• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

LTC limbo?

So, I put in my renewal back in November, expired beginning of this month and still no word on when it will come in![angry] WTF are we supposed to do? I understand that you can still carry, but my problem is that you can't even purchase ammo from most places, let alone firearms! Already missed out on a deal because of this. Is there some way to check status?

So, I put in my renewal back in November, expired beginning of this month and still no word on when it will come in![angry] WTF are we supposed to do? I understand that you can still carry, but my problem is that you can't even purchase ammo from most places, let alone firearms! Already missed out on a deal because of this. Is there some way to check status?

You can check your status on MIRCS. Just have your PIN handy.

Edited to add - the status of your license that is (still valid or not), not the status of the renewal process.

You can still buy whatever you want. Just keep the receipt from your application with you.

Thanks. I asked about this at my LGS the other day and was told they couldn't transfer any firearms on an expired license, but that they would sell me ammo just because they have known me for many years. So based on that, all would be fine if they actually ran my LTC through the system during a purchase? If so, apparently they didn't know that, or have never encountered that situation yet!

- - - Updated - - -

You can check your status on MIRCS. Just have your PIN handy.

Edited to add - the status of your license that is (still valid or not), not the status of the renewal process.

Thanks, that's what I thought. I was hoping that there was a way to check whether it was already processed, or sent, etc.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom