• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

M&P .40 to .357?

If and when they ever get a 357SIG barrel available, I will let you know. I have had one on order for well over a year. S&W does not have them, and neither do 5 custom barrel makers I have contacted.

To answer your question, when available, it will be a drop in change from 40 to 357SIG.

Smith just started shipping out the .357sig M&Ps this month. It's prolly gonna be a couple of months before we see any .357 barrels from S&W.

I have a SIG 229 that came in 40 that took a 357 Sig conversion bbl nicely. I'm thinking the M&P should be the same. The only thing will be whether your 40 mags will seat 357 Sig rounds properly. I would think they would as the Sig 40 mags took the 357s without a problem.

Same issue that there is with cramming the .45 into a subcompact Glock I would imagine.

Still, if and when it get certified Mass compliant, which could easily be after I get out of this state, I could see myself grabbing one.

Is the M&P in .45 available in MA yet? I know they are out in the free world - but I have'nt read anything about them being available here in MA.

Is the M&P in .45 available in MA yet? I know they are out in the free world - but I have'nt read anything about them being available here in MA.

Right now, from what I have been told, they are too backed up with LE orders and the larger states to spend the time needed on MA but it is coming.

Can't blame em. The production lines are probably being overrun with M&P orders and Massachusetts is just too much trouble and too little in the way of sales for them to focus too much on it. I'm sure they'll have the pistols submitted in due course.

Back
Top Bottom