Looks like Troy Industries might have stepped in it.

I am not saying it 'compares' to Troy. I am simply trying to say that although they may not be on the same level, every company out there gets in bed with someone they shouldn't from time to time.

We can agree on that I think.

That's my point.

You're not saying it compares, you're actually directly comparing the two. Why not leave the wholly unrelated S&W news in that thread?

Troy didn't just hire an anti - that's old news and they fired him. Like I said, read up.

You're not saying it compares, you're actually directly comparing the two. Why not leave the wholly unrelated S&W news in that thread?

Troy didn't just hire an anti - that's old news and they fired him. Like I said, read up.

We agree to disagree.

I'll leave it at that.

I think you misinterpreted my boycott in regards to S&W. I should have said, I would never buy an M&P series handgun from them. That's my error.

Troy is a whole other ballgame, unrelated to the cluster**** Troy just created. Forums country wide are pretty much on fire.

This was a great article. And the comments are gold. What The Hell's The Problem With Troy Industries? | The Truth About Guns

Oh of course forums are going to be on fire.

Troy has probably been getting phone calls 24 hours a day since this happened.

On Facebook:
"I appreciate having the opportunity to speak to members of this forum. Troy Asymmetric, part of the “World of Troy,” is a business entity with a director who until this past week, held exclusive hiring authority. I am its owner, it bears my name and as we have witnessed in recent days, effects public opinion of all Troy divisions. Earlier this week, I terminated an instructor who did not support the Second Amendment as ardently as I and members of the community do.

Troy Asymmetric provides training to military and law enforcement personnel. If you spend 5 seconds on the website you’ll see a graphical depiction of a bomb explosion - the primary focus of the company. Take a moment to read the course list and you’ll note a common theme: training pertaining to explosions, bomb threats, post-blast crime scenes, incident command and crisis management. Instructors’ primary areas of expertise lie in the “bomb world,” with EOD experience, critical incident response, and tactical decision making. Some posters on the forum have said we only train “Jack Booted Thugs” and there is a secret agenda. These same posters conveniently ignore Troy Prepared: TroyPrepared. Troy Asymmetric to this date has offered no firearms training for Gov’t and LE, but in comparison, Troy Prepared has always offered firearms training to qualified civilians. From a factual, non-emotional context, it is impossible to draw the conclusion that we somehow do not support the Second Amendment and are only training “secret army”.

On August 22, 1992, Dale was an HRT Operator tasked to a mission in which he found himself facing armed adversaries. His thoughts were not only on the situation at hand, but the tragic death of a child and a U.S. Marshal. During this type of confrontation when people die, you don’t have the ability to pick sides, they are drawn before you arrive. Dale did what he was trained to do as a sniper / observer. He was fortunate not to have to take a life at this engagement. Special Agent Horiuchi made the regrettable shot, a mistake for which he will never be forgiven. Of the FBI Agents assigned to the Ruby Ridge tragedy, Dale has been one of the most outspoken. He has delivered dozens of presentations to more than 1000 civilians titled “Mistakes and Lessons of Ruby Ridge”. I weighed carefully the decision whether or not to retain Dale and could find no ethical or moral reason to remove him. Dale has not committed a criminal act, he answered all questions honestly, he did not cover anything up and he did not shoot anyone at Ruby Ridge. Dale was asked to join TA for his critical incident management expertise. Dale was never slated by TA for firearms instruction.

We all know from our biggest failures come the greatest lessons in life. Providing training that is relevant with experienced, qualified instructors can prevent a tragedy like Ruby Ridge. Dale will be able to deliver this powerful message and lessons learned in crisis management and incident command. I am driven and passionate about bringing effective change through pertinent training and speakers that have lived through these nightmares. Many times I have seen posts in forums that state “if you weren’t there then SDASTFU”, with that same school of thought, there is no one better than Dale to speak about tragedies like Ruby Ridge.

I have been a longtime and outspoken supporter of the Second Amendment. I always choose to do what’s right, even if my stance goes against others opinion. I will not throw this man to the wolves as he has demonstrated throughout his life high integrity and honor. I know most of those who would disagree are using this forum to voice your anger towards the United States Government. In some cases that anger is justified. The Ruby Ridge tragedy and the loss of life there make no bigger example of abuse of power and Government gone wrong. However, I disagree with your personal attacks on my family and company as we are not the Government and we are not training “Jack Booted Thugs”. I am a patriot and I swore to uphold and defend the Constitution of The United States, all of it. Those who have taken that same oath recognize the importance of keeping it.
Thank you. -Steve Troy"

Last edited:
Also on FB:

"Troy Ind

August 21.

Earlier today we announced that Jody Weis will not be joining the Troy Asymmetric cadre of instructors.

Mr. Weis has no affiliation with Troy Asymmetric or any of its affiliated companies. It was the intention of Troy Asymmetric to retain him as a contract employee for government-specific programs. Troy Industries had no knowledge of Mr. Weis’ political leanings or stance on the Second Amendment as we are not involved in Chicago politics.

Troy has consistently put its money where its mouth is demonstrating a firm belief of the individual’s right to bear arms. Troy has turned away tens of millions of dollars in business from a sporting goods retailer who did not support our individual rights following the Newtown tragedy. Troy is the only firearms manufacturer to take this ethical stance on the Second Amendment.

Our immediate actions today re-affirm our commitment to the fundamental individual right to bear arms."

I didn't miss anything.

I also don't post things like: "**** Troy!" "Ruger is fudds!" "Boycott America!" "I'm gonna burn all Troy down!" Give me a ****ing break.

yaaaa, you missed everything.... I at least learned lots, and as usual, it wasn't from anything you shared.

As far as I'm concerned, Troy is GTG. They cancelled the contract with the anti-2A Chiraq CoP so all is well.. Troy makes some good products from rails, to BUIS, etc. I have their TRX Chasis on my Ruger 10/22 and their Free-float quad rail on my LR-308... I won't be selling or burning either.

As far as I'm concerned, Troy is GTG. They cancelled the contract with the anti-2A Chiraq CoP so all is well.. Troy makes some good products from rails, to BUIS, etc. I have their TRX Chasis on my Ruger 10/22 and their Free-float quad rail on my LR-308... I won't be selling or burning either.

How dare you say that you own anything Troy. You must hate freedom. [laugh]

It's one thing to have different beliefs than another. It's quite another for Troy to lie and say their business practices are conducive with their "ardent 2A beliefs" to try to sell their product, is how i see it.

What a weasel statement they put out too. It's all excuses and bullshit. It's more than obvious that they couldnt care less what Jody Weis' 2A stance was when they hired him. They'd want you to believe that despite having a policy of "ardent" 2A support, they didn't care to ask about it, and that they're too stupid to connect, chicago police superintendent=chicago=handgun ban=supreme court= unconstitutional.

Does anyone really believe that without the backlash that Troy would fire Weis, even knowing his history? No way. They'd like you to believe it was some sort of mistake though.

The fact is they fired Weis over some made-up "ardent" 2A support policy, that clearly didn't exist and wasnt a factor when they hired the guy.

On Dale Monroe Troy first says they support him because he never said he would have taken the shot:

"We have reviewed the 1995 Ruby Ridge Congressional testimony and found at 1:42:35 of the taping, it is indeed Ed Wenger who says he would have shot, had Special Agent Horiuchi not shot first. http://www.c-spanvideo.org/program/67153-1"

later:

"The accusations that Mr. Monroe would have taken a shot at Vicki Weaver are false. His Congressional testimony affirms that had he a better vantage point, he was prepared to shoot at Kevin Harris, the armed combatant posing an immediate threat to him, his team, and everyone at the scene."

Then talk about how everyone else got the facts wrong and he thinks Dale's a swell guy:

"It’s easy in an emotionally charged situation where a mother’s life has been taken, to lose sight of the facts. In our most trying times and failures we have an opportunity to rise above and distinguish ourselves to be people of character and honor. I know Dale Monroe to be such a man."

but then after people start posting the timing in the video Dale says that stuff:

At 1:03:30 in the video at the link, Dale Monroe believes both shots were justified.
At 2:16:50 in the video, Dale Monroe says he would have taken the shot if he would had the ability to take an accurate shot at the time.

Then he starts talking about how dale told the truth and didnt take the shot himself.

"Dale has not committed a criminal act, he answered all questions honestly, he did not cover anything up and he did not shoot anyone at Ruby Ridge."

It's all just bullshit. Jody Weis was easy to sacrifice since he wasn't around long enough to be Steve's buddy. Steve was going to keep his buddy Dale on the team all along and just bounced around between excuses to do so.

Neil are you saying we should be happy giving money to Troy who stands behind the murder of an innocent woman who was holding a child? It wasn't an accident. Sub moa rifle with sub moa shooter at 200 yards.

Then they taunted Randy after they murdered his son and wife. I'm no fan of what S&W did but comparing the two is honestly foolish. Not what I expected out of you.

We agree to disagree.

I'll leave it at that.

I bet we can agree that having to have a formal boycott of something, where those pushing it have to go out and solicit support, is usually pretty lame. If word gets around and people get pissed off enough at the issue on its face a boycott is what results, but you shouldn't have to force it.

Some people are trying to rally the pitchfork wielding mob by pressuring Troy's affiliated vendors, but most people are just walking away from Troy on their own in disgust.

Last edited:
Neil are you saying we should be happy giving money to Troy who stands behind the murder of an innocent woman who was holding a child? It wasn't an accident. Sub moa rifle with sub moa shooter at 200 yards.

Then they taunted Randy after they murdered his son and wife. I'm no fan of what S&W did but comparing the two is honestly foolish. Not what I expected out of you.

I am not condoning what Troy did or what Troy is continuing to do by any means.

All I am trying to say is that we need to be careful who we really want to boycott. Or where we don't want to spend our hard earned money. People on here or anywhere will say, "**** them" at the drop of a hat, but will they really?

I know where my line in the sand is, and that is all that matters. I don't need to pound my chest or stomp my feet, and show all of my cards to the entire internet, and the agents that troll said internet as well. (not you, I am speaking in generalities)

Again, I am not comparing S&W or Remington to Troy. If I did, my apologies. All I was saying is that a lot of things have happened in recent months, where a lot of gun companies have drawn their own line in the sand. I never said anywhere in this thread that Ruby Ridge was an accident. We can all read about what happened that day, and see that it was pretty horrific. People were charged afterward, so even others on the opposite side clearly saw something wrong with it as well.

Some are chest thumping. Like you I'm simply choosing where I buy my stuff from carefully.

I guess I could have said that, and been done with it. [laugh]

I still had a point though, and while not exactly the same as Ruby Ridge (because obviously what can be close to that), it still merits a second look.

That's all I was trying to say.

I am not condoning what Troy did or what Troy is continuing to do by any means.

Your presence in this thread - a thread solely about Troy Industries and the pile of shit they are in - seems to infer otherwise.

Edit: Disregard what I wrote above. I was wrong.

Last edited:
Wow I never heard of ruby ridge before.

A travesty in it's own right. And if you had heard of ruby ridge, there's a good chance you only got the MSM whitewashed version. Just like Waco, but worse.

There a whole lot of people who aren't the slightest bit aware of how evil governments are, and how even even ours can, and has been.

TroyIndustriesforJBTbyJBT2.jpg

please forward all guns and magazines (ammo too) for destruction to me, ive got a huge firepit for all that junk.

It's one thing to have different beliefs than another. It's quite another for Troy to lie and say their business practices are conducive with their "ardent 2A beliefs" to try to sell their product, is how i see it.

What a weasel statement they put out too. It's all excuses and bullshit. It's more than obvious that they couldnt care less what Jody Weis' 2A stance was when they hired him. They'd want you to believe that despite having a policy of "ardent" 2A support, they didn't care to ask about it, and that they're too stupid to connect, chicago police superintendent=chicago=handgun ban=supreme court= unconstitutional.

Does anyone really believe that without the backlash that Troy would fire Weis, even knowing his history? No way. They'd like you to believe it was some sort of mistake though.

The fact is they fired Weis over some made-up "ardent" 2A support policy, that clearly didn't exist and wasnt a factor when they hired the guy.

On Dale Monroe Troy first says they support him because he never said he would have taken the shot:

"We have reviewed the 1995 Ruby Ridge Congressional testimony and found at 1:42:35 of the taping, it is indeed Ed Wenger who says he would have shot, had Special Agent Horiuchi not shot first. http://www.c-spanvideo.org/program/67153-1"

later:

"The accusations that Mr. Monroe would have taken a shot at Vicki Weaver are false. His Congressional testimony affirms that had he a better vantage point, he was prepared to shoot at Kevin Harris, the armed combatant posing an immediate threat to him, his team, and everyone at the scene."

Then talk about how everyone else got the facts wrong and he thinks Dale's a swell guy:

"It’s easy in an emotionally charged situation where a mother’s life has been taken, to lose sight of the facts. In our most trying times and failures we have an opportunity to rise above and distinguish ourselves to be people of character and honor. I know Dale Monroe to be such a man."

but then after people start posting the timing in the video Dale says that stuff:

At 1:03:30 in the video at the link, Dale Monroe believes both shots were justified.
At 2:16:50 in the video, Dale Monroe says he would have taken the shot if he would had the ability to take an accurate shot at the time.

Then he starts talking about how dale told the truth and didnt take the shot himself.

"Dale has not committed a criminal act, he answered all questions honestly, he did not cover anything up and he did not shoot anyone at Ruby Ridge."

It's all just bullshit. Jody Weis was easy to sacrifice since he wasn't around long enough to be Steve's buddy. Steve was going to keep his buddy Dale on the team all along and just bounced around between excuses to do so.
i agree, they were looking to work both sides of the fence like the big boys do, but cant take a small hit on the private sales side.

my dollars, what few i have to spend on goodies, wont go to companies like this. if they can make hiring mistakes like this, who do they have cooking in the kitchen? i think there are companies with higher standards and lower standards, i'll take the highroad, even if it cost a few bucks more.

A travesty in it's own right. And if you had heard of ruby ridge, there's a good chance you only got the MSM whitewashed version. Just like Waco, but worse.

There a whole lot of people who aren't the slightest bit aware of how evil governments are, and how even even ours can, and has been.
For anyone who has no clue about ruby ridge I suggest you watch the documentary on you tube. Most here are VERY familiar with it. Some of the really young bucks may not have had their cherry busted yet.

OK, I'd like to add another dimension to what I first added to this thread. Once again, as I have noted to myself in the past, there are a few here that are as guilty as sin, flip flopping and back tracking when they are called out.... sorry, like STroy, it doesn't work for me. I first posted my disdain I have for Troy and my reasons that I felt the way I do. I was promptly called a TRoll, , a communist, and a few other things. I didn't start out attacking anyone, other than sharing what I felt was a poor business practice by the subject of the topic at hand, but a few here attacked me like I was the enemy. We're supposed to be on the same side. But because of ego and what is obvious to me, a few chest thumpers, that seem to always be tooting their own horn as to how great they are... I almost don't want to post... because, a few will try to twist what I say or what I meant...

The more I keep reading about RR, the more pissed I am, but truth be told, I will say it again, my initial outrage with Troy began when I felt they were trying, notice I said TRYING to take advantage of me by doubling the price of AR's..... This whole Dale thing falls right in line with what I said, Troy can't be trusted. I'd like to make more money in my business.... but not this way.... not the Troy way. Let's face it, this whole thread about the people working for Troy, is all about money.... period .... and nothing more.. Troy could care less if Joe Blow from NES bought a couple of his mags... he's after the big fish. Why do you think he hired a high ranking police officer from... of all places... Chicago!!! GEE, I WONDER WHO ELSE IS FROM CHICAGO.... did he really fire him.... and Dale... who are his contacts... I wonder... don't you..

Back
Top Bottom