• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

MA Governor Race

Really? I guess it depends on what you mean by "leadership".. do you mean the big 3.. gov/sen. prez/house spkr? then ...maybe... really? Ok.. Stan Rosenburg is at the bottom of that short list.. maybe tossup for the other 2..

Yes, MA is led by those 3. Of them, DeLeo is the most powerful. He runs the house with an iron fist, whereas Rosenberg's style is more collaborative. The only reason taxes haven't been going up faster than they have is because DeLeo hasn't allowed it. Rosenberg loves taxes, and Baker would be powerless to stop them if DeLeo and Rosenberg agreed.

Baker or one of the dems is like a decision which finger to chop off. You must choose one. Do you want to just lose a little bit, say the pinky, or a lot, your first finger.

Yes, MA is led by those 3. Of them, DeLeo is the most powerful. He runs the house with an iron fist, whereas Rosenberg's style is more collaborative. The only reason taxes haven't been going up faster than they have is because DeLeo hasn't allowed it. Rosenberg loves taxes, and Baker would be powerless to stop them if DeLeo and Rosenberg agreed.

yes.. agreed.. when you said leadership.. I wasn't sure if you included the minority leadership as well.

Sorry, but unless the Dem candidate is really a conservative and just running as D to appease the moonbats... I cannot vote for them just to unseat CB.

I'll do a write in... drgrant for governor.

It's not just Charlie that needs a message sent.
It's our useless as tits on a bull GOP in this state.
Keeps sending us RINO's and watch your coffers dwindle.
I had some hope that even though it might of come to nothing ,the other so called republicans in this state would at least raise hell after Maura's shit show.
Other than their "Strongly worded letter " they seem to have slunk off to the bowels of the state house to collect their checks and carry on as usual.
Call me sucking around for donations , I dare you.

Last edited:
Sorry, but unless the Dem candidate is really a conservative and just running as D to appease the moonbats... I cannot vote for them just to unseat CB.

I'll do a write in... drgrant for governor.

Although I'm not sure drgrant is our candidate, it seems like if all of the 2a supporters in the state could get a solid write in campaign going for a REAL republican who truly supports the 2nd, and cause the dems to win over Baker, that would force the Republican Party to look at trotting out someone we approve of in 2022. Im looking at 2018 as a lost cause considering whether it's Charlie's fake ass, or one of the dems, we lose. If the brain trust here decides drgrant is the best option, I'm in!

I gave up on MA long ago. Only here because of family, so I cant move too far.. searching for places to live in NH is my only option. Cannot wait to get the hell out of the Communist Commonwealth...

He thinks he is going to earn some D voters. good luck with that strategy.

since my wife is far more "moderate" or middle ground type than myself, I use her as a barometer of who is going to win or lose. even she calls Charlie an empty suit sell out to the left....so when it comes to 2018 election he is hosed. I sure as hell will not vote for him again (don't give me this "lesser of two evils" BS).

I wonder if a guy like Greg Hill or Howie Carr would have a shot in MA for Governor. They seem like regular guys who can cross party lines but remain somewhat objective over any MA dem.

Too many Dems are blind & deaf. I spoke with a woman at the checkout at Walmart, who was complaining about not having enough money and taxes being too high. I asked if she heard that DeLeo was working on raising taxes because of a budget gap - after his $50K raise he voted for himself. She said, ohh - is he a Republican? No, he's a Democrat he's speaker of the Mass House and an un-endicted co-conspirator. Ohh well, I still hate the Republicans.

That is how we end up with Dems in power, unchecked and unchallenged.

Don't get me wrong, NEVER voting for Charlie (never have come to think of it)

sorry_charlie.jpg

I called his office twice the week of the Healey decree. The first time to ask for his support and the second time (after her didn't show up at the rally) to tell him to save a big cardboard box. He'll be needing it to clean out his personal belongings new election. I don't think I can bring myself to vote for a Dem, but blanking that race will result in him losing anyway. We already have a Dem, so what's the difference.

The lesson here is that there is still PLENTY OF TIME to get a decent candidate.

This is where the rubber meets the road.

The lesson here is that there is still PLENTY OF TIME to get a decent candidate.

This is where the rubber meets the road.

The problem is the Baker wing strongly controls the GOP State Committee. IMNSHO it's going to require the emergence of a Trump-scale anti-establishment candidate to defeat Faker in the primary, smack down the ruling Dem-lites at the state convention, and then beat a full-on moonbat (Healey?) in the general election. Unfortunately I haven't seen such a person, yet.

One of his biggest points he was running on was reforming welfare. He has done absolutely nothing with it that I can see and EBT fraud is still live and well.

I sent an email to the governor today, informing him that I voted for him, and I even got my wife to vote for him, the first time she ever voted Republican.

I wanted to let him know that I will not be voting for him again, due to his support for AG Healey. This is NOT what I voted for! I will vote for a democrat for the first time in my life to oust him from his office.

Has anyone else put any thought into this yet? I know it's early. My feeling is that wearing a Republican hat does not make one a republican, and I want someone that will apply due process to any new laws, and in particular gun control laws, at the very least, and not one that supports a rogue AG that just reinterprets existing law on a whim and immediately enforces it without input, review, or due process.

So, you have a guy that will watch you get beat up but do nothing.

You have another guy that will encourage people to beat you up and even help beat you up...

And you want to vote for the second one.

[Face palm]

I care more about my Constitutional rights than I do political party.

I'd rather pay more taxes than have the 2A stripped from me. I'm not down with the folks who fear higher taxes more than they fear losing their second amendment rights. I don't even understand that kind of thinking.

If taxes go up, they can go back down.

Losing your 2A rights is forever.

What in the world are you people thinking?

Can you tell me whos running that is more 2A friendly?

You seem to say you will vote for the other guy because he is better but never mention the other guy.

Also, TAXES NEVER GO DOWN.

Charlie could have stopped all this Healy bullshit like a true rino he didn't even try.He had a chance to throw a chock under the wheel but he just stood by and watched the bus roll over us. As far as the second ammendment goes Charlie will never have our backs its almost been a whole year since all this Healy bullshit he had more than enough time to pull an excutive order and reel some of this stuff in if he truly cared about the 2A and Ma. Gun owners.

Charlie could have stopped all this Healy bullshit like a true rino he didn't even try.He had a chance to throw a chock under the wheel but he just stood by and watched the bus roll over us. As far as the second ammendment goes Charlie will never have our backs its almost been a whole year since all this Healy bullshit he had more than enough time to pull an excutive order and reel some of this stuff in if he truly cared about the 2A and Ma. Gun owners.

Worst than that, unless she was lying (and he never denied it ) he was in on it with her.
But we have to vote for him because he has an (R) next to his name. [rolleyes]
I promise he will sign any piece of anti 2A legislation that hits his desk no matter how outrageous , But we have to vote for him because we could end up with someone who will have a (D) after their name who would do exactly the same. [banghead]
He's in office because we just don't learn.

Worst than that, unless she was lying (and he never denied it ) he was in on it with her.
But we have to vote for him because he has an (R) next to his name. [rolleyes]
I promise he will sign any piece of anti 2A legislation that hits his desk no matter how outrageous , But we have to vote for him because we could end up with someone who will have a (D) after their name who would do exactly the same. [banghead]
He's in office because we just don't learn.

True. He will not be in office for much longer though. He went the route of Scott Brown and completely turned his back on those that got him elected to satiate those that will never vote for him

The 2A recognizes our right to keep and bear arms it does not give us the right. You can only lose the right if you surrender it. As far as elections go in Ma. we are stuck with shit no matter how you vote because there aren't enough pro RKBA people in Ma. There are too many people that expect and want the nanny state.

I care more about my Constitutional rights than I do political party.

I'd rather pay more taxes than have the 2A stripped from me. I'm not down with the folks who fear higher taxes more than they fear losing their second amendment rights. I don't even understand that kind of thinking.

If taxes go up, they can go back down.

Losing your 2A rights is forever.

What in the world are you people thinking?

Really? How? Last I heard the Governor didn't have the authority to override or dictate policy to the AG. His letter was a good move . It shows that there is confusion, this will help in court. He could have spoken up, but I wonder what good it would have done? More than likely it would have just solidified the R legislatures against us.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom