LTC Expired thanks to delays, now what?

My driver's license was about to expire next month so I went online and renewed it. Four days later I received it in the mail. What's so hard about that? It's the way your LTC should be handled. Yeah, it's the state that's slow, no wait, it's the local PD. JHC, what a messed up corrupt state we live in.

My driver's license was about to expire next month so I went online and renewed it. Four days later I received it in the mail. What's so hard about that? It's the way your LTC should be handled. Yeah, it's the state that's slow, no wait, it's the local PD. JHC, what a messed up corrupt state we live in.

My son lives in Alabama. Here is what he did to get a CCW permit. Which by the way is needed only to CCW. Buying a gun requires only a driver's license and NICS check.

He went to the county courthouse.
He gave the nice lady his AL DL.
He filled out a form.
He gave the lady $30.00
The lady ran his NCIC check, found a problem with that, made a phone call to MA, cleared the problem on her computer and made a note for his renewal so it wouldn't happen again.
The nice lady then printed out his CCW permit.

Total time was less than an hour, even with the NCIC screw up.

And that's in a state that was at the time technically "may issue".

"That's what I like about the south!"

Nope it does a validation verification before continuing. Expired or bad info and it's "all stop" right there. That's why they want us to use eFA-10 and not paper. If anyone looks before they scan, the paper ones should bounce too, I'm just not sure that they do look or verify when they scan however.

What about selling during the grace period, could you still sell a firearm FTF using eFA-10 while in the grace period?

Len,

What are your thoughts on buying or selling with a paper FA10 during the grace period?

Don

"It's not supposed to work" but like any of us, I don't know if they check before they scan. I do know that the eFA-10 system will prevent any transaction. No idea, and no opinion. Sorry.

Thanks. My thought is that since you are in compliance with the portion of the law that controls who can do a personal transfer, and you are in compliance with law that controls how to do a transfer (form as prescribed by . . . ), then you are clean. It would be interesting to see what would happen.

Because of course like you've explained to me many times, just because something makes sense and is legal, it can't necessarily be done. So much for the rule of law. Even bad law.

No no. Gun permits shouldn't exist. That's what the 2A is for. The fact that this place requires permits to own guns and requires you to register said guns is a testament to how ****ed up and corrupt it is. In other wours, the very existence of the firearms license system is exactly what makes it so ****ed up

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom