MA AG SUED GLOCK INC AND REMINGTON ARMS...

Truly emboldened by the corrupt judges ruling against Comm2A in the Glock case!!

I dare say that she is the most dangerous MA AG we've had in all my years on this earth!

I have no doubt that she'll win this case too, just like the above-mentioned case. The judges around here are all in her pocket.

Or her bed!

I know many of you folks here hate Cops and Fudds. If you seriously believe the majority of real boots-on-the-ground Commonwealth Cops are not behind the people on this issue, then you might as well join BLM and start shooting us............

I'd like to see some participation in the struggle from traditional hunting circles and my friends in blue, nonetheless, if police departments and officers themselves are just as hurt by these unjust laws it would help motivate the masses.

Yeah there's been a real groundswell of cops speaking out against the AG. I'm just worried they're being TOO aggressive about it.

If this is all so well and good, and police are just like us, how about they put together a bill to remove all exemptions, so they can REALLY be subject to same laws as everyone else?

For the record, most cops are good. I went to the Tarentino memorial ceremony, and generally support them. I do not think asking for a little support back is asking too much.

Last edited:
I know many of you folks here hate Cops and Fudds. If you seriously believe the majority of real boots-on-the-ground Commonwealth Cops are not behind the people on this issue, then you might as well join BLM and start shooting us............

Don't let a few loudmouths give you the impression that most NES-ers feel this way. I don't.

I will call it as I see it when there are problems. We have had a few problem cops in my local area but most are good community 'protect and serve' types. I've run across some real A-holes in Boston, but they are just mirroring the general culture of the area. I really don't get the hate for Staties- I have only had few encounters, but the Staties were always professional and polite. I have many friends and family members in law enforcement, including local, state, and federal. They are all nice people and all but one are strongly pro 2A.

I suspect that some of the loudmouths complaining about lack of support from LEO probably don't consider that there are probably many who just support from their private lives and don't make a big deal about being an OOTL. I know I talked to a couple at the State House rally.

I do have a big problem with FUDDs who actually promote gun control for everything except what they own. Turncoats.

I contacted Senator Jen Flanagan's office to point out that taxpayers will be on the hook funding a defense stemming from this request, which was yet another Healey publicity stunt.

Healey really should have done some research about neglect discharges.

I could have suggested the same technical reference I use...

[video=youtube_share;X6bbXgUNOws]http://youtu.be/X6bbXgUNOws[/video]

Maura is on her way to protect us from all things evil. Guns first then all of those other things that people get hurt on; ATVs, snowmobiles, motorcycles, bicycles, scuba diving, motor and sail boats, surf boards, roller skates and blades and god forbid you can buy a knife with a sharp edge or point, and her ultimate triumph will be private cars. Sooner or later something a liberal likes to do for fun will be excluded under her consumer protection garbage, the bacon hill gang better wake up and act.

I'm waiting for Maura to issue a decree that the bow and arrows on the state seal are illegal versions of banned weapons.
986f86b83dd771b2a3617bb3cdf7031a.jpg

I guess I am dense or clueless or miss all the good threads. I have been fairly regular here for over year and haven't seen this hatred of LEOs. LEOs are just like the rest of us, you got good ones and you got bad ones.

I want to clarify my early statement on exemptions. If I was a LEO I would love the exemption also. I also might also keep my mouth shut about laws and policies if opening it meant I was going to get a ration of crap from higher ups and do potential career damage.

My thoughts on the LEO exemptions is the same as others law, such as Obama care, that have exemptions for politicians. I feel there should no exemptions for anyone. There is nothing to be gained, unless you are of the special class, and much to be lost. The whole purpose of exemptions are to buy the political support of the exempted class while oppressing the non-exempted class. In the end there can be nothing but problems because you are pitting one group against the other.

I've known a lot of cops. I honestly can say I've not met a bad one, maybe a few grumpy ones, but no really "bad" ones. Most that I've met are just decent straight up folk trying to support their families. When I've had conversation about firearms and the AWB, most of them have said they and their colleagues hate the MA firearms laws, and more so the new guidance. It is confusing and a PITA for them to figure out what to enforce. A few have literally apologized to me for having the exemption, saying it isn't fair but glad they have it. The issue here is not with the rank and file, but with the top brass who have made the deal with the devil.

Yeah there's been a real groundswell of cops speaking out against the AG. I'm just worried they're being TOO aggressive about it.

Really? Where? Not a cop hater by any stretch but I don't see what your claiming.

Not that I expect them to care. They are exempt and that will never change.

I've known a lot of cops. I honestly can say I've not met a bad one, maybe a few grumpy ones, but no really "bad" ones. Most that I've met are just decent straight up folk trying to support their families. When I've had conversation about firearms and the AWB, most of them have said they and their colleagues hate the MA firearms laws, and more so the new guidance. It is confusing and a PITA for them to figure out what to enforce. A few have literally apologized to me for having the exemption, saying it isn't fair but glad they have it. The issue here is not with the rank and file, but with the top brass who have made the deal with the devil.

Than maybe the rank and file should have some words with their chiefs about supporting us mere "civilians". Oh wait, they are more worried about their jobs than having a fair playing field.

How many workers would cross their bosses about this in the private sector ? Same/same

Really do not think it is a apples to apples comparison. You guys swore to uphold the Constitution yet it appears most do not mind the extra bennies your badge gives you.

Hey every politician that voted for gun laws and to "uphold the constitution" would be in jail for proposing gun laws if the courts read it that way. So yes if you want to say a cop should go against his boss, same as a civilian going against his boss. I don't hold out hope for street cops to say anything to put their job on the line, I would like it to happen though.

Hey every politician that voted for gun laws and to "uphold the constitution" would be in jail for proposing gun laws if the courts read it that way. So yes if you want to say a cop should go against his boss, same as a civilian going against his boss. I don't hold out hope for street cops to say anything to put their job on the line, I would like it to happen though.

Well it is all a big cluster f*** with judges, pols, cops etc.

Really? Where? Not a cop hater by any stretch but I don't see what your claiming.
Not that I expect them to care. They are exempt and that will never change.
Um, I think you might have missed Bill's sarcasm... Pretty sure he was saying cops will aggressively speak out publicly against a sitting AG sometime around when the thermometer in hell drops below 30 degrees....
I'll go out on a limb and bet that in most MA cities and towns, if you're a cop and gave the Herald or Globe an interview ripping Maura (or ripping anyone, for that matter)? The first thing you'd hear over your cruiser radio when the story was printed would be "Car five, report to headquarters and see the Deputy Superintendent".
Who would probably begin his "conversation" with you by using the phrase "Listen, patrolman, shut the absolute f*ck up or you'll be writing reports on that desk over there until Friday - of next month!"
(etc)

Last edited:
Really do not think it is a apples to apples comparison. You guys swore to uphold the Constitution yet it appears most do not mind the extra bennies your badge gives you.

Just chil out,
you expect some one to jump out and crusade and lose his livelihood , are you gonna support his family when he gets the ax?

I know a lot of cops, am related to cops, etc, and yeah some can be (sometimes very) difficult to get along with/AlphaMale/anger management/etc etc... But I try to remember the (sometimes literal) sh*t they have to deal with on a daily - make that hourly - actually make that momentary - basis.

I work a job that's considered "tough", EXTREMELY stressful, high pressure, very demanding, etc etc ... But I leave for work, kiss the wife and kids, drive the highway and grab my coffee on the way to my desk, and I'm fairly confident that nobody (homeless, drugs, booze etc) is gonna take a sh*t in my back seat, nobody's gonna throw a random punch (or knife blade) at me, and no sniper or no wingnut with a stolen Glock is gonna squeeze off a few rounds in my direction. I'm pretty sure, barring God forbid a car accident, that I'm coming home in one piece tonight.

Not making excuses for the cops but, yeah, kinda making excuses for the cops. If you and I think it's a sh*tshow out there and when the sh*t really hits the fan we call 911 to take care of the "problem" (of the opioid-enraged homeless dude flailing a homemade shiv at innocent passersby).
I can just imagine being a third of the way through my first cup of morning coffee and hearing "Respond to the subway stop for the assault in progress" etc and arriving, with helpful intent. And getting pelted with abuse (and God knows what else) from the now increasing mob who is shouting at me to "Leave the poor man alone, don't hurt him" or, worse, "Yo! Muthaf*ckin po-leece! Dat's my friend and his life matters!! (as the friend is swinging the blade at everything in his/her imaginary sight).

Cops are human, just like we are. And at least I get to (usually) finish my first cup of coffee in work before the sh*t hits the fan on a daily basis....

Just sayin'

Last edited:

If someone (as an experiment) asked 100 cops what their oath is, I'm willing to bet that 95% (especially for those that were never in the MIL) would NOT mention the Constitution at all. As a town official, I've been given oaths that didn't even include anything about the Constitution (as did police officers during that timeframe) . . . due to my complaint about this, our Town Clerk now includes it, but for many years it was omitted. I can't speak for other towns.

Politicians and bureaucrats are opportunists by nature and it is extremely rare to find one with the integrity to uphold anything that they had claimed they stood for when they were elected or appointed!!

Just chil out,
you expect some one to jump out and crusade and lose his livelihood , are you gonna support his family when he gets the ax?

Exactly! Over the years some of our FT POs mentioned things that they felt should be done, but they were too scared to mention it to the chief. One day I mentioned to our chief (the good guy) that we should put cages in the cruisers and got an earful of his yelling at me that they weren't needed, etc. When one of our selectmen (appointing authority) parked such to block in 75 cars, I had to threaten to tow her car to get her to move it, the FT Sgt almost had a stroke when I told him what happened . . . as I told him, I do my job as a PT PO and don't rely on a weekly paycheck, so if she took offense they wouldn't appoint me but that is the way I would conduct myself . . . he made it clear that no FT PO would have faced her off for fear of retribution (and he was union with protections, I had none). I understood where our guys were coming from. When I was a corporate employee, there was no way that I could have faced off my bosses and told them what they should do (and suggestions are usually ignored)! That's reality in an environment where you aren't the top dog!

If someone (as an experiment) asked 100 cops what their oath is, I'm willing to bet that 95% (especially for those that were never in the MIL) would NOT mention the Constitution at all. As a town official, I've been given oaths that didn't even include anything about the Constitution (as did police officers during that timeframe) . . . due to my complaint about this, our Town Clerk now includes it, but for many years it was omitted. I can't speak for other towns.

Politicians and bureaucrats are opportunists by nature and it is extremely rare to find one with the integrity to uphold anything that they had claimed they stood for when they were elected or appointed!!

Exactly! Over the years some of our FT POs mentioned things that they felt should be done, but they were too scared to mention it to the chief. One day I mentioned to our chief (the good guy) that we should put cages in the cruisers and got an earful of his yelling at me that they weren't needed, etc. When one of our selectmen (appointing authority) parked such to block in 75 cars, I had to threaten to tow her car to get her to move it, the FT Sgt almost had a stroke when I told him what happened . . . as I told him, I do my job as a PT PO and don't rely on a weekly paycheck, so if she took offense they wouldn't appoint me but that is the way I would conduct myself . . . he made it clear that no FT PO would have faced her off for fear of retribution (and he was union with protections, I had none). I understood where our guys were coming from. When I was a corporate employee, there was no way that I could have faced off my bosses and told them what they should do (and suggestions are usually ignored)! That's reality in an environment where you aren't the top dog!

The funniest one I remember was a long time guy in our town pulled over one of the newer selectman in town for blowing through a school zone with kids getting out, doing about 50 in a 20.
The dumbass gave him the "Do you know who I am ?"
He said "Sure, your name's right there on the ticket. Have a nice day."

The funniest one I remember was a long time guy in our town pulled over one of the newer selectman in town for blowing through a school zone with kids getting out, doing about 50 in a 20.
The dumbass gave him the "Do you know who I am ?"
He said "Sure, your name's right there on the ticket. Have a nice day."

Great story. I'm one of those guys too!

Few have the integrity to stand up for what is right in the face of those with power.

The Massachusetts attorney general has launched an innovative investigation of major firearm makers based on her state’s expansive consumer-protection law.

Innovation in ways to screw over citizens and consumers... yeah that is what we need... WTF.

Guns, it's worth noting, are one of the only products not regulated by the federal Consumer Product Safety Commission.
Maybe thats because, as Healey and her predecessors have demonstrated, whenever there is an opportunity to control it will be contorted to serve political agendas rather than to actually help consumers.

I imagine this is going to have repercussions we haven't thought of yet when it comes to firearms. Also shows that the courts are willing to give the AG a blank check to do whateverthe**** she wants by making even regulations in writing to be broader than what is written in ink.

http://www.universalhub.com/2016/state-consumer-protection-laws-protect-companies
The Supreme Judicial Court has ruled that a state law and regulation intended to protect consumers from shoddy vehicle repairs applies to corporations as well.
The court's opinion comes in response to a formal query from a federal appeals court, which is currently considering a lawsuit brought by Limoliner - which provides upper-class bus service between Boston and New York - against a maintenance company it says failed to properly fix a problem on one of its buses. A lower-court judge had thrown out Limoliner's claim under the Massachusetts consumer-protection law and a companion regulation developed by the state Attorney General's office because Limoliner is a corporation, not a person.
But in its opinion, the state's highest court said the specific provisions cited by Limoliner refer to "customers," rather than "consumers," and the fact that the Attorney General's office used that specific language was obviously deliberate:
The word "customer" is defined in the first section of the Attorney General's motor vehicle regulations as "any person who . . . seeks to have repairs . . . performed by a repair shop on a motor vehicle," 940 Code Mass. Regs. § 5.01 (1993), and, in that same section, "person" is defined as "an association, a corporation, an institution, a natural person, an organization, a partnership, a trust or any legal entity."
In a footnote, the court also rejects another argument by the company Limoliner is suing that involves pronouns:
[W]e are not persuaded by the defendant's contention that the regulation's use of an authorization form written in the first person, or its reference to customers as "him or her," implies intent to restrict its applicability only to "individual consumers/customers." See 940 Code Mass. Regs. § 5.05(3)-(4). The language of the regulation may have been written with consumers in mind, but that does not mean it was intended only for consumers. Moreover, with respect to the form, both its first person language and its use of colloquial terms, such as "car," might simply reflect an attempt to provide an easily-intelligible document -- one that would be just as helpful to businesses, who might not be versed in legal or automotive jargon, as to consumers.

Opinion here:
http://www.universalhub.com/files/limoliner-opinion.pdf

I know a lot of cops, am related to cops, etc, and yeah some can be (sometimes very) difficult to get along with/AlphaMale/anger management/etc etc... But I try to remember the (sometimes literal) sh*t they have to deal with on a daily - make that hourly - actually make that momentary - basis.

I work a job that's considered "tough", EXTREMELY stressful, high pressure, very demanding, etc etc ... But I leave for work, kiss the wife and kids, drive the highway and grab my coffee on the way to my desk, and I'm fairly confident that nobody (homeless, drugs, booze etc) is gonna take a sh*t in my back seat, nobody's gonna throw a random punch (or knife blade) at me, and no sniper or no wingnut with a stolen Glock is gonna squeeze off a few rounds in my direction. I'm pretty sure, barring God forbid a car accident, that I'm coming home in one piece tonight.

Not making excuses for the cops but, yeah, kinda making excuses for the cops. If you and I think it's a sh*tshow out there and when the sh*t really hits the fan we call 911 to take care of the "problem" (of the opioid-enraged homeless dude flailing a homemade shiv at innocent passersby).
I can just imagine being a third of the way through my first cup of morning coffee and hearing "Respond to the subway stop for the assault in progress" etc and arriving, with helpful intent. And getting pelted with abuse (and God knows what else) from the now increasing mob who is shouting at me to "Leave the poor man alone, don't hurt him" or, worse, "Yo! Muthaf*ckin po-leece! Dat's my friend and his life matters!! (as the friend is swinging the blade at everything in his/her imaginary sight).

Cops are human, just like we are. And at least I get to (usually) finish my first cup of coffee in work before the sh*t hits the fan on a daily basis....

Just sayin'

Too be fair I've never called 911 in a situation that I couldn't handle other than a fire. I just did call because I'd have been in jail if I handled it my way. They bring a lot of this crap on themselves. If people were allowed to kick the ever living shit out of people now a days I think a bunch of our problems would self correct.

Granny Warren practiced law without a license at Harvard. ... Yet the Board of Bar Overseers gave the complaint a good brooming. ...

I'm sure Marsha would get the same consideration from the corrupt Mass BBO ...
Who is Marsha? Massachusetts has never had an attorney general whose name was or is Marsha.
Sure we have, Martha "Marsha" Coakley.

Indeed; Mass. has had two AG's named "Marsha":

1. Marsha Coakley
  2. Marsha Healey

Not a dime's worth of difference between them.
Let's hope the sequence stops at 2.
tumblr_mrmeod3aGF1rgcauho1_500.jpg

ETA: But if I called into Howie Carr and referred to AG's Marsha Harshbarger or Marsha Reilly, he wouldn't blink an ear.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom