remember I told you so. Have fun in the hell you help to create.

Let's not kid ourselves... Baker also isn't an ardent 2A supporter. I do think he's doing a pretty good job running the state, and as someone who's not a 1 issue voter he'll get my vote next time around. Even if I were... it can always be worse.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Let's not kid ourselves... Baker also isn't an ardent 2A supporter. I do think he's doing a pretty good job running the state, and as someone who's not a 1 issue voter he'll get my vote next time around. Even if I were... it can always be worse.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

I do agree he isn't an ardent supporter of 2a, but he isn't anti either. I think of him as not actively trying to make it worse and planting a seed that might help in the courts.

And it could be worse.

Do you guys just not know how the government works?

No he didn't stand there beating his chest. What good would that have done? It would only have encouraged the AG and emboldened her supporters. Believe me, I talked to a number of Dems, many acknowledged that she usurped the authority of the legislature but they were all ready to support her and drive the Dem controlled Legislature into making her decree into law. This is reality, you can scream 2a all you want but this is what you would have gotten.

Instead Baker sent a letter, along with the EOPS, questioning her actions and the confusion her statement had caused. Think strategically for a minute. That letter will show up in the NSSF case as proof that what she did is vague, beyond her authority, and caused confusion. This is at the root of the case. The fact that she didn't even respond to this letter, and the letter from some of the Legislature are going to be a great help. Our best chance is the courts (scares me just to say that), and if we can get one more judge in SCOTUS before it reaches them we will have a very good chance of success.

Everyone knows the bills filed will never see the floor for a vote, and if they did they would fail, and if Baker had taken a loud and hard stand all he would have done is commit political suicide and the next Governor would have run on a platform of codifying the AG's actions. Huge potential for a loss and none for a win.

But I can see that Baker not standing up and shaking his fist while he shouted about the Evil AG is a problem for for some. And so you will do what you can to help get a Dem as Governor. And if that happens, and you see the even stricter gun laws being passed (particularly one codifying the AG's "reinterpretation" (and killing the NSSF suit), remember I told you so. Have fun in the hell you help to create.
Bravo! Some posters here just don't understand how the dirty system created by the D's works. Same deal w/Scott Brown who is hated here, instead of him w/have Liawatha and in NH instead of him they have liberal Maggie Hassam. Hmm, who do you think is friendlier to our cause, a former Infantry Officer or 2 far left Dem women?

Back
Top Bottom