M&P40c not popular?

M&P40c not popular?

People hating on the 40 are as dumb as the people that say 40 is the be all end all. When it comes to hand guns it's all about shot placement and what you shoot well; caliber is pretty much irrelevant as far as lethality goes (except .380 f**k .380) Statistically, hand gun mortality rates are pretty low.

That being said, I find the 9mm lends itself better to compacts than 40 which is why the 40C may seem scarce.

I currently fell in love with this round. I love the recoil of it and the potential "ballistics" of it. The only reason I have the 9c is because the 40c wasn't available at the time of purchase, every since then I regretted getting it. I'm not saying that the 9c is a bad gun, it is a great little shooter and it is excellent for ccw. I enjoy the the 9c a lot, but I'm stuck behind enemy lines and I'm only allowed to carry 10+1. I rather have a bigger cartridge. Thank you all for the suggestions.

Mike

I currently fell in love with this round. I love the recoil of it and the potential "ballistics" of it. The only reason I have the 9c is because the 40c wasn't available at the time of purchase, every since then I regretted getting it. I'm not saying that the 9c is a bad gun, it is a great little shooter and it is excellent for ccw. I enjoy the the 9c a lot, but I'm stuck behind enemy lines and I'm only allowed to carry 10+1. I rather have a bigger cartridge. Thank you all for the suggestions.

Mike

Mike, Did u find a gun? If so whatcha got..

Mike

Everyone says this but in the compact you're only missing out on 2 or 3 rounds of 9mm. The potential actually sucks, when you look at it's parent cartridge (10mm) although some of the 155 and 165 gr loadings still do pretty well. Stay away from 180s, complete waste of time/money. (they're the most neutered because it brings the cartridge near pressure limits. ) I carried .40 for years and it worked just fine for me, but then again I also had guns that handled the cartridge pretty well, too.

That said, I've fired a 40c a few times and it's pretty controllable. The only thing that angers me about that gun is smith no longer offers factory .357 sig barrels for it.

-Mike

Last edited:
Everyone says this but in the compact you're only missing out on 2 or 3 rounds of 9mm. The potential actually sucks, when you look at it's parent cartridge (10mm) although some of the 155 and 165 gr loadings still do pretty well. Stay away from 180s, complete waste of time/money. (they're the most neutered because it brings the cartridge near pressure limits. ) I carried .40 for years and it worked just fine for me, but then again I also had guns that handled the cartridge pretty well, too.

That said, I've fired a 40c a few times and it's pretty controllable. The only thing that angers me about that gun is smith no longer offers factory .357 sig barrels for it.

-Mike

Without searching Mike.... you should be able to buy them aftermarket. Storm\Lake.... I have a ported compact 357 and a FS 357...

I actually recently picked up a load of 357sig ammo, threw the FS 357 barrel in my FS40 and had a blast!! It shot so good, I was giddy.... and it was dead accurate out to 25yds... In fact, I couldn't believe it was me behind the trigger...

Without searching Mike.... you should be able to buy them aftermarket. Storm\Lake.... I have a ported compact 357 and a FS 357...

I know that, but it's one of those things that when you hear about their decision it gets mind numbing. I'd rather just have a factory barrel. When smith sold it it was relatively inexpensive and worked well, too.

-Mike

I know that, but it's one of those things that when you hear about their decision it gets mind numbing. I'd rather just have a factory barrel. When smith sold it it was relatively inexpensive and worked well, too.

-Mike

There was just an M&P357c for sale yesterday here .... I jumped over the moon to buy it but the seller turned out to be a dick... I'd like to bang his feedback... but I'll leave it at ... he sucks..

Back
Top Bottom