• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

MA Governor Race

Staying home that day. (Not) Sorry Charlie

Don't stay home. Leave the governor's portion of the ballot blank if you must, but vote for MA rep, MA senate, town administrator, dog catcher, something! Somewhere on the ballot there is at least one race that might, just might, make a difference, if only locally.

We live in a Communist State. Since when did we begin to believe that we had the power to influence anything here? Tall Deval is a Democrat for sure and even then the Communists hate him. Healey would likely beat him.

It's over for Massachusetts. The best we can hope for is Federal Courts protecting us from our AG who believes that the Constitution has become irrelevant.

I sent an email to the governor today, informing him that I voted for him, and I even got my wife to vote for him, the first time she ever voted Republican.

I wanted to let him know that I will not be voting for him again, due to his support for AG Healey. This is NOT what I voted for! I will vote for a democrat for the first time in my life to oust him from his office.

Has anyone else put any thought into this yet? I know it's early. My feeling is that wearing a Republican hat does not make one a republican, and I want someone that will apply due process to any new laws, and in particular gun control laws, at the very least, and not one that supports a rogue AG that just reinterprets existing law on a whim and immediately enforces it without input, review, or due process.

No matter how bad he is there is ALWAYS another Democrat worse than him!

I will not vote Democrat!

I vote every time. Even when it was Scotty v. Liawatha aka. Fauxcahauntis aka. The Fake Indian aka Granny Warren - I signed in, took my ballot and turned it in blank. It was the only race on the ballot that day - not even another uncontested race.

When in doubt - vote against the incumbent is a good rule of thumb.

I care more about my Constitutional rights than I do political party.

I'd rather pay more taxes than have the 2A stripped from me. I'm not down with the folks who fear higher taxes more than they fear losing their second amendment rights. I don't even understand that kind of thinking.

If taxes go up, they can go back down.

Losing your 2A rights is forever.

What in the world are you people thinking?

Here is the problem what if healey throws her hat in then what and yiu think setti warren or the other guy Gonzalez is going to help us or hurt us I still believe tall deval is our best bet and it sucks but what are you going to do

sadly I think we're f'd. I grew up in Newton Setti Warren is full on moonbat. I cannot vote for that nutjob. We need another republican to oppose Baker. I really wish Mark Fisher had won this back in 2014
For such a moonbat, I was pretty surprised when he came down hard on Newton North for their plans to expel the 4 students who drove around the parking lot with a Confederate Flag.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Here is the problem what if healey throws her hat in then what and yiu think setti warren or the other guy Gonzalez is going to help us or hurt us I still believe tall deval is our best bet and it sucks but what are you going to do

If you don't teach them a lesson at the voting booth, then they will never learn.

CB turned his back on gun owners and he should pay the price, regardless of the consequences. If not, his next step will be to run for Congress, then probably the WH. F him.

I'll vote for his dem opponent **** him, he's a democrat anyway. I told his office I'd vote against him no matter who ran against him over the AG BS and I meant it.

POS hasn't done one "republican" thing since taking office. Spineless coward.

It really is an interesting discussion; the number of people who will actively vote against Baker because he didnt do enough to oppose Healy - which will insure that they get a governor named Healy or Warren

Last edited:
Everyone is going to teach him a lesson, show him the consequences of his actions, vote dem, or stay home. It all sounds so righteous. But without a viable candidate that will improve the situation you are literally voting to make the situation worse for yourself and others.

I don't like the situation, but I'll go with minimizing the damage over sitting on the sidelines and watching the world burn. Please, give me a better choice.

Why would any true Republican want the governor's job in MA? Anything you propose is going to be shot down in the legislature, and anything you veto will be overridden. Seriously, other than showing up at ribbon-cuttings, what's the point?

I hate when CB is on the Hillman Morning Show WAAF. Gregg Hill loves him. I remember one time when someone called in asking if he'd rethink his views on the AWB. He straight up said no as he feels the laws are appropriate. sounds like what Adolf Healy would say..

I agree with EC--he is too popular among Dems for a one and done. I will not vote for him again but I cannot vote D. Maybe I'll dream of daffodils and butterflies and vote green party.[rolleyes]

If you take the I,ll show him attitude and dopey the democrat wins because you didn't vote then won,t it be your fault when we become just like California??

This is a lose/lose-a-little-less election. Baker is the better option, and he is doing some things well.

Doing what well? He hasn't even flushed the toilet in a lot of agencies after Uhaul left. At least when Romney was governor he flushed out EOPS and had/kept a non commie running it. Len might correct me on this but I think they still have a commie in the corner office there. Now one might ask, why is this important? Under Romney EOPS told the AG to go **** themselves whenever they wanted to dip into gun owner records and that kind of thing. Apparently, according to this stuff that transpired after 7/20, EOPS is allowing the AG some better level of access than was previously established, although I have no way of verifying this claim, but I've heard it from a few sources.

-Mike

Bob DeLeo is the closest thing to a conservative we have in Massachusetts leadership. I am a lifelong Republican, but will not be voting for Baker. I'll leave that race blank, or maybe write in Mark Fisher.

Bob DeLeo is the closest thing to a conservative we have in Massachusetts leadership.

Really? I guess it depends on what you mean by "leadership".. do you mean the big 3.. gov/sen. prez/house spkr? then ...maybe... really? Ok.. Stan Rosenburg is at the bottom of that short list.. maybe tossup for the other 2..

Back
Top Bottom