• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

LTC Renewals Anyone Waiting longer than a month?

UNSUB

NES Member
So I keep hearing these horror stories of people waiting months for their LTC. I submitted my application recently at 30 days (I know I should have gone in earlier, life is complicated). When I submitted my package the civilian that handles it in Gloucester where I reside said there is a backup for months? My heart sank when she said this as I use my license for employment. To my surprise 3 weeks later it came in the mail? Normally I have to pick it up from the department but there it was in a hand written envelope from the department. I may be the anomaly (I'm nobody special, except to Mom) but here it is. Don't let your department give you the runaround. It can be done.

My wife had an appointment in late February, which she missed. She's been trying to reschedule but the Beverly PD says they're not doing renewals at this time. She asked if she could carry with her expired LTC-A, and they said "No". Her License expires in two weeks, my youngest daughter in July and mine in September. This sounds like Bullshit to me. In Beverly, the Police have you make an appointment to come in and sit down with the Firearms officer. That used to be Bill Terry but he retired. According to,Renew a firearms license, to qualify for the grace period, you MUST submit your renewal application prior to the expiration date of your current license. Since they won't let her submit her application, I was wondering if I should have her mail it to the Police return receipt before her license expires? Who do I make the $100.00 Check out to, Comm of Mass?

My wife had an appointment in late February, which she missed. She's been trying to reschedule but the Beverly PD says they're not doing renewals at this time. She asked if she could carry with her expired LTC-A, and they said "No". Her License expires in two weeks, my youngest daughter in July and mine in September. This sounds like Bullshit to me. In Beverly, the Police have you make an appointment to come in and sit down with the Firearms officer. That used to be Bill Terry but he retired. According to,Renew a firearms license, to qualify for the grace period, you MUST submit your renewal application prior to the expiration date of your current license. Since they won't let her submit her application, I was wondering if I should have her mail it to the Police return receipt before her license expires? Who do I make the $100.00 Check out to, Comm of Mass?
Normally you make the check out to the town.

Some towns are accepting renewal applications by Mail or Email, others are refusing to do anything. I'd call for the chief and ask. If they completely refuse, I'd escalate the request to the selectman/mayor/city council, failing that, I'd escalate to the state rep/state sen and ask for their help in getting the PD to "see the light"! Good luck.

See the thread about towns suspending licensing.

Your question will likely be answered, though probably not in a way you like.

@drgrant Please merge. ;-)

Back
Top Bottom