LTC,How long to wait?

Newton is listed on Packing.org as

Almost Impossible or Impossible to Obtain a Class "A" CHP "All Lawful Purposes".

hminsky,

You could have insisted... and been laughed out of the office I'm afraid...

Others hear more familiar with the law will quote chapter and verse, but suffice to say, you'll take what they give and be unhappy about it. End of story.

But, hey, look on the right side... at least you got a Class A...

Merry Christmas,
Matt

Billerica LTC waiting period?

I submitted my application in mid November and have had no response to telephone calls (always wind up at the compliance officer's voice mailbox) or to a letter requesting information on where I was in the process.

When I joined a local R&G club a few weeks ago (in anticipation) another new member told me that it took him 6 months before he received his ALP license.

Anyone else have any experience or suggestions for dealing with the Billerica PD?

I'll fill out the GOAL complaint form just to give them another data point but I don't expect that will directly help me with my problem.

Ninemil,

Welcome to the forum.

I "suspect" that the intent of the GOAL complaint forms is to make a push for "must issue" or "state issued" LTCs.

The MCOPA really fears giving up control of the licensing process, but Chief Glidden's admonition that if they continue to screw their "subjects" they risk losing that total control seems to fall on deaf ears.

The only real solution is to take the licensing process away from the PDs, give it to the MSP with one uniform (by the letter of the law) policy on issuing all LTCs (Resident or NR). Some chiefs are inadvertently helping push us in that direction.

Re: Billerica LTC waiting period?

Ninemil said:
Anyone else have any experience or suggestions for dealing with the Billerica PD?

First welcome to the forum. Second, call the PD, or stop by in person and ask to speak with Inspector Casey.

He is a good guy, and very reasonable. He has his hands full with all he does, but he gets the applications off. Actually, he is also a gun guy himself, and if you have any questions about guns, he is a good resource.

Have you even been called back for your interview or anything yet? If not you should stop by. Usually you will be called back a week or so after you drop off your application for pictures, fingerprints, and such.

Hope this helps
Adam

Billerica LTC waiting period...

Thanks for the welcome and the quick response to my question. I love forums like this.

Adam... I have called and stopped by the station several times but have been unable to get through to Inspector Casey - and I didn't mean to imply that he's difficult; I understand that he has a lot of applications to go through. The times that I have stopped by the police station the desk clerks just say "be patient". Ok, I can deal with that but I would hope that they could provide at least an estimate of how long the process might take. They haven't called me in for the photo/fingerprint session so I assume that the State Police hasn't even done the background check yet. I'll take your suggestion though and continue to stop by in person. Perhaps the squeeky wheel will get greased. :)

You may do well to call and ask to talk with him. Find out when he is there, and stop into the station and tell the desk clerk you would like to speak with him. He will probably see you right then and there, and you can ask him.

Adam

BTW. I just went back and found my old post... I applied in Jan for my renewal/upgrade and I didn't get my license until May.

Adam

"They haven't called me in for the photo/fingerprint session so I assume that the State Police hasn't even done the background check yet."

Unless there is some kind of double secret agency within the State Police that I am not aware of, the only check that is going to be done by the MSP are your fingerprints through AFIS. All the other checks will be completed by your PD....regardless of what the law may say about the subject.

Mark

Ninemil, I ran into the same scenario last year when I applied for my LTC in Franklin. It was in mid-October and I didn't receive the call until Jan 2. Perhaps they are just holding off until after the holidays. Good luck and welcome to the forum.
Bill

Welcome to the gang NineMil. The average license takes anywhere from 3 weeks to 6 months....literally, so hang tight kiddo and be patient. No one in the PD can tall you how long it's going to take. It's the state.

I've said this before in posts and I'll say it again - if you're a registered voter (and only if), then, after 40 days, contact your state Rep's and Sen's office and complain that it's taking so long. THEY are the ones that picked the 40 day rule, which the state doesn't have a problem with crapping on. They do check the voter registry, so, if you're registered, then they'll (hopefully) pay attention to you and your complaint. It will, at least, let them know there's a problem. Depending on who your rep/sen is, they might actually try to help. [wink]

Ahem, Mother Mod . . .

Sorry, this one isn't the state's fault. The OP says he hasn't even been fingerprinted yet, ergo the state knows nothing of his application since the local PD is dragging their feet here. His 40 days will be up before they get around to interviewing him, taking mug shots and prints!

This is the abuse that GOAL is so interested in hearing about.

LenS said:
Ahem, Mother Mod . . .

Sorry, this one isn't the state's fault. The OP says he hasn't even been fingerprinted yet, ergo the state knows nothing of his application since the local PD is dragging their feet here. His 40 days will be up before they get around to interviewing him, taking mug shots and prints!

This is the abuse that GOAL is so interested in hearing about.

See what happens when you read too damn fast?

Okay....well then, AFTER you get finger printed, if it takes longer than 40 days....take it from my previous post. :D

Lynne,

Don't worry. I just did the same thing on GlockTalk! Felt like an idiot and had a few folks help me out by pointing out that I was an idiot!

Someone posted some Glock mags for sale, so I asked if they were pre-ban! DOH! The posted ad said that they were 10 rd mags! Damn, I felt stupid.

It happens to all of us at times.

" They haven't called me in for the photo/fingerprint session so I assume that the State Police hasn't even done the background check yet"

Just so you know, the PD is required by law to SUBMIT your fingerprints to the SP w/i seven days of taking the application. If you are NOT printed when the app is taken, your PD is screwing with you.

Not that I have an opinion on the matter...........

can someone help

what is the deal with braintree?
a freind has now been waiting 16 weeks today
no answer eather way yes or no
is not right what can he do he calls and they him
"nothing yet"
how can they make him wait so long

sickone, they can make you wait forever!

Only two ways to beat this:

- hiring a lawyer and paying the $ to have the lawyer apply pressure will "loosen up the process".

- have enough political clout in the town/city to push the issue from the top down.

Most folks don't have the juice and aren't willing to spend the bread, so they sit and wait, and wait, and wait!

- hiring a lawyer and paying the $ to have the lawyer apply pressure will "loosen up the process".

- have enough political clout in the town/city to push the issue from the top down.

Most folks don't have the juice and aren't willing to spend the bread, so they sit and wait, and wait, and wait!

Just so you know, the PD is required by law to SUBMIT your fingerprints to the SP w/i seven days of taking the application. If you are NOT printed when the app is taken, your PD is screwing with you.

Scrivener, that's what I was concerned about. The 40 day anniversary is tomorrow and I haven't had any response. I guess I'll call again today, leave a message, and become a PITB until something happens.

Scrivener, that's what I was concerned about. The 40 day anniversary is tomorrow and I haven't had any response. I guess I'll call again today, leave a message, and become a PITB until something happens.

" I guess I'll call again today, leave a message, and become a PITB until something happens."

NOTHING will happen. You have no documentation that the call was ever placed, still less who you spoke to or what was said. Phone calls are largely a waste of time.

Go in person with a friend (read: witness) or send a certified letter.

Or continue to wait.......

" I guess I'll call again today, leave a message, and become a PITB until something happens."

NOTHING will happen. You have no documentation that the call was ever placed, still less who you spoke to or what was said. Phone calls are largely a waste of time.

Scrivener said:

Certified letter...return receipt requested. At least that would prove that you sent the letter. Remember...be polite. :D

Scrivener said:

Certified letter...return receipt requested. At least that would prove that you sent the letter. Remember...be polite. :D

Back
Top Bottom