MA AG SUED GLOCK INC AND REMINGTON ARMS...

It's always the person who has the deepest pockets who is at fault. Personal responsibility is a thing of the past.
Part of the problem is the contingency fee counsel is allowed to probe the depth of the pocket prior to initiating any legal action. This means that a high limit policy not only protects you from a judgement or settlement, but also increases the chances there will be one.

Jesus ****ing christ! There is no such thing as an accidental discharge! It's a ****ing negligent discharge, and you are responsible for it! I truly cannot comprehend people who don't grasp this simple concept. These are the same kind of whiny little shits who refuse to accept responsibility for anything in this world.

Amen, brother (without the name-calling). I have had two NDs in 40 years.

ladies and germs, a point of info, I see this foia stuff al over irt state gov. It does not apply to the states.

FOIA only applies to agencies of the federal government (note this means it also does not apply to Congress or the Judicial branch). It does not allow you to get information from state or local governments. However, most state and local governments are covered by state public records laws.

Thanks for for the clarification W.E.C, I had never looked into one so I was not aware of what information you provided.

Could a FOIA request get us a copy of the AG's request to the manufactors?

Don't know, probably considered as part of an "on-going investigation" and would not be released.

re W.E.C.: FOIA, I think, is just being used as shorthand in the various threads. Similar idea relative to MA public record laws. To be precise we should be referencing relevant public record laws but, being a forum, I think we understand what is being said.

I'm 2 weeks away and I'd love to see kahr and s+w move out of state. And every resident in state with an ltc to move too. Let her have her liberal utopia and let it burn the f*** down on her.

Everyone moving will not solve anything since there are crazy ass moonbats in every state that want to take away all guns. But I will grant you it is less likely to pass in some states.

I am content to stay and fight for the cause, like in the movie "300".

There is a lot to like here, so I will not be driven off by tyrants.

577611520.jpg
skeletor-super-7-wow-677x381.jpg

For you 8000 buyers who do not appear to be Leo's ,
she has your name and addresses,
guess what happens if she prevails in this case?

I'm one of those 8000. Since I'm already a felon by buying/building rifles that complied with MA laws, I'm not too worried about the additional felony from owning those dangerous Glocks. Seems that I can become "more felonious" every day in this state! [rolleyes]

While I haven't been charged yet for my many misdeeds, I am worried that if this continues I may wind up on "double-secret probation."

Maura is really going off the rails with this crusade. I don't expect any MA court to fix this, especially since some MA courts can't even grasp the fact that a 'License To Carry' in MA really isn't a license to carry in many cases.

The MA legislature does have the power to fix this, and could do so quickly. I'm not holding my breath for that to happen.

Welcome to the People's Republic of Massachusetts! I'm waiting for Maura to issue a decree that the bow and arrows on the state seal are illegal versions of banned weapons.

re W.E.C.: FOIA, I think, is just being used as shorthand in the various threads. Similar idea relative to MA public record laws. To be precise we should be referencing relevant public record laws but, being a forum, I think we understand what is being said.[/QUOTE]

Anyone who looks into ma. Public records requests or the law will realize it's pretty much non existent , and there are no remedies for an agency not complying .

Those references of examples are ****ing ridiculous. One is alcohol related, second is a baby got hold of a gun and the third is a cop with a conversion kit on his "baby glock" All of which, the gun didn't mysteriously go off. All negligent.

Welcome to the People's Republic of Massachusetts! I'm waiting for Maura to issue a decree that the bow and arrows on the state seal are illegal versions of banned weapons.

Since compound bows were not around when the 2nd amendment was written, they should now be considered "Assault Bows" and make no mistake, they are illegal. [rolleyes]

I've never had an ND and hope I never do. That being said, would you consider this a negligent discharge? Honest question. Sorry to derail the conversation.

[video]https://youtu.be/fk1EjQMq16Q?t=37s[/video]

This is a great argument
  • Glocks can be sold only to law enforcement officers in Massachusetts, because consumer sales are banned under state law. As such, Glock argues, Healey is misusing her investigative powers “for the ulterior purpose of harassing an out-of-state company that does not engage in in-state consumer sales.”

I sent an email to the articles author explaining that the sale of Glocks in MA is not against the law it is against an AG "Regulation". The unfortunate thing about this quote is that it shows that Glock has abandoned MA.

I'm going back to bed now.

Since I am such a heavy sleeper.
Instead of just busting down the front door.
Please just knock the whole house down!

I've never had an ND and hope I never do. That being said, would you consider this a negligent discharge? Honest question. Sorry to derail the conversation.

[video]https://youtu.be/fk1EjQMq16Q?t=37s[/video]
AD not ND.

re W.E.C.: FOIA, I think, is just being used as shorthand in the various threads. Similar idea relative to MA public record laws. To be precise we should be referencing relevant public record laws but, being a forum, I think we understand what is being said.

Anyone who looks into ma. Public records requests or the law will realize it's pretty much non existent , and there are no remedies for an agency not complying .

I, for one, have a gap in knowledge in MA public records law. I think I may try following up by speaking with a couple of investigative reporters I've crossed paths with. Get their feedback on how things actually work on the ground and such. Though, I have a feeling they have to resort to lawsuits on a regular basis. Any questions anyone would like to ask?

she picks and toes she steps on, the more support we can gain to remove her from office.

I wish you were correct, but by controlling the media she gets to spin it so that the sheeple (that hate/fear guns anyway) would throw more support her way, not ours!

But if put yourself in her high heels? You'd realize you have literally nothing to lose with the larger percent of Massachusetts public when it comes to anything involving the owners of those g*ddamned evil g-g-g-GUNS that a "small percentage" of MA citizens keep and bear...

Completely agree here.

The legislature and the governor better nip this in the bud quickly, or there will be problems.

Wish it would happen, but none of them have the balls to do anything about her other than writing an occasional "very sternly worded letter" (sounds like the Big Zero, doesn't it)!

Here we have several Glocks sitting by themselves. I will check back periodically to see of any of them have discharged any rounds.

Here we have several more Glocks with magazines removed and slides locked back. I will also be monitoring these Glocks to see how many of them get up, load themselves with the full magazines, rack their own slides and fire themselves. I will also be watching to see if they assist each other or if they act as lone wolf self loading, self racking, self firing Glocks.

In the meantime I will be chasing my refrigerator because I got a call from someone who told me I better go catch it because it's running. [rolleyes]

Healey has truly gone off the deep end. Between here 7/20 AWB action, the ExxonMobil standoff, and now this. As far as I can tell, Glock had pretty much written off the state of MA and said "fine, we just won't sell to consumers in MA", and she STILL goes after them. She's poked the bear one too many times.

#HealeyResignNow

Those references of examples are ****ing ridiculous. One is alcohol related, second is a baby got hold of a gun and the third is a cop with a conversion kit on his "baby glock" All of which, the gun didn't mysteriously go off. All negligent.

You know that and I (and most here) know that. BUT the public doesn't and she and her ilk control the media. Who do you think they will believe??

That's the problem, she's very effectively using the court of public opinion on her side to win her cases.

The obvious move from here on it is to make absolutely sure she does not get reelected in MA. To take it a step further, make sure Clinton does not elected as POTUS, so she isn't dragged in to pull this bullshit on a federal level.

and a Massachusetts man who was dancing at a July 4th party when his Glock handgun fired while it was in his pocket.

umm, no it didn't. That's the lie the moron told the authorities. What actually happened, most likely, is this shit nozzle was pocket carrying without a holster and was fondling the ****ing thing in his pocket and pulled the trigger. Sorry but the glock design makes it patently impossible for the gun to just randomly go off.

Not sure if a primer could spontaneously pop somehow and cause an AD, but that would be an ammo issue and not Glock's fault.

IANAL but...

I believe she is on a fishing expedition. I think she sent these requests to all the major manufactures and so far Glock and Remington are the only ones to Sue. This looks like an effort to find instances where the manufactures could be help liable for issues with their products that were fixed under warranty or the companies were otherwise notified of an issue. Without an affected party from MA I don't think she has standing for a suit.

I think her objective is to make the MA market as unappealing as possible and choke the supply of legal firearms.

The governor probably doesn't have the balls, but he does have the power to call the Legislature back to special sessions. If called back to special session, we would see just how fast they can get something passed.

Would we be wasting our time by trying to get him to do this not knowing which way the legislature would vote on this?

Back
Top Bottom