LTC,How long to wait?

Check the GOAL website for the most current FID expiration list.

Too bad this wasn't posted early yesterday. I was at the RO meeting last night at BR&P and could have asked someone what's happening in Braintree if I had known.

DMH takes forever to get back to any of the towns. The towns that hound them get answers, if the PD just sits back and waits for a response, everyone involved may die of old age first.

Just called my PD and the firearms Admin said come by and pick it up. Looks like I got my LTC-A ALP.

I should have called sooner but I didn't want to seem like I was pestering them.

Time to go shopping.

HOOAH!!!

just found out

again my friend is still waiting for his permit
its 10 weeks now and no answer
the offier that he is dealing with in braintree just got her permit
that she applied for on july
why is it taking so long

Why does it take so long?

- Some PDs drag their feet and do not submit your application within the time period alloted (7 days IIRC). The law may require it, but there is no penalty for them to delay and so some do just that.

- Dept of Mental Health is legally supposed to respond, but they frequently do not respond at all, or take as much as 6 months to do so. Some PDs that believe in the 2nd will take efforts to contact them and become a PITA to them to get an answer. Some PDs will just sit back and "wait" forever . . . as it fits their agenda (both DMH and the PD that just "waits") that nobody should be carrying a gun anyway.

Hope that explains the situation.

Thanks guys. Still dont have it in hand yet but will be racing to the PD during my lunch time to pick it up.

Seems like the Glock I want is really high in price in stores vs. a private seller. I'll need to do more research first.

a buddy of mine was told 5 weeks. december 18, i think, he said. good christmas present. he also told me they haven't cashed his check yet. what gives with that? i didn't have that problem.

lagrangian said:
My check wasn't cashed for almost a month. It had me worried at the time, but things turned out OK. Like you, I was wondering what was up with that.

Laziness on their part! Cashing checks is totally separate from issuing (or not) LTC/FIDs. The payment is for the APPLICATION, you don't get any rebate if you are refused.

LenS said:
Laziness on their part! Cashing checks is totally separate from issuing (or not) LTC/FIDs. The payment is for the APPLICATION, you don't get any rebate if you are refused.

Oh, I knew the $100 was non-refundable. I was just worried that taking so long to cash the check meant that they hadn't yet submitted the application to the MSP.

lagrangian said:
LenS said:

Oh, I knew the $100 was non-refundable. I was just worried that taking so long to cash the check meant that they hadn't yet submitted the application to the MSP.

Nope, it just means that they buried the checks on someone's desk for a long time. No one knows if/when they bury applications on desks however. Likely if it takes 2-3 months or more, they intentionally buried the apps on someone's desk at the PD . . . it's their way of making it difficult for legal gun owners and some PDs make this their "standard practice"!

Mine took exactly three weeks, mine has restrictions on of target and hunting, ALP was not an option, they told, no way it's going to happen, but they said if i was good and didn't get into trouble with it then when i went to renew they'd give me one for ALP. I just think it's funny that if i lived in the town over i could have gotten one for ALP.

planb1215 said:
Mine took exactly three weeks, mine has restrictions on of target and hunting, ALP was not an option, they told, no way it's going to happen, but they said if i was good and didn't get into trouble with it then when i went to renew they'd give me one for ALP. I just think it's funny that if i lived in the town over i could have gotten one for ALP.

Ya know...when CoP's do this, it just amazes me. If you HADN'T been GOOD to BEGIN with, you NEVER would have gotten it in the FIRST place.
[roll] I really hate this state and the power it's given these "godlings".

For those who missed it, GOAL is attempting to collect information on the unequal treatment that applicants get from one town to the next. If you or a friend have applied for either a new license or a renewal and either

• * Had the application take longer than the 40 days allowed by law, or
    * Been required to submit information or references not part of the application specified by law, or
    * Been required to take training other than specified by law

then please download this form, complete it and return the information to GOAL.

Sitting at the keyboard and whining about discrimination is one thing; trying to fix the problem takes a little more work. GOAL can't do much if nobody is willing to provide the ammunition they need.

Ken

KMaurer, the link to the complaint form doesn't work for me. trying to get it for my friend, but all i get is a blank page. went to the GOAL web site, but couldn't find it there either. thanx for the help.

steve

djsmiles, link works for me.
Occassionally Adobe can hang forever while it tries to autmotically install updates. You just want to look at a page and Adobe is working feverishly in the background to install Adobe Image Viewer, or the Mandarin Character Set, or some other unwanted, ancillary program. The way to test this is to let the page open for a looong time. Eventually you'll get some sort of install/update message.

The link works fine.

BUT if you have browser security very tight, it won't work. If you don't have Adobe Reader installed, it won't work.

I try another browser (Firefox) when I need to do something (that I KNOW is safe) that IE won't let me do. I have my IE cranked down tighter than a drum!

A lot of times a broswer either doesn't have the Adobe PDF plug-in installed (or installed properly) or security is set up too tight. Try right-clicking on the link and saving it rather than trying to display it through the browser. You can most liekly view the file after you've downloaded it.

Ken

link worked at home. my work computer sux. doesn't matter anyway. he got his license the other day. class a, all lawful purposes. town of greenfield.

Still file the complaint if it was late and/or additional restrictions were added. I think they are planning on using the info as ammo to streamline the process.

Matt

Newton LTC A 3 weeks, target only

From the time I applied for a LTC A in Newton, until I got my card was 3 weeks.

It is restricted to "Target Shooting". I applied for All Lawful Purposes, but I didn't get it. I guess I could have insisted, but I didn't...

Back
Top Bottom